Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dodgee

Recommend me an entry level vape please

32 posts in this topic

Well as is usual of late option fatigue is getting me down.

I've managed to quit baccy all together and am vaping 20mg nic salts through a Nord Smok which is great.

But I'm still bonging neat green and I wanna leave combustion behind now, it's 2019 ffs dodgee!!

Anyways after a couple weeks looking I've pretty much decided to buy a Sapphire by storm.

Basically because it's 3in1 so I can vape concentrates as well as bud (this is a deal breaker whatever I buy has to be a 3in1)

And secondly because it's in my price range (ie cheap).

So Friday I'm gonna push the button...

Unless there's a better option for the money??

So yeah can anyone recommend a 3in1 vape for 60quid or less which will out perform the sapphire???

Thanx in advance.

Dodge :yinyang:

4 people like this

I reckon you've already made the best decision economy wise. A worthy mention is a Dynavap but that may be more dicking around than you want. It is however the closest thing to enjoying a bifta mind you...

4 people like this

28 minutes ago, Dodgee said:

But I'm still bonging neat green and I wanna leave combustion behind now, it's 2019 ffs dodgee!!

I am interested in these replies too. I do love my bong though and would find it hard to leave behind. Love the me vs thumper cone battles. 

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, ROCKSTEADY6 said:

I am interested in these replies too. I do love my bong though and would find it hard to leave behind. Love the me vs thumper cone battles. 

This is why I'm ordering the water pipe adaptor too...

the idea of actually throwing the pipe away is too much even for the new me lol

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I've read that bongs are not that far behind vapes in terms of reducing carcinogen intake due to the water filtration, will try and find the article for you.

Edit: 

https://www.canorml.org/vaporizors/norml-maps-study-shows-vaporizers-reduce-toxins-in-marijuana-smoke/

This is the study I was on about apart from when I read it last it was formatted with information on how much tar etc was measured, now it just says flat out vapes are better, I won't argue that fact as I'm in the same boat as you @Dodgee looking for a decent portable as I like to hit a bubbler pipe so looking for something similar.

I tried a mates portable, forgot the name because it was shit basically, he said he got it for 60 knocked down from 120. Absolutely no poke on it.

Edited by Exhale
Added stuff
1 person likes this

I have a sapphire and its pretty fekin awesome! I'm a total newb to vapes, so I have no comparison, but I'm very happy with it anyway! :D

There is a thread somewhere on the boards - one of the posts mentions that using uk420 in the code box gets a nice price reduction too... Damned that I never thought of trying that!!

:v:

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

2nd the sapphire ..doozy ..i did a thread on it ..cracking through a water pipe as well .

e2a link 

Edited by vince noir rock n roll star
4 people like this

If a £50 note is all you want to spend then I'd have to recommend the Dynavap M. You'll still use it in years to come when all the others have gone to the recycling centre. I spent 3x that on the titanium version a few years ago. Still one of the better purchases I've made over the years :v:

2 people like this

There's a few butane vapes in that price range

Vapman, Vapocane, Vaporgenie, Vaponic, Dreamwood dlx, Dynavap Vapcap ....

Everyone needs at least one Vapcap imo   

2 people like this

Thanks for the responses guys.

I had a look at the dynavap and I'll probably get one at some point but for now I'm getting more and more sold on the sapphire tbh.

The butane types like the dynavap be nice for a drag when the kids not around but I think the sapphire be a bit less suss around the baby like.

Nice 1 guys

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

I have the Storm Spirit @Dodgee , it's a cracking little vape, the sapphire looks to be pretty much the same apart from lacking the LCD screen and fine controls.

I recommended the Spirits (or Sapphire probably) bong adapter too that vapefiend sells (not the plastic tube ones from fleabay, vapefiends are quality.), I whack it up to 220c and get nice thick tasty clouds trough the bong from it.

ETA: agree hold off on the Dynavap, I got one about a month ago, and while I love it now I am use to it I don't think it should be recommended as a "first time vape", there is a big learning curve in using it properly that would've definitely put me off if it was my first vape, the ease of use and temp control on an electric vape is far better introduction to vaping imo. Saying that though once the technique is down you can get a lovely big hit from them, great in the bong too. A fun addition to the vaping arsenal for sure.

Edited by iBMe
2 people like this

First vape I bought was some basic thing with a heating element sticking up with a small dish. A coffee jar type thing screwed onto the plastic frame. It was one of the first out in the UK around 1991 ish. No temp control, just an on off switch. It was amazing as I first used it with some leftover leaf. The kind of leaf that would taste like shit in a joint tasted sweet as the resin heated up and vaporised. Ended up giving away to a mate with cancer. That and a bag of left over shitty leaf allowed him to be able to smoke after having been sliced open and insides dragged out. He could not smoke tobacco joints. Not saying it was the vaporiser that saved him but cannabis 100% gave him a fighting chance.

Hell, your all likely wondering if he made it? Yup. Cancer never cured him of being an asshole though. Never got my vaporiser back. :)

From that first UK made vaporiser things have come on a lot. I've sent back a lot of vapes over the years. I've had the oil vape pens, the dry herb vape pens and one 'three in one' that was so tiny that you were lucky to actually grab more than ten tokes out of it. I did try that expensive German vape with the bags (Volcano!) but who wants to spent more than a weeks wages on a device that is pretty much anchored down to your home? Too many parts on it that cost a fortune. Plus, when you see someone huffing on what looks like an inflated condom, I'm guessing a policeman or woman would have to arrest you just for being ultra obvious.

Yes they have a portable one but for the price I could be laid up in Amsterdam, smoking some fine hash and window shopping in the Red Light.

But there is vaping, as in heating up your product without flames and there are vapes for consuming e-liquid which is cannabis extract and either PG and its variants PG12, PG13 OR the newer terp mixes that you mix your extracts with.

I have used lots of basic vape pens looking to be able to use them for vaping cannabis. Almost every normal e-cig pen fails when you use cannabis extract. Some last a few months (Evod) but they tend to leak in the end.

I'll look at some of the products mentioned here. Cannabis e-cigs are ideal for gigs and theatres.

2 people like this

I've had a storm spirit for nearly 2 years. Cracking vape, I just can't convert to vaping fully though lol. I really like my bongs and joints, something about the taste and the quicker hit I think. I can't compare the spirit to anything but it does the job good from what it seems.

2 people like this

After reading this I just bought a dynavap m 2019 for £55 with the code 420 on vapefiend, had most over the last three years arizer,pax etc settled on a mighty two years ago and it’s still rocking on getting used every day, expensive but a good tool 

1 person likes this

My little brother tried to convince me to get a pax but it's a bit more than I can spend at the moment.

I'm tempted to make some oil/eliquid to try in the Nord but I should buy some spare pods first.

I'm using the sub ohm coil at the moment, am I right in saying I should use the same one for canna e-liquid?

Or do I switch to the 1.6 ohm MTL coil?

Or am I better of just sticking with the sapphire for weed and the Nord for nicotine??

Sorry for all the Q's folks but I'm on a learning curve here..

I'll order the glass bong attachment from @vapefiend at the same time and the hash capsule too as with the discount count it still comes in at less than 70ish quid. Good shout @iBMe I didn't notice the eBay ones were plastic till you said.

Really though the bong needs to go away for special occasions.  

I've become far to partial again! lol

Thanks again for your input everyone :yep:

:yinyang: