Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

craig1000

Spider mites or thrips

24 posts in this topic

large.IMG_20191001_183036_compress72.jpglarge.MVIMG_20191001_183048_compress89.jpglarge.IMG_20191001_183042_compress85.jpglarge.5b099ce47c618_new2.jpg

Need someone's help. I am unsure if the thrips or spider mites. I can't see no cobwebs

1 person likes this

Thrips.

The silver white like markings on the leaf are a indocater of  thrips to my knowledge, Spider mites will have spots.

Your obviously in flower I'd suggest Predators, a website called dragonfli thats usually pretty good for predators mites.

Spinosad is meant to be good for thrips but due to the licensing issues in this country takes ages to ship it in.

Good luck

3 people like this

4 minutes ago, BarrySHitPeas said:

Thrips.

The silver white like markings on the leaf are a indocater of  thrips to my knowledge, Spider mites will have spots.

Your obviously in flower I'd suggest Predators, a website called dragonfli thats usually pretty good for predators mites.

Spinosad is meant to be good for thrips but due to the licensing issues in this country takes ages to ship it in.

Good luck

I will check that website out thanks m8

1 person likes this

I had a similar experience recently.I used the nematode soil drench and picked off the worse leaves daily, after a few days it stopped spreading all over the space.I added 25 nematode sachets alls good.

I removed the sticky traps they were catching my nematodes.

Im amazed to be fair I didnt expect it to work so well.I also increased my extraction to get temps around 25c for a few days.Apparently iirc below 26c they dont breed as fast.

I  used Dragonfli for the nematodes if you dont find the drench on there site its easy to find with google.

large.fullsizeoutput_519.jpeg

Edited by icki

I ran a multi-suite perpetual thrip hotel for a while. Tried both the nematodes and hypoaspis miles from Dragonfli. I personally found that the mites did a lot better in the veg tent where the humidity is high, the nematodes worked better in the flowering tent. As @icki said, remove the worst affected leaves every day, bag them up and get them out of your room. Worked really well for me. Still had a thorough clean down after. 

:yinyang:

3 people like this

aphids leave a silver trail, ants will keep aphids the silver trail is nectar to them, once aphids suck the plant to death they grow wings and move on or the ants will place them on another plant

2 people like this

For me the only way to truly eradicate pests is to use a non organic and less than favourable purpose made killer...obviously you can't do this in flower but in your mother/veg chamber then yes...

Organic ways are great for obvious reasons but it just controls at best never gets rid fully in my opinion and experience....if your okay with pests being present and controlled then brilliant but if it makes you loose sleep like it does me then you have to go all John Rambo !! 

I dont like to use pesticides at all but drastic times sometimes brings drastic measures....

Farmer G 

8 people like this

I managed to clear my thrips with a neem oil, castile soap spray.

I used it every 3 or 4 days for about 2 weeks and they haven't been back since, i dont know how long in to flower you could use as my plants were in veg.

1 person likes this

Got the thrips prediction coming Friday. The dragonfli stuff and the stuff in sachets. I think it I will have to spray in veg with neem oil once a week when the predators have done there stuff. Can you get thrips in coco as well as soil. Thanks for all your help 

You normally bring thrips into the space yourself.I bought mine in using a cover crop from outside, when my no till pot was gagging for grub.

As Farmer G says id hit your space hard once the plants out.

Floramite and Scotts Bug clear for a deep clean up.Nasty stuff though, don't breath any in.

Edited by icki

Floramite is dangerous stuff so if you use that please wear appropriate PPE :yep:

I once used it without a face mask woke up in morning to my lips basically covering my face !! 

Be warned...farmer knows lol

Farmer G

7 people like this

Tried all the mites and nematodes 

didn’t help me.

tried SB Plant invigorator 

didn’t work yet? Used twice 

tried Scott’s “BugClear Ultra” that’s safe on veg 

hasn’t worked ! And that’s systematic 

just looked and found a tiny big moving around can only see under the loupe 

honestly having a clue what to do next 

the plants that are in there now are 4 weeks into flower 

and 2 weeks into flower 

when using the Scotts I sprayed all the walls and floor and equipment 

I’m honestly shocked I’ve found anything still alive 

My mate said throw the lot and start again, which yes makes sense but I’ve kept going as an experiment, if I can kill them I know I’m safe, what’s the point in throwing them and starting again if somehow they don’t all die and come back and I’m in the same boat again. 

I gave the mites and nematodes 6/7 weeks and bought many more sachets and tunes to keep the supplies fresh and coming but made no difference. 

I never wanted to use any chemicals as well I’m against that in my outdoor garden and want to be here too especially as il be using these plants as my medicine. 

I literally only soaked the plants with Bug Clear ultra Yesterday and found love ones today on both the small plants that are 2 weeks into flower and the ones that are 4/5 weeks into flower. 

ive tried my best to spray under the leaves as well as on top, the main stalk soaked, the soil top soaked, the pots and the containers around the pots soaked .

and they still alive wtf ???

ive literally started seeds off up the house 4 days ago as I thought Shed be clear by now.

id throw everything today if I knew that that would fix it but this has been going on 8-10 weeks or longer now 

Id be applying a layer of horticultural sand and diatomaceous earth on top of that, sticky traps around base of plant.

This will wipe an awful lot if not them all out ime

2 people like this

11 minutes ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

Id be applying a layer of horticultural sand and diatomaceous earth on top of that, sticky traps around base of plant.

This will wipe an awful lot if not them all out ime

I forgot I had the sand and sticky traps too