Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MikeC

First grow, have Thrip problems

Hi everyone, just into the second week of my first grow, from cuttings.

A couple of days ago I noticed some yellow dots and silver trails like a miniature snail trails on the lower leaves on the plants, went to 1 Hydro shop and was told it was spider mites for which I bought Bugicide. 

But then yesterday I noticed really tiny little bugs on the leaves and after a bit of research and showing experienced growers pics I was told it was Thrips. 

The cuttings are about 2/3 weeks into veg and 12” high roughly what is the best bethod at getting rid of Thrips? 

I’ve been told the 3% Hydrogen Peroxide flush and spray on leaves. Or googled other pesticides but I’d like advice from people that have had this issue and got through it successfully. 

Thanks in advance 

Edited by MikeC

I've used provanto for thrips successfully in veg but I'm sure someone will be long soon to tell me I'm totally wrong because it's Sunday:)