Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lewg91

Cuttings problem please help!

I have taken 24 cuttings on 2 separate occasions and they are all just dying. First run I used root riots followed the guide on here to a tee all wilted and drooped went In the bin. Taken 8 more 4 days ago followed to guide using jiffy pellets and they have all drooped again. They’re in a heated prop all temps and humidity seem to be fine can’t understand what’s going on. The cutting it critical+2.0 mothers are healthy plants. 

Just now, Lewg91 said:

Taken 8 more 4 days ago followed to guide using jiffy pellets and they have all drooped again

There's something seriously wrong if they are wilting mate, you sure the prop ain't cooking them?

Just now, ratdog said:

There's something seriously wrong if they are wilting mate, you sure the prop ain't cooking them?

I’m not 100% sure pal I’ll be honest I’ve taken cuts before with near 100% success can’t get my head round it this time. May take some more and not have the prop switched on see if that works. Thanks for advice pal. 

2 people like this

Just now, Lewg91 said:

I’m not 100% sure pal I’ll be honest I’ve taken cuts before with near 100% success can’t get my head round it this time. May take some more and not have the prop switched on see if that works. Thanks for advice pal. 

No worries, I have just taken some today, it's 23+ in my living room, so I think they will be ok in a plastic bag near the window.

good luck with the next lot mate.

2 people like this

Just now, Lewg91 said:

and not have the prop switched on see if that works.

So do you mean you have a heated prop. If so there's your problem. This time of year there should be no need for any heat supplement. Your light will give all the heat you need

Owd

7 people like this

Just now, Owderb said:

So do you mean you have a heated prop. If so there's your problem. This time of year there should be no need for any heat supplement. Your light will give all the heat you need

Owd

Yeah pal. Will take some more and turn the thing off hopefully with better luck 

You should do OK unheated. If you're using root riot/rootit blocks make sure there's not saturated. I use an unheated prop under a 240cfl. I give them a foliar spray in the mornings with a bit of weak root stim solution - not sure if it makes much difference but I do it anyway!

Let us know how you got on.

Hi Mate,

You don't mention using any rooting compound.  Have you dipped them before trying to grow?  I am sure there are probably *some* people who can probably manage without it, but this is what I do:  Take the cuts in the usual way, dip them into Clonex.  I then use Rockwool blocks rather than Root Riot.

At the base of the stem, air & potentially bacteria can get in, so I then use a liquid rooting gel (in a squeezy bottle) to seal around the base of the stem. This stops bugs getting in. (A bit like using silicone sealant on a DIY job.)  This secondary liquid rooting gel often causes roots to be visible above the block as the cutting is bombarded with hormonal stimulation!  Even then, occasionally I will get a non-starter - but most of the time it is 100% success.  

Good luck mate.

2 people like this

4 hours ago, Lancaster8 said:

Hi Mate,

You don't mention using any rooting compound.  Have you dipped them before trying to grow?  I am sure there are probably *some* people who can probably manage without it, but this is what I do:  Take the cuts in the usual way, dip them into Clonex.  I then use Rockwool blocks rather than Root Riot.

At the base of the stem, air & potentially bacteria can get in, so I then use a liquid rooting gel (in a squeezy bottle) to seal around the base of the stem. This stops bugs getting in. (A bit like using silicone sealant on a DIY job.)  This secondary liquid rooting gel often causes roots to be visible above the block as the cutting is bombarded with hormonal stimulation!  Even then, occasionally I will get a non-starter - but most of the time it is 100% success.  

Good luck mate.

Yeah pal I use clonex but nothing else. I do think it’s because I’ve had the heated prop on and just fired them. Thanks for the reply mate 

2 people like this