Wood vinegar.

Punta Roja

I've been reading up on Wood vinegar, I'll give it a go with my Biochar this year.

IMG_7588.jpg

What is wood vinegar used for?

Wood vinegar is a product of fast ablative pyrolysis of wood.
It contains more than 200 chemicals, such as acetic acid, formaldehyde, methanol, etc.
Wood vinegar improves soil quality, eliminates pests and controls plant growth.
It accelerates the growth of roots, stems, tubers, leaves, flowers and fruits.

Anyone tried it?

ATB

PR
  • Like 5

Not used it mate ,  but 200 chemicals and from the brief listing ..no thanks. ,  each to their own ,  im more of a less is more guy hence the hayand even then only if its not been chemically treated.   

I will be watching with interest though and wish you the very best with it sir.    

Poss worth speaking to @BilgePump regarding this 👍

• Like 3

@OldFord

It's organic mate.

IMG_7590.jpg

Wood vinegar or pyroligneous acid is an excellent organic pesticide and fertiliser that improves plant and soil quality. It is a liquid generated from the gas and combustion of fresh wood when burnt in an airless condition.

• Like 4

looks like you might have found a great control for red spider mites, personally i'd be using on just one plant until i felt it was totally safe for them, only because i've never heard of it!

• Like 5

Is it safe for all the beneficial stuff? You wouldn't want all the helpful critters dead as well. 

• Like 2

I am following along eager for this @Punta Roja Love to see got to get on, fucking hate aphids and love a new arrow for the bow brother!! :thumsup: 

big love stig

• Like 2

Wood vinegar confuses ol' Bilge.

Part of the makeup of the compound that is Pyroligneous acid is ascetic acid/actual vinegar.....

Evergreen garden care have recently replaced the glyphosate in roundup with.... Ascetic acid.

:unsure:

I shall be quizzing the Miracle Gro rep in depth as soon as possible though, quite enjoy watching him squirm.

:yinyang:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BilgePump said:

Wood vinegar confuses ol' Bilge.

Part of the makeup of the compound that is Pyroligneous acid is ascetic acid/actual vinegar.....

Evergreen garden care have recently replaced the glyphosate in roundup with.... Ascetic acid.

:unsure:

I shall be quizzing the Miracle Gro rep in depth as soon as possible though, quite enjoy watching him squirm.

:yinyang:

@BilgePump I love that lol 

making the rep squirm bet that happens a lot when you quiz the reps:rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Punta Roja said:

Definitely need a bit more than that to convince this brain of mine but if this is the case I'm very interested. 

• Like 3