Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Autojohn

Do you need Help with Gorilla glue/Stardawg Auto flowers??

23 posts in this topic

Hi.. 

I have been growing auto flowers for many years now, and sometimes you just need to express some of the tips you come across or talk about your grow or your little puppies. Lol..  Growing can be a bit of a solitary life and that's way I have joined UK420.. 

So if you need some advise please feel free to ask.. You never know I might have the answer.. 

Chat soon maybe

1 person likes this

hi i been doing autos in coco for years, but change to soil seem to be working better what are your thoughts on soil or coco for autos ,for my photo i stick with coco alway done well with the way i do things

Well they do say, don't fix what isn't broke lol .. The different between soil and coco is soil will retain water better ... But auto need less nutrients then a regular plant .. So i would stick to coco so you have control of the water feed..

1 person likes this

im guessing you have mainly grown the gg#4/stardawg from fastbud's? see alot of mixed reports and have grown them both with mixed results - but would'nt touch those particular autos from fastbuds again.. there gsc is the only thing to impress me upto now..

i never done great with fast buds ,dutch passion seem be good and seedman seeds auto are great

When you guys say "soil'  I am thinking you're talking some sort of compost you bought from B+Q ...or perhaps a gro shop ?

I understand what you are saying as I have found that Stardawg Autoflowers from fastbuds can be some what hard to grow, but like women you need to understand them lol .. And some can be right bitches lol .. 

Most grows are bepoke to the grower and what he/she likes and we all want an easy grow lol .. 

Not sure I'm on the same page regarding coco being easier.  In soil you don't have to mess around with PH or feed for weeks.  More beginner friendly IME.

1 person likes this

For bricktop66

It can be the luck of draw sometimes, but if you are looking for good value when you are buying your seeds.. It will pay to look around and shop..

But it when comes to good seeds. Sometimes it pay to learn how to work with the seed not expect the seed to do all the work .. 

For JJJ

Well that's not totally true.. Auto flowers need a lot less nutrients when veggy but you will need to increase when in flower.. You can't bet a controlled environment.. All growers MUST have control not the other way round.. 

All that hard work and just at the end is goes pet tong.. No thank you lol 

First Rule of any Grow ..

Grower must have control not the other way round

For CF

I bet they are talking about soil out of the garden lol 

11 minutes ago, Autojohn said:

Well that's not totally true

What's not totally true?

2 minutes ago, Autojohn said:

For CF

I bet they are talking about soil out of the garden lol 

This is the thing tho..

I'm.a little ignorant on autos and usually I see soil and grow in the same sentence and I pretty much know they're on about a bit of John innes or some random MP..

My lack of  knowledge has me thinking of the autos I have seen of my mates...and most of them are in the garden ...in the ground ...in that soil. So I nor altogether sure....see ?lol

1 person likes this

For JJ

Sorry what I mean to say is .. In soil you could have a variety of levels of say nutrients, phosphates, and so on .. Which long story short could kill or if not could reduce your yield .. 

Having coco in your pots give you control of the water feed and as you know the water feed is a main part to a successful grow..

1 person likes this