Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
michaeldbc

Light baffle

Ok was after a new veg tent but turns out iv got a cupboard of pretty much exact dimensions I want and it has external venting..

Problem being the vent on the outside of the property will be very much visible with the purple light.

My plan is to just box over the vent and stick a little 4" can fan in there with ducting coming out into the room.

Will that be enough or will I need to make some sort of baffle? Thanks in advance 

Cover it over with cooker hood filter material, you might have to double it up to kill all the light...Robert Dyas stocks it, about ten quid...:yep:

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The pre filter stuff you mean like in Hoover's and stuff?

Iv got a few big sheets of that green stuff you get on the back of cheapo dish sponges do you Think that would stop the light? Il still box it up aswell 

600watt mh so very purple lol

Edited by michaeldbc

43 minutes ago, michaeldbc said:

Think that would stop the light

Not sure about the green stuff, the one I use (as above) has two sheets, one black one white and I use both, cuts the light out completely without affecting air flow too much.

Just now, stu914 said:

Not sure about the green stuff, the one I use (as above) has two sheets, one black one white and I use both, cuts the light out completely without affecting air flow too much.

Il see what I can do with it tomorrow mate cheers got some time so il get it going daft o clock in the morning and check from the outside hopefully no purple aim here sign lol

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Dark room vents I fitted one the other day in a dark room.lolStrangely enough.

Im thinking about putting one on my door to get more heat in my space during the winter.

Edited by icki
2 people like this