Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sparrowman

Newbie with Dinafem CK auto

Hi all, decided to start growing a few Dinafem CK autos in my garden amongst some tomato plants. Have a couple of questions hoping someone can help me.

Firstly, my seeds have been germinating in some water and are starting to show sprouts. I've got some allmix in 5" (1 litre) pots but am slightly worried this is too big.

Secondly when the plants get bigger I'd like to stick them inside a small (4x2) greenhouse - one of the cheaper ones not glass. This is purely so a casual glance won't reveal what they are if a neighbour looks over. Are there any drawbacks to this approach e.g. increased humidity?

Super excited to get this going, thanks to anyone who answers!

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, sparrowman said:

Hi all, decided to start growing a few Dinafem CK autos in my garden amongst some tomato plants. Have a couple of questions hoping someone can help me.

Firstly, my seeds have been germinating in some water and are starting to show sprouts. I've got some allmix in 5" (1 litre) pots but am slightly worried this is too big.

Secondly when the plants get bigger I'd like to stick them inside a small (4x2) greenhouse - one of the cheaper ones not glass. This is purely so a casual glance won't reveal what they are if a neighbour looks over. Are there any drawbacks to this approach e.g. increased humidity?

Super excited to get this going, thanks to anyone who answers!

You can start an auto in its final pot if you want, after a week or two they will need to be put into their final pot anyway. As for the greenhouse, not 100% sure as I've only ever grown under glass and it wasn't an auto, ended up with some budrot (mold) towards the end. I think with an auto it should be okay since they finish much quicker, as long as we get a nice summer humidity won't be an issue. You can always get a cheap humidity monitor, I know from growing indoors you don't want humidity to go over 60% for long periods of time or you can get mold issues.

2 people like this

Help! My seeds showed themselves Monday/Tuesday, few days along and they're looking a bit unhealthy. Can anyone help suggest what I can do to help them? I've been trying to avoid overwatering and moving them to direct sunlight when possible.

large.IMG_20190609_092241.jpglarge.IMG_20190609_092238.jpg

As you can see in the first picture some of the stems are long and spindly and the plants are starting to droop. I've propped up the worst offender and am thinking of burying the stems a bit deeper (adding more compost)

1 person likes this

Gave them some water and they seem to have perked up, but I still think the stems are quite long any thoughts?

21 minutes ago, sparrowman said:

Gave them some water and they seem to have perked up, but I still think the stems are quite long any thoughts?

I reckon you were spot on with your idea.  Add more compost and prop them up with a little stick and they should be fine.  Might be worth starting in a gentler soil next time.  It works for some strains but Allmix is generally used when potting up once the plant is a bit more established.

Makes sense, I'll look for something a bit lighter for my future batches :)

You not using a fan and filter and have a neighbor? 

Worrying they may see something may be the least of your problems as the weeks go on

I'm putting some rosemary, basil, lavender anda few other bits around, plus will try using ona gel when things start smelling a bit more

On 10/06/2019 at 10:06 PM, sparrowman said:

I'm putting some rosemary, basil, lavender anda few other bits around, plus will try using ona gel when things start smelling a bit more

Your kidding?. Seriously a very bad idea. Some garden herbs and a ona block ain't gonna touch it. If you have a neighbor or two I hope there cool for your sake 

Also to add, the police ain't the only bad guys you wanna worry about 

Wouldn't that depend on number / size of plants relative to everything else? I'm not talking half a dozen six foot plants here

No, one plant big or small can stink your street out. This is no exaggeration. 

OK thanks for letting me know :) To be honest, this is kind of an experiment, so if the smell gets bad i'll have to chop it and think about a grow indoors (with extractor, carbon filter etc..). We've got high walls and it's quite secluded, but i'll keep a very close eye (nose?) on it because the last thing I want is to get done for a few plants in the garden