Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ROCKSTEADY6

Nutrient advice for Autos

39 posts in this topic

@blackpoolbouncer please could I ask a couple of questions about the blumats. I am using 11ltr pots, although planning on the orange buckets for next grow as every time I go into b and q where they're outside the entrance by the hundred they taunt me for not using them this time hehe.

How many drippers do you put in each bucket ?

my tent is only 1.2 x 1.2 so I really have to move them to lst etc. ... would that mean blumats just wouldnt be feasible ? Actually ... looking at them now ... Could I not put a valve in near the tank so I can turn off the water and then connect the ones in each pot together and then into a single pipe which joined with the one from the tank. Then I could just disconnect the one pipe to move the plants and leave the drippers in situ ... 

I have biobizz nutes at the moment so I would need to move over to the ones you use because the organic ones would clog the pipes ... thats right isnt it ?

Is it just a case of mixing up a batch of water and putting it in the tank and then replenishing it as required ?

Thanks very much for any help. I've read so much of your stuff and its one of the things that gave me the confidence to give it a go ... well that and a new gf that smokes like a power station worth of chimneys hehe. :)

Edited by southerngardner
2 people like this

6 hours ago, southerngardner said:

@blackpoolbouncer please could I ask a couple of questions about the blumats. I am using 11ltr pots, although planning on the orange buckets for next grow as every time I go into b and q where they're outside the entrance by the hundred they taunt me for not using them this time hehe.

How many drippers do you put in each bucket ?

my tent is only 1.2 x 1.2 so I really have to move them to lst etc. ... would that mean blumats just wouldnt be feasible ?

Thanks very much for any help. I've read so much of your stuff and its one of the things that gave me the confidence to give it a go ... well that and a new gf that smokes like a power station worth of chimneys hehe.

1 per bucket will be fine mate, if you need to move them about you can always take the carrot out and pop it in a glass of water till your done with your training and pop it back in the soil when you put your girls back in the tent.

Honestly, getting this system dialed in was the best thing I ever did. Saved me so much time and the plants love it. 

Yep. The biobizz will clog the pipes. 

It really is as easy as pop your water in a res with a circulating pump. Add a cap full of nutes (canna conveniently makes the bottle with a measuring chamber at the top) 

And walk away. 

I check the floor every few days just to check a no drippers are releasing too much. Easy 

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
3 people like this

Thanks for that  BB.

When you say circulating pump could you give me a hint as to what you mean please. When I look online there are lots of expensive pumps for the blumat. 

Or am I being thick and you mean a pump for keeping the tank water circulating within it so it isn't 'standing water' if you get my drift, and the blumat still work on gravity ?

Cheers...

1 hour ago, southerngardner said:

Thanks for that  BB.

When you say circulating pump could you give me a hint as to what you mean please. When I look online there are lots of expensive pumps for the blumat. 

Or am I being thick and you mean a pump for keeping the tank water circulating within it so it isn't 'standing water' if you get my drift, and the blumat still work on gravity ?

Cheers...

That's it. The blumats run on gravity, so res needs to be iirc 50cm above the drippers. 

The recirc pump is just any cheap small fish tank type pump just to keep the water moving and oxygenated. 

As a fail safe I made the the outlet for the drippers just above the height of which the pump intakes from so that if I ever forgot to top up the res then there is no chance of the pump running dry. 

The only thing with removing the carrots is you will upset the contact they have with the soil and may upset the settings. For example, if you put the carrot back in it may start dripping because it hasn't got the same water pressure acting against the ceramic cone as it did when it was taken out.

It will all become apparent and they really are pretty easy to deal with. 

To set my levels I watered the pots, left them a day and then put my blumats in and adjusted to that moisture level. 

I found that when they are in full swing a mildy moist top of the soil was just right. 

If the spil was piss wet through on top it meant a dropper was getting away with itself. They'd sometimes do and need just dialing back one notch. 

Like I said. All this will make sense when they are in from of you and working.

Good luck mate. Give us a shout when your up and running. 

As far as I know I haven't seen anyone else growing using this method yet other than me and I really do think it's the way forward for non organic soil growers and people with time constraints that don't have time to hand water or have immovable plants that are in a scrog. 

4 people like this

2 hours ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

As far as I know I haven't seen anyone else growing using this method yet

There's a few old diaries about using Blumats, I used them myself early in my career... starting with this grow...

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/349502-critical-jack-auto-chronic-ryder-auto-in-coco-airpots/&page=3#comment-4061371

and 2 or 3 more grows after that. 

They were great, but I stopped using them as I was growing multiple strains that needed individually tailored feeds. bah!

1 person likes this

@blackpoolbouncer I am going to give these a go, done some research, and it looks good..... you have 1 carrot per pot... do you have just one dripper off that or do you have several spaced around the pot ? I would think that 2 or 4, which apparently a single carrot can support, would give a more even watering ? Or just 2 carrots to cover the pot and no extra drippers ?

just trying to figure out what to buy...

I figure all I'll have to do is disconnect the carrot feed to remove the pot and leave it all in situ. Would I be right in saying I would need to bleed them every time I reconnected them ? I saw a video where it showed bleeding them until there was a drop starting to hang from the pipe ... would that be right in your experience.

Sorry to be all questions, but this is all soooo new ... Thanks again :)

Glad I read the whole thread and not just the last post, I thought @blackpoolbouncer had finally lost the plot and was growing fecking carrots...doh!!  :doh:

default_rofl.gifdefault_rofl.gif
Edited by stu914
4 people like this

Best carrots ever lol.

1 person likes this

Sorry to juat jump in randomley but i just nees to ask the question ha

Im currently on week 5 on my 8 Autos and im feeding them PM old timers bloom.  Question is can i between feeds feed them some Liquid Seaweed extraxt?  Iv herd its good for them but dont want to mess things up!  

Any oppinions and guidance is much appreciated 

Thanks 420 

On 7/11/2019 at 8:16 AM, blackpoolbouncer said:

@Arshlay I wouldn't recommend the plant magic of grow and bloom anymore because the formula changed. I just think there's better nutrients in the market.

Hey, what soil would you recommend for auto's? Thanks

1 hour ago, gandras said:

PLANT MAGIC PLUS Supreme

BIOBIZZ LIGHT MIX

i use thes e for them with no issues so far 

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, gandras said:

Clover multi purpose if you can get it 

1 person likes this

Hey @blackpoolbouncer

Have you used the canna nutrients Bio or just the canna terra ?..

I assume the Bio can be used in soil without flushing?

If using the canna terra is it a good idea to flush?

Edited by NuVista

On 11/07/2019 at 10:49 AM, blackpoolbouncer said:

The standard line, I use it through blumat drippers which is why I don't use anything organic anymore because they microbore pipe blocks.

I haven't used the bioline so can't really comment on it but if I was going back to handwatering that would be where I'd look

Just spotted this after a re read of the thread 

I assume the bioline is just as effective??..anyone tried it??

5 hours ago, NuVista said:

Just spotted this after a re read of the thread 

I assume the bioline is just as effective??..anyone tried it??

Can't comment mate, as I said, I haven't tried it. 

You shouldn't be flushing soil anyway mate unless you drastically fuck up like pouring in 10x strength nutes or something daft. 

I've never flushed a pot of soil yet mucka.