Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
captain sensible

PH values.

Posted (edited)

okay, hello everyone. my first post to coincide with my first grow. 

I am growing in Allmix and before getting started I checked the PH value of the Allmix.

1. using Allmix +distilled water gave me a reading of 5.5

2. Allmix +tap water (which I measured at 7), gave me a reading of 5.5 again.

according to my research so far, there is no need to adjust organic prepared soil PH levels as they are meant to adjust to nutrient take up by the plant of themselves. Is this correct given the results above or given the results (which I have checked about 3 times) should I up the PH? If so can the PH be increased using chemical additives to the water and if yes can this be added with any nutrients that are being added to the water or would this causes problems?

Any replies greatly appreciated.

thanks.

Edited by Owderb
Moved out of grow diaries forum

No need in soil dude, it buffers. 

2 people like this

Yup, you can just forget about ph if you are in soil.

1 person likes this

yep...no need.

i grew in soil for about 15yrs and never done it, i just started with this grow i'm doing now as I've changed to coco.

Posted (edited)

cheers folks, I really appreciate your answers, that clears things up a little. I came across a different thread regarding PH content and organic soil, although the soil in question was PM, but the grower highlighted the same problem. After contacting PM they told her that the PH value of their soil was in fact 5.5 as well. she is or was convinced that this was the reason she was experiencing problems regardless of the assurances from other members that it wasn't. I have emailed Biomix to see if they can enlighten me. obviously if there is ne need to adjust I will proceed with the shttp://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/374861-pm-soil-supreme-ph/oil and tap water and maybe some biomix nutrients after a few weeks on low doses.

Edited by captain sensible
To clarify.