Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

yabbah

Mars Hydro TS 1000 - Thoughts?

Hey Guys, still out here trying to decide on which grow light to get and i've come across both the mars hydro ts 1000 model and the sp 150 model.

Both seem like great value for money and really on the cusp of modern led technology.

considering either one of them for my 60 x 60 tent.

Linked below:

Just wondering are any of you guys currently growing with these lights or how they stack up against similar specced lights such as the Migro lights or @diyleduk?

Edited by Owderb
Links removed

Get a scope 150w from @diyleduk. Perfect for that size tent. Don't waste your money on the Mars. You get more satisfaction from a bar.

2 people like this

People get pretty judgemental when it comes to LED but I can confirm that even the cheap base Mars models can give great results.

I'll agree the Diyled equipment is great quality and I've seen some top grows done with them but it's all about the money and I've never had any,it took me 6 months to save up for one cheap Mars and took a while to have two. 

I grew some serious weed with them heres a quick pic of 140w mars hydro weed grown in compost - 

large.1563836422793_compress49.jpg

large.1563725467876_compress49.jpg

2 people like this

new mars units seem to be decent value for money to be fair to them now.

but for piece of mind and if any faults develop with them do you have to send them back to china for replacement or repair should anything go wrong with them your gonna loose best part of 3 months waiting ?

personally I would stick with diyleduk.com leds as his customer service is excellent and any problems I know 100% will be sorted asap and any down time will be minimal :yep:

1 person likes this

We have a side by side going with one and a Qb setup.

Search thebudgetgrower on instagram or youtube.

They are ok to be fair but still a bit behind current tech,

2 people like this

16 hours ago, 2Fat2EatThat said:

People get pretty judgemental when it comes to LED but I can confirm that even the cheap base Mars models can give great results.

I'll agree the Diyled equipment is great quality and I've seen some top grows done with them but it's all about the money and I've never had any,it took me 6 months to save up for one cheap Mars and took a while to have two. 

I grew some serious weed with them heres a quick pic of 140w mars hydro weed grown in compost - 

large.1563836422793_compress49.jpg

large.1563725467876_compress49.jpg

I hear ya man! those are some stunning buds! What kind of yield are you getting?

16 hours ago, Intense Nutrients Matt said:

new mars units seem to be decent value for money to be fair to them now.

but for piece of mind and if any faults develop with them do you have to send them back to china for replacement or repair should anything go wrong with them your gonna loose best part of 3 months waiting ?

personally I would stick with diyleduk.com leds as his customer service is excellent and any problems I know 100% will be sorted asap and any down time will be minimal :yep:

They seem to have come a long way alright! 

Thats also a very valid point. The whole thing would be fucked if that hapened. 

15 hours ago, diyleduk said:

We have a side by side going with one and a Qb setup.

Search thebudgetgrower on instagram or youtube.

They are ok to be fair but still a bit behind current tech,

Hey mate, thanks for the reply! Was wondering was it a bit bad of me to tag you in a post with competitors as i noticed the links are gone from the original post, but fair play for replying with such an honest answer.

Ill have a google of that fella now.

Just sent you a pm there

1 person likes this

@yabbah I was never really a yield junky even though I grew for meds as I enjoyed getting the best quality I could get and covered yield with plant numbers.

Regarding warranty issues Mars have a European base that do the warranty work in our small part of the globe.

I am in no way suggesting that Mars are the be all and end all because trust me if I had the money I would probably buy @diyleduk myself as I like their outlook,dedication to LED and obvious quality of product for everyone to see.

I stepped away from growing on very serious health grounds and nearly didnt make it (I've only been back a couple of months and been royally butt f*****f by thrips so dont bother checking my latest diaries lol

Shortly before that I had kindly been donated a Blackdogled 200w Phytomax2 by Balckdogled europe themselves and am just bringing that back into action now.

I'd like to add a new quality unit at some point thats for sure and think it would be good to do a full on direct comparison grow between top quality LED brands over a few grows and strains like a long term repeated test over 12 months to develop an average over the period rather than focus on one grow alone but will have to see how it spans out with family coming first financially obviously.

No matter what people say I'm 100% certain LED is the way forward so stick with it,do your research and go for it.

Here she is,say hello little black dog - 

large.20190918_102201_compress72.jpg

Edited by 2Fat2EatThat

Having dealt with mars hydro warranty twice it’s a joke ... ignore the lies they spew , yes the old blurpke grew weed but the blues blew after months. In their new marketing they now say “safer” and I have asked what it meant , they have not replied .. they put up a pic showing them melted though lol ... Mix advice is to buy off site sponsor where you can see his products used now for a year with no issues.  Let’s see mars try that lollol And these new lights use epistar and say they quantum design DESPITE several people explaining how misleading they are with that term ...

Edited by Arthur Mix
2 people like this

@Arthur Mix I dont dispute that people have issues but people have issues with everything and it's the people with issues that always shout loudest. I have two 4 year old cheap bottom base model Mars that are still working perfectly although I am extremely careful with lighting. 

I'm not saying they're the best or even the best choice I'm just saying if you only have £50 what else can you buy? and if that's your only choice then it works that's all,no biggy.

If I had the money I'd buy diyleduk but I still couldnt buy it now and no matter how hard I saved I never could because I've been existing on disabled benefits for 20yrs and even if I saved the money something more important will inevitably come up for my kids.

Money controls everything we do and choices revolve around that and that alone.

@yabbahsee what I mean mate lol

My actual advice in one simple sentence -  If you can afford it go for diyleduk if not then stick with LED within in your budget ok lol

Edited by 2Fat2EatThat
4 people like this

for your 60x60 tent,maybe Mars SP150 or TS600 is better,Mars have UK local repair centre already,not worry warranty issue,you can try it

I use ts2000w and so far so good-I haven't done a full grow cycle yet but i will take some photos when it happens

I've been using a ts1000w for veg for a couple of runs and love it.I also have qb's and the ts does a much better job than them in veg.They are exactly the same design wise as a qb,just boards are bigger with better spacing between the diodes in comparison to qb's.

Edited by j.a.g
adding