Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

bearukc

Dyson cooling fan

21 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

large.IMG_2587.JPG

I bought one of these Dyson cooling fans this morning. The main reason was that my little dog was overheating yesterday and the poor little chap was suffering. I'd often wondered whether they would be useful for growing but the expense has always put me off. However when it comes to caring for my animals money is no object!

This is one of the cheaper ones (£250 ish) so it only cools and blows. The more expensive ones (up to £500) will also blow out heat.

I can see this spending more time in the growroom than cooling the dog! 

Edited by bearukc
forgot the pic!

Posted (edited)

Is it very powerful mate?, I was of the impression it was a bit of a gimmick like all the other dyson stuff.

a lot of dough too, I bought a pedestal fan yesterday for the same reason, 16" for £23, nice and quiet and powerful enough for my needs.

Edited by ratdog
4 people like this

3 minutes ago, ratdog said:

Is it very powerful mate?, I was of the impression it was a bit of a gimmick like all the other dyson stuff.

a lot of dough too, I bought a pedestal fan yesterday for the same reason, 16" for £23, nice and quiet and powerful enough for my needs.

I haven't got it out the box yet but the one in the shop was blowing OK. Probably the same as a 12 inch pedestal fan but it has the cooling element. The larger tower version (£500) has blowing a hooley!! Really quite powerful. I'll update when I've had a chance to try it out. :)

I've got a dyson mini vacuum and it's really good. Again, expensive but not a gimmick at all.

1 person likes this

Could you drop an update on how this works please mate? Iv been looking at a cheaper variant of this for a while I think Phillips somebody on here pointed me to them. They sound good but back of my mind says cold air my arse it's gonna be same as my £13 fan but prettier lol.

But they sound good so I hover over add to basket regular. And I have a few Dyson bits all of which work perfect if they did carbon filters I'd buy 1 haha.:pimp:

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

wrong pics

Edited by monster69

44 minutes ago, bearukc said:

but it has the cooling element.

Are you sure? Unless I'm very much mistaken it's just a very expensive fan. 

6 people like this

7 minutes ago, monkeypig said:

Are you sure? Unless I'm very much mistaken it's just a very expensive fan. 

There's nothing on amazon about the cooling element

Exactly @ratdog  To cool it has to put the heat somewhere. Why aircon units have a condenser outside.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

You're both right! No cooling. I was looking at the more expensive one which is larger and has cooling and just assumed this one did. I haven't unpacked it yet so I might have to go get an upgrade!

edit. I think I'll try it this afternoon and if it ain't no good then we'll go for the upgrade to cooling!

Edited by bearukc
plan b

@bearukc  I don't think any of them can cool. They are just fancy fans. At that price you could buy a real ac unit. (from about £400)

4 people like this

5 minutes ago, bearukc said:

You're both right! No cooling. I was looking at the more expensive one which is larger and has cooling and just assumed this one did. I haven't unpacked it yet so I might have to go get an upgrade!

edit. I think I'll try it this afternoon and if it ain't no good then we'll go for the upgrade to cooling!

Looking at the reviews mate, the cooling is just circulation, even with the more expensive ones, and the heating isn't that great.

one question answered

Where does the heat go when in cool mode?

The fan doesn't heat up in cool mode. But it is a bit misleading because it doesn't "cool" the air. It circulates at room temperature as virtually all fans do. I didn't think it heated all that well either. I sent it back, I could've bought 6 heaters for the price of this one. The only "cool" thing about it was the remote control. Dyson should be ashamed charging this price.

I would take it back mate, a lot of people saying it's a rip off.

1 person likes this

This range of Dyson does not have refrigerated cooling.

Good, yes

Overpriced, yes

Despite the lack of refrigerated cooling they are the best fans we’ve had.

Our local hospital has them everywhere and the maintenance on them is reported as non-existent and theirs are on all day and night for most of the year.

We have the heat and non heat type. Bought them second hand off gumtree.

I hate cleaning fan blades lol 

1 person likes this

I've just bought the mrs a 'stride sport' mobility scooter....

Fecking good job I never took the word 'sport' literally as some have interpreted the word 'cool' on these fans, I certainly never expected her to do the 100yd dash

Misleading branded advertising is what it is...:bad:

5 people like this

I have one of them blue oval Dyson fans and they are shit, The one I have the fan bit without the base is 14" and comes with a remote it has and 8 setting and also does heat. Think its about 2kw or something was about £300 when new (I never bought it I inherited it) It is noisy and unless its set just right it isn't  that good compared to the cheap £20 ish 16" floor standing ones we have in the living room and the bedrooms. Must say they do look nice but that's all the positives I can say about it.

1 person likes this

Well I ran it all afternoon and it did the job of keeping me and puppy comfortable, which is why I bought it. It's a tad quieter than a normal fan and gives less vibration and I like the remote control.

As far as moving air is concerned a pedestal fan would be just as good. 

3 people like this