Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.


Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cannagrower1775

rhizo system in 1.5m2 tent

55 posts in this topic

after 10+ years growing in soil I need to change the way things are done due to having kids in the home / growing in a loft. I have been looking at one of the rhizo systems as it looks to be fully automated when it comes to feeding and drainage! is this correct?

 

growell recommends the 4 pot system which in a 1.5m tent seems too little. what are peoples thoughts on this? I normally run 6 plants and get around .7gpw in soil so am wary of using less plants due to yield. 

 

If I change the medium to coco and run a 2 tent setup would I hand water in coco in veg and then use the rhizo system in my flowering tent? is it worth it to get the system for both veg and flower tents?

 

is there anything else I need to know regarding growing in coco and using a rhizo system ?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

It works same way as my wilma and its really good but as I have not much time to look after it-in flower  pH need to be checked every day-at least thats my experience.

next time I will go for coco and drain to waste. 

Share this post


Link to post

If you only use 4 pots in a 1.5m2 area, you will need to veg them up a lot to fill the space out ;)

Edited by cannathc

Share this post


Link to post

I use 6 pots in a 1.5m^2. I use 25L pots.

 

You need a long veg to fill that space.

 

It's a shorter turn around with less plants for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
On 09/12/2019 at 6:53 PM, mrevolve said:

I use 6 pots in a 1.5m^2. I use 25L pots.

 

You need a long veg to fill that space.

 

It's a shorter turn around with less plants for sure.

 

so just to be clear you use a 6 pot rhizo system in a 1.5m2 tent? do you have the brain inside the tent too? where did you get the 6 pot system from? cause I only see 4 or 8 for sale!

Edited by cannagrower1775

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, cannagrower1775 said:

 

so just to be clear you use a 6 pot rhizo system in a 1.5m2 tent? do you have the brain inside the tent too? where did you get the 6 pot system from? cause I only see 4 or 8 for sale!

 

1.5m x 1.5m is the equivalent of 25 square feet - you would be much better off with 9 plants in large 15 or 20 litre final pots in that space!

 

9 plants is also the legal limit of a "small personal grow" under the UK Sentencing Guidelines 2012, so if you get caught, anything up to 9 plants will be treated the same anyway ;)

Share this post


Link to post

If your looking for something low maintenance I think rdwc is a good candidate. All you really need to do is keep the res topped up. Pump won't cost a lot to get the water up there so you don't have to be humping buckets around. And fast veg growth.

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, cannathc said:

 

1.5m x 1.5m is the equivalent of 25 square feet - you would be much better off with 9 plants in large 15 or 20 litre final pots in that space!

 

9 plants is also the legal limit of a "small personal grow" under the UK Sentencing Guidelines 2012, so if you get caught, anything up to 9 plants will be treated the same anyway ;)

 

9 plant rhizo will not fit in 1.5m tent. 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, cannagrower1775 said:

 

9 plant rhizo will not fit in 1.5m tent. 

 

I am not saying it would, I am suggesting not using a Rhizo system, but using 9 X 15 or 20 litre pots, then for automated feeding, you could set up a dripper system, with 2 drippers per pot ;)

Share this post


Link to post

What is a rhizo system mate ? 

Share this post


Link to post

Its a drain system. 

Edited by egar

Share this post


Link to post

Hello all am a new comer and would appreciate some help on my strawberry OG strain. 

Am using hydro DWC system for the first time as before i was using the pot (coco) system and wanted to confirm if its a 8 weeker, i have looked online and states its a 8 weeks but others are stating 68 days.

Should i keep it at 8 weeks or push it further two weeks would it benefit better?

 

I currently use canna aqua, canna boost, plant magic, root excelurator and PK 9-18, looking to finish it up on the 8th week with ripen and flash with water on the 9th week.

 

If there are any suggestions on better remedies please do comment below. 

 

Can someone please give me some advice :thumsup:.

Share this post


Link to post

In a 150 wide you can fit 4 of the smaller rhizo trays,

I have a 150x100 & I have 2 rows of 4 trays.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, egar said:

Hello all am a new comer and would appreciate some help on my strawberry OG strain. 

Am using hydro DWC system for the first time as before i was using the pot (coco) system and wanted to confirm if its a 8 weeker, i have looked online and states its a 8 weeks but others are stating 68 days.

Should i keep it at 8 weeks or push it further two weeks would it benefit better?

 

I currently use canna aqua, canna boost, plant magic, root excelurator and PK 9-18, looking to finish it up on the 8th week with ripen and flash with water on the 9th week.

 

If there are any suggestions on better remedies please do comment below. 

 

Can someone please give me some advice :thumsup:.

 

It sounds like you are growing from seed, in which case they can take slightly longer to flower, so I would err on the side of caution and account for some extra days at the end - in any case, play it by ear and chop them when they are fully mature ;)

About flushing, as you are not sure of the exact flowering period, you need to strike a balance, and start flushing at around 7 weeks/49-50 days, and even if they are a strict 8-week strain, then you can leave them a few extra days flushing if you have time, giving them at least a 10-day flush ;)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

i got them as cuttings so dose that mean they finish dead on 8?

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0