Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Medicated

Chop or Not to Chop - that is the question :P

52 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

OK, so getting very close now, a few days ago i cut off a few of the popcorn buds from the very bottom, dried them (these things are tiny) and just had one for breakfast... Sitting here right now with the biggest grin... 

Still got lots of new pestles growing so I thinks shes still got another 7 - 10 days to go. Will put a pic up later....

Shes goona be one fine smoke, AK47 is definitely a heady creeper, im sitting here veging now :P

Edited by Medicated
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hi All.

So just looked at one of the sugar leaves from the top nug, under 120x scope you can see the inner heads of the trikes are going golden brown even though at 60x most look cloudy, Time to Chop?!

Lemmy get you a pic

large.5ce05250d1ce9_WhatsAppImage2019-05-18at19_33_41.jpeg

Edited by Medicated
1 person likes this

@Salty @Sasquatch - Getting a lil worried that im over cooking her, you think todays the day?

Nae yet mate......pics not great but looks like she has a wee bit to go imo.

Just a wee bit more......nearly there

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Salty said:

Nae yet mate......pics not great but looks like she has a wee bit to go imo.

Just a wee bit more......nearly there

Thanks Mate, Sorry to mention you, thanks for your reply!

Got a bit worried seeing the trikes changing color through the scope, want this to be heady not couch locking :) She is an Sativa after all!

Recon another 3-5 days or longer?

I would check her in a week or so and take it from there. If yer startin to see amber trichs she's nae far away now.

1 person likes this

I might be in the minority on this but I reckon she's just about croppable now. The rest of the pistils will ripen up in the few days after cropping, risk knocking off a few trichs and have a close look at a  nug and make sure there are fattened buds behind those pistils. Then snip some anyway and flash dry it in a cooling oven if you haven't already done that since you're being impatient as fuck. lol

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Salty said:

I would check her in a week or so and take it from there. If yer startin to see amber trichs she's nae far away now.

Ok mate - will try and get a descent pic up in a bit, deffo lots of amber in many of the tricks on the highest bud (did not check elsewhere yet) , I have not experienced how long it takes to go from a little amber in the heads to all amber - hours days etc, hence why all the questions.

1 hour ago, Sasquatch said:

I might be in the minority on this but I reckon she's just about croppable now. The rest of the pistils will ripen up in the few days after cropping, risk knocking off a few trichs and have a close look at a  nug and make sure there are fattened buds behind those pistils. Then snip some anyway and flash dry it in a cooling oven if you haven't already done that since you're being impatient as fuck. lol

Cool, will do that too though  wont snip any away yet. Haha :) not impatient to be honest, really chilled though don't want to get this grow wrong hence why all the questions.

Once I nail this grow and know a little more of what I'm doing the happier I will be. I'm learning every day from you lot and I'm extremely grateful for the help and guidance, such a solid community.

Edited by Medicated
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Looks like (over)ready on pics up , dont let her burn to long. Its best to put close up, folks will note you when to chop. If you see part of plant ready chop it and let the rest finish if you want.

Edited by Herbal Kint
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Latest pics below, think shes done, some cloudy and amber trickes but also lots of clear, mmm she smells good :)  

@Salty  @Herbal Kint @Sasquatch My humble advisers - what do you think? Chop? 

large.Capture22.JPGlarge.Capture1.JPG

Not to shabby for a first grow?!?!? :P

Edited by Medicated
7 people like this

Aye....she's good to go now.

Nae too shabby at at all @Medicated mucker.....well done :yep:

What's up next?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, Salty said:

Aye....she's good to go now.

Nae too shabby at at all @Medicated mucker.....well done :yep:

What's up next?

Royal cookies and one other but im not to sure on what :)

Thanks for all your help man! Would not have gotten here if I did not have you lot to poke me in the right direction, Awesome community!

Edited by Medicated
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Ye its a timber time, trim it good, let it dry well before smoking.

Edited by Herbal Kint
1 person likes this

Those unripe pistils will ripen up once you crop it, it's good to go.

1 person likes this

Arrived late to the grow so a bit late to advise.. my only useful input is that with Sativa Dom you can ignore the amber resin.. tends to go amber on sats before it goes cloudy which is when it has peaked and is starting to degrade.. lovely looking plant btw.. check out the hygrometer in a jar curing method if you are new to drying.. can’t really go wrong with it :smokin:

1 person likes this