Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

stillo

single DW. C. July

19 posts in this topic

Good Morning.

After having some fantastic advice with regards to DWC from these forums and its members, can I please ask a question with regard to chillers.

I am putting together a system as I wish to give DWC a go, I have purchased a single 19 L PwC, now I may or may not need a chiller at this time of year, but I wish to purchase one just to be on the safe side, I have recently bought a Dc300 chiller and I feel it may be a bit to bigfor my needs, can anyone tell me if I can still use this with a 19 L bucket. If not I can buy a larger bucket, but I only want to grow one plant at time and no more, I would much rather use the 19 L bucket, but I have no problem getting a larger one as long as it is for one plant only.

If this chiller is too big. Can anyone please recommend one that would be okay for my small 19 L system.

Have a great weekend.

Take care

still

Evening @stillo you could upgrade to a oxypot system which is about 70litre res you can grown a single plant 2or3 so give you the choice to do more of you changed your mind. I’ve just started in DWC myself only using this System with two in. 

Chiller you could go for a hailea 100a which would be more than capable of dealing with upto around 100 litres. I’m using the 150 version but I brought it second hand and it was cheap so thought why not. If I was buying brand new I would have gone for the smaller one less power, less noise,less heat given off. Plenty of choice really you could also make your own custom diy system just get a black storage container lots of sizes available drill some holes and off you go. :bong:

1 person likes this

or you could go to ikea and spend a tenner on a 60 litre tote . its called "sorterra".

much cheaper than the big oxypot.

the more nutrient you have, the more stable your ec and ph will be.

if you already have the 300 chiller , it will work fine, but keep it outside the tent if possible, because they create a fair bit of heat. if you havnt bought it yet a hc100 would be better.

Edited by badbillybob
1 person likes this

thank you very much for the very good ideas., I have an IKEA close to me so I will go take a look, but don't have to be black? Stop

take care

stillo

1 hour ago, Auto gorilla said:

Evening @stillo you could upgrade to a oxypot system which is about 70litre res you can grown a single plant 2or3 so give you the choice to do more of you changed your mind. I’ve just started in DWC myself only using this System with two in. 

Chiller you could go for a hailea 100a which would be more than capable of dealing with upto around 100 litres. I’m using the 150 version but I brought it second hand and it was cheap so thought why not. If I was buying brand new I would have gone for the smaller one less power, less noise,less heat given off. Plenty of choice really you could also make your own custom diy system just get a black storage container lots of sizes available drill some holes and off you go. :bong:

hi, have looked at the larger single Oxy pop system. Unfortunately my tent is only 0 .8 m so if I was to install anoxic potXL+ it would push the walls of the grow tent out by about 1 1/2 cm each side, but the wets that I would not be a problem, it's a shame as I would like to part this Oxy pop.

Do you think it would make any difference if it was to just slightly push the walls of the 10 out?

Take care

stillp

sorry just one more question, I have the just the 300 water chiller, but I have someone always interested in buying it. So I may purchase the smaller 100, but would the system be too small for that size of chiller. I thought the minimum water flow was 100 L if that's the case then a 70 L Oxy pop is too small of I got that wrong.

Take care

stillo

1 person likes this

use the 300 chiller if you already have it.

. It will chill UP TO 300 litres, but if you only have 60 litres it just means it wont be running all the time. set the temperature for 19 degrees celcius. 

and the white buckets are fine, ive used them for years, with  no issues.

Thank you Badfbillybod

and once again very grateful for your fantastic advice, believe it or not, I have sold the 300 to someone I know as I thoughtall it may be a little too big, but I shall by the 100 L version, I'm going to IKEA today to purchase the plastic bin. I have also just purchased from a local Tool shop, some thermawrap which is bubble wrap wrapped in silver foil looks quite good, half the price of what is on flea bay.

I have seen a post by someone who got something similar and wrapped it all the way around the bucket. It and fasten Velcro hook to one end and Velcro loop to the other and it's quite simple to take off when needed. Looks like a very good idea.just a quick question before I go, will I need two or four air stones in that 60 L tub?

Have a great day

take care

stillo

1 person likes this

If you haven’t purchased a air pump yet then check out the BubbleGen. Air pumps are noisy I believe this runs inline with your water pump. Looks pretty decent, be interesting to know if it affects ph as much as the air pumps do

my airpump doesn't affect ph at all.

I use 2 airstones per pot in the 60 litre ones, but I run them off a 60 litre per minute airpump to do 4 pots, so if you are just doing one pot , id recommend something like a 20 litre per minute one, but  the more the better. .

don't buy a compressor type pump, see if you can get a diaphragm one. I use a hailea aco9730, they also do a aco 9720, which is lower lpm, but I cant remember how much, probably 40. 

I just use the ball airstones, and replace them every couple of grows. 

hello Badbillybob , I trust your advice implicitly as you seem so knowledgeable I just want to ask one question again. I am only going to be running one pot, 60 L I can get. the hailea aco9730  and the hailea aco9720 for the same proce, the SCO 9720 just 35 L per minute, whereas the Aco9730 to 60 L per minute, as you say.

So if I purchase the ACO9720 with 35 L per minute output would that be good enough for the one 60 L pot.I don't intend ever to run any more than one part but if they ACO 9730 would be better than I would buy that one, and sorry for so many questions, but I want to get it right first time, and I believe you can give me the answers I need with your experience.

Take care

stillo

yes the 9720, the one at 35litres per minute will be perfect.

thank you very much, I have ordered one cannot wait to get going just need to let my buds dry in my tent for a further four days and then a good clean and get it set up for my first Hydro grow all with your help, which is highly appreciated.

Take care

stillo

1 person likes this

keep your airpump at a higher level than your dwc pot, to prevent possible back syphoning which will fuck your airpump.

good luck

Hello Badbillybob

I have some one way air vales  that i had when i had my fish tank so will use them. thanks for the tip.

Take care

stillo