Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Amnesia

Biobizz Fishmix formulation changed, Lower N & P?

18 posts in this topic

Good day all, just picked up some Biobizz Fishmix and noticed the packaging had changed, upon further inspection i noticed the NPK ratios have changed too. I still have the old bottle of Fishmix and the NPK on the old one is 6-2-4 but on the new stock its 5-1-4 so now its got lower Nitrogen and Phosphorus but contains the same amount of Potassium.

The old stuff was great stuff, is this new stock as good? I know several growers like @FARMER G use Fishmix and i'd be interested to hear opinions on this compared to the old stuff. After looking at the liquid in both bottles i notice the new one is also thinner, smells similar though. :puke:

Why do they change formulations when there was no issues :unsure:....................Of course!! they take it out then make us buy stuff that was previously in there! :wallbash:

I also know growers in the past had issues with Plant Magic Oldtimer Bloom, again the formulation was changed a few years ago.

medium.5d6006bca6e87_fishmixoldandnew.jp

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

FFS, I was just about to order a 5ltr but if they have been fucking around with it then I may change my nutes to another company, fucking typical, I love FM as is and know it well.

I think an email is in order :rolleyes:

e2a, Thanks @Amnesia for pointing this out mate :)

e2a, just emailed them so hopefully will find out is going on.

Edited by ratdog
1 person likes this

How old is your old bottle there mate?

Been using fishmix with most of the buibizz range for a while now as well, love the stuff :) 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I think its to do with different countries labeling Its something to do with the amount of N P or K instantly available to the plant.     or not lol

personally, I blame it on Brexit :yes:

Edited by Jimboo
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

here is an old yank version  4 0 3

BioBizz Fish-Mix Organic Plant Food 4-0-3 (5 Liter)

eta pic didnt want to post

Edited by Jimboo
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

If they break fixmix, I swear, I'm burning it all down. All of it. :pitchfork:

(also keen to know about the bottle on the left - how old?)

:skin_up:

Edited by j.o.i.n.t
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

lol It's ok peeps, I had a look at the last 5ltr I bought, I thought I had chucked it but it's still in the greenhouse, it's the 5-1-4 new one with new design and it's been fine, just as good as the old.

I wish I hadn't emailed them now, at least I was polite lol

e2a, while we are on the subject, how much are you paying for 5ltr? my local shop is £25 everywhere else I look is £32-£38 :ouch:

Edited by ratdog
2 people like this

The fishmix bottle on the left must be 5 years old, only dregs in there so not using that now. I wanted 5 litres of Fishmix from our sponsors @Gro-zone Hydro but they did not have the single 5 litre in stock so sold me 5x 1 liitre bottles for around £30 i think. I prefer the 1 litre bottles anyway because i can keep the others sealed and fresh. On a side note i do not see an expiry date anywhere?

I'm planning on giving this a go for my upcoming Bubblegummer grow, lets see how it goes.

I see some of you mention the new stuff is as good as the old but it must be weaker in Nitrogen and phosphorus, do you find you need to use more?

10 minutes ago, Amnesia said:

I see some of you mention the new stuff is as good as the old but it must be weaker in Nitrogen and phosphorus, do you find you need to use more?

Tbh I still have about 400ml left from what I decanted into squeezy bottle mate and I'm using it about the same as before so no complaints from me :)

3 people like this

do they taste the same???

3 people like this

I've not been paying attention to the npk but I can sure as shit tell the difference between batches. I've had some batches of fish mix that are super runny and smelled of molasses and some batches that are basically custard and smell fishy as hell. So don't know how consistent the manufacturing is but I'd guess not that consistent. 

Still. Good stuff generally. 

3 people like this

The only time it's runny is when it's warm weather, in the winter it's stodgy

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, ratdog said:

The only time it's runny is when it's warm weather, in the winter it's stodgy

Spot on, when i checked the new Fishmix i brought the other day i'd just got got it out of the car after being in there most the day and it was fairly warm. Just checked it again today, its been in a dark cool place and as you say its gone treacle like and thick consistency. :yep:

2 people like this

15 hours ago, Sargares said:

I've not been paying attention to the npk but I can sure as shit tell the difference between batches. I've had some batches of fish mix that are super runny and smelled of molasses and some batches that are basically custard and smell fishy as hell. So don't know how consistent the manufacturing is but I'd guess not that consistent. 

Still. Good stuff generally. 

I think that's the price of using natural ingredients. There's going to be much more batch variation than synthetic formulations. 

8 minutes ago, catweazle1 said:

I think that's the price of using natural ingredients. There's going to be much more batch variation than synthetic formulations. 

The thing about it being runny sometimes has been solved by @ratdog if its warm it does go runny and when cool its thick treacle like just like the old stuff as ratdog pointed out to me. I verified this because when i said in a previous comment it was more runny now the bottles had been stored in the boot of my car all day on a warm day. Since then they have been stored in a cool dark place and just checked again and its exactly the same as the old stuff, i have another botte of fishmix to compare which is around 5 years old.

The fomuation must of changed though because it is lower in N and P nowadays but seasoned growers are still using it and say its just as good as the old one. :yep:

3 people like this