Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Robroy121

50 day Auto

Hi, 

I have 3 Emerald triangle blueberry headbands, 50 days and still just preflowers.

I have another variety 1 week behind now 1 week in bud. 

The headbands are 29"high and 20"wide, great condition just not showing any signs of budding yet. 

I don't really want to go 12/12 as my other plant is in bud now.. 

Should I just wait it out or gamble on 12/12 for a few days..? 

Currently running 18/6 

Also read that lolly popping lower leaves might jump start them into bud.. 

Appreciate any advice. 

Thanks guys. 

Posted (edited)

I personally think 12/12 as no impact on making an autoflower flower, they are time dependent not light but some people say 12/12 will. I just think some autos just take longer maybe due to the strain being Sativa dom. I would leave for a week then try, could be that theres been a mix up or just poor breeding so the 12/12 will work.

How long have they been in preflower?

Edited by nudger36
1 person likes this

There are a heck of a lot of autos around that take a heck of a lot longer than the breeders claim, 10 even 11 weeks isn't uncommon these days.  You could crop a short-vegged photo in that time.

In the early days autos were indeed significantly faster than photos but the quality wasn't there, now they have improved they have also tended towards taking longer.

Buddha's Tree do an organic nute called Flower Burst which accelerates the transition from veg to flower stage, I don't know if it works or if it works on autos when obviously not intended for them but I've got 4 autos on the go and am planning on resorting to this stuff or something similar should mine end up being slow.

We are constantly bombarded with new wonderstrains, isn't it time we started telling the breeders what we actually wanted?

Note To Sherbinski 1: plants with pistils that all turn bright blue on the day they reach optimum ripeness.

Note to Sherbinski 2: autos that are fast and a decent smoke too.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Yep, gone are the days of the 60 day Lowryder or Mossy Jem, im sure the odd plant will still do it but recently have had autos from Fastbuds take 100+, average  is 75 - 80  imo.

Edited by nudger36
1 person likes this

You can control their cycle a bit better with adequate feeding. I'd always aim at taking them between 11 and 12 weeks from the end of germination so around the 100 day mark from seed. The last few seasons outdoors in Spain I ran nothing but auto's as I could pull in more crops a year and they weren't affected on my terrace in the city by too much light pollution. 

2 people like this