Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Matt tuff enuff

Dutch pro

Posted (edited)

Hi guys , using Dutch pro nutrients.

Do you lads follow chart religiously ?

Ec  in flower 2.0 - 2.3. seems kinda high 

Using coco soil .

Edited by Owderb
Moved to an appropriate forum

Id look at the plants and let them tell ya what they want, a chart wont know, its a basic guidline, i only use d pro, and hardly ever need anything above 16, in 60/40,

DJ.....

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, Matt tuff enuff said:

Do you lads follow chart religiously

Usually not worth the paper they're printed on. 

Hydro for example can tell you on one brand EC of 1.4 - 1.8, in a Wilma that would be OK, in RDWC 1.8 could cook your plants.

Then there is the variation in plants themselves, some strains like a ton of feed in coco, but I have a Malibu Pie that if you feed above 1.5ish it will god super dark green and burn really bad.

If I'm unsure about a strain I go in low and gradually raise things up. I see it as better I'm to be a little bit under fed then cause serious root stress and nutrient burns that will ultimately leed to lock outs and deficiencies.

3 people like this

23 hours ago, GreenVision said:

Usually not worth the paper they're printed on. 

Hydro for example can tell you on one brand EC of 1.4 - 1.8, in a Wilma that would be OK, in RDWC 1.8 could cook your plants.

Then there is the variation in plants themselves, some strains like a ton of feed in coco, but I have a Malibu Pie that if you feed above 1.5ish it will god super dark green and burn really bad.

If I'm unsure about a strain I go in low and gradually raise things up. I see it as better I'm to be a little bit under fed then cause serious root stress and nutrient burns that will ultimately leed to lock outs and deficiencies.

Excellent stuff , thanks dude .

Ec of 1.4 to start with ?.

1st week in flower

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, Matt tuff enuff said:

Excellent stuff , thanks dude .

Ec of 1.4 to start with ?.

1st week in flower

Sounds OK for Coco mate as a place to start. 

But again depends on so many variables. This is why I have come to just ignore the labels on nutrients now. 

If your water is soft you starting with an EC of maybe 0.2, if like me your in a hard water area you could be 0.9. So if you bring your EC from soft to 1.4 your adding 1.2 EC of purpose made Cannabis nutrient to you water, which would be VERY nice but you may have to lower your EC a little because now there is plenty of nutrient MADE for plants to absorb in your water. If your hard water then your adding 0.5 EC to the water which is roughly 60% less nutrient solution!

The Calcium and Magnesium in tap water isn't ideal for plants to absorb as it is added using different methods and was meant for human consumption not plant roots, so in hard water you can just as quickly as soft see a plant run light on cal/mag. This is why they started making soft and hard water nutrients for hydro, but for some reason much less so with coco.

Balancing it all out can be a nightmare but once you get it right your'll have a clean healthy fast grow every time.

GV.

Edited by GreenVision
1 person likes this