Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

starfish

Starting seeds outside

18 posts in this topic

Can you start seeds outside or do they have to be started indoor iv found a plot I feel should be ideal but a lot of wildlife in the area deer rabbits hares etc I'm to late this season I know but next year I'm 100% giving gg a go

3 people like this

@Amarillo slim

is your man.....does most of his shit outdoors

made some really good outdoor grow boxes

2 people like this

Andomedian is spot on - For the last 2 seasons I’ve started them all outside using Amarillo Slims box method (thanks Slim) and it works brilliantly. I do my best to resist the urge though not to start them too early which is not easy when you watch some of the more experienced and/or enthusiastic growers on here planting out established plants early or mid April. Starting them outdoors last week April (if no frost is forecast) to 1st or 2nd week May gets best results for me

8 people like this

Cheers folks I have just had  read through and looks promising 

2 people like this

What would any one reccomend as a cheap beginners strain I know there's some good genes and company's out there but I just want something cheap and cheerful so if alls fails iv not lost a fortune 

2 hours ago, starfish said:

What would any one reccomend as a cheap beginners strain I know there's some good genes and company's out there but I just want something cheap and cheerful so if alls fails iv not lost a fortune 

Red purps - female seeds 

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, Jack010 said:

Red purps - female seeds 

I thought about trying some hfh stuff but iv never sexed a plant and don't want a male to ruin the plot

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, starfish said:

Get subs mate, free top drawer seeds with each one

I'm sure iv seen on here some one used either dutch or danish seeds that where cheap how do I find the sub beans 

1 person likes this

On 13/08/2019 at 8:49 PM, starfish said:

Can you start seeds outside or do they have to be started indoor iv found a plot I feel should be ideal but a lot of wildlife in the area deer rabbits hares etc I'm to late this season I know but next year I'm 100% giving gg a go

Start them on your windowsill mate and heighten your chances of success theres so much that can go wrong starting directly outside.:skin_up:

5 hours ago, starfish said:

I thought about trying some hfh stuff but iv never sexed a plant and don't want a male to ruin the plot

HFH makes some great plants mate dont let them being regs put you off growing them theres plenty of folk on here that can advise you on the difference between boys and girls if you can post a pic.:yep:

7 hours ago, Dr feelgood said:

HFH makes some great plants mate dont let them being regs put you off growing them theres plenty of folk on here that can advise you on the difference between boys and girls if you can post a pic.:yep:

Yeah a thought about that plus there cheap and my window sills arnt big enough hehe 

1 person likes this

large.IMG_20190813_0983.jpg

Canny stuff is cannabis. Threw a couple if seeds over my shoulder when having a joint into undug ground with a bit of compost on top. 

Probably safer with less losses depending on your plot starting in pots though? 

I'm having a year next year of direct sowing as other gardening commitments are already overwhelming at that time.

See how we get on 

10 people like this

large.IMG_4960.JPGlarge.IMG_4959.JPGlarge.IMG_4958.JPGlarge.IMG_4956.JPG

works a treat starting outside. 

7 people like this