Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
leng

whats the best system to go with

hi guys :yinyang:

im looking for a hydro system i can leave for a weekish without filling up the res

im currently top feeding coco with some star dawg and strawberry haze but as my circumstances have changed i cant get to my groom as much as id like these days so need to switch it up a little

any feedback is much appreciated

The safest would be a wick system, no pumps to break down etc...I've never used one but I reckon you should be able to rig up something using coco...

Sure to be someone along soon with more knowledge...good luck bud...:yep:

1 person likes this

Autopots?  I’ve been away a week no problem with them. In coco and easy maintenance on the valves.  Great for a lazy grower like me :bong:

Rta, im sure iv said its the best thing sinse bread, once or twice, lol 

DJ...

@*DJ*sorry for my dumbness but wtf is a rta lol iv been stuck in my ways and offline for a good few years so youl have to bare with us to get back up to speed man :yinyang:

@stu914and @gonge

iv used auto pots in the past and absolutley loved the growth and ease of the system

it was just the flush i struggled with other than that i was well happy with them

any knowledge on this subject would be great as i still have the system knocking about somewhere

:yinyang:

2 people like this

@leng aye av wondered a wee bit about the flush. Seems to be fine but do yellow quite a bit at end.. I usually 7 days flush but sure 5-7 would do in coco.  Have actually thought about switching system off last week and doing hand watered flush from top,  no clue if it make a difference.al try it this time as 3 weeks in flower now. See how they react? I guess I should really  read coco flushing section on this magnificent site first hehe :bong: gonge. 

I would be considering other methods if you want to leave it for a week. Hydro is very full on and you must be diligent with everything... Yes you can use flood and drain into a res for example and recirculate that a good week or 2 no worries before having to change the reservoir, but if your PH stopped swinging upwards, the EC started to rise and you are not there to correct it - it could start to cause some alarming problems for you. I would say every 3/4 days would be the limits you would want to be checking on them - but it is subjective, you could have everything automated, but I have learnt over the years -its not good to rely on automated systems and electricity for 100% of your grow, but that is just my opinion learning the hard way ;)

Hydro and coir does not need a long flush either compared to say soil, solution is consumed so quickly at the time of feeding. I have found a declining fade is the best way and the last couple of feeds with plain water.

1 person likes this

@gongeits getting the nutes out of the plant that i struggled with

ec never really goes over 1.4 and even after 3 weeks flush with plain water i still struggled :wallbash:

leaves went yellow towards the end and that to me is theres hardly any food left in the plant therefore your not smoking it when you chop

did my head in

@InTheSystemi know what your saying about things going wrong

but theres got to be a way around it

might just stick with coco on a automated feed system

:yinyang: