Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Mcgarret

Female Seeds 2019 Outdoor Grow Diary: Critical Sour, Purple Maroc, Auto Speed Bud: Lat 50.5º

75 posts in this topic
On 8/21/2019 at 11:47 AM, jadenugs said:

A fair difference in flowering between the CS 1 and 2. Let's hope #2 catches up and finishes nicely for you :yep:

Good luck on the repair job to the PM mate :lucky:

Totally different looking plants between CS 1 & 2, can't explain it?

The snapped PM has pulled thru - I should have been a surgeon!:doctor: 

Looking forward to having just the last CS2 standing tall, roped up, Gulliver-like.

Can't help guessing how much I'll get, but mould or rippers might get there first? :wallbash:

:oldtoker:

2 people like this

On 8/21/2019 at 0:14 PM, Stashmonger said:

Huge plants. Huge! 

As a N00b may I ask a question. 

Were you expecting them to bush out this much and overlap? NO

Does this not increase risk of mould? YES

Will you be defoliating.? YES 

Thanks

Hi Stash, my first time with these two strains, first time outdoors free in the soil, not pots.

Next year, will space them out more, always learning in this game.

Huge plants. Huge! - Cheating really, cos I've got the luxury of growing in my garden, daily checks, feed and watering not a hassle.

The pure GGers are the ones to admire, hats off. :yep:

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Week 19

x3 Female Seeds, week 19. Flowering 3-5 weeks.

large.5d64f5d2dec27_x3FemaleSeedsweek19.jpg

Critical Sour 1, week 19. Single top cola. Height 2.31m. Stretch finished. Flowering 4 weeks.

large.5d64f5e605676_CriticalSour1week19.jpg

Main top cola, bud shot, week 4 flowering.

.large.5d64f5f039099_CS1topcolaweek4flower.jpglarge.5d64f5f5e848d_CS1budshotweek4flower.jpg

Critical Sour 2, week 19. Height 2.70m, still stretching. Flowering 3 weeks.

large.5d64f60240c21_CriticalSour2week19.jpglarge.5d64f61e137d4_CS22_70m.jpg

Main top cola, bud shot, week 3 flowering.

large.5d64f60a1682c_CS2topcolaweek3flower.jpglarge.5d64f60fca8ac_CS2budshotweek3flower.jpg

Multi headed Hydra tops, week 3 flowering.

large.5d64f618e9372_CS2multitopsweek3flower.jpg

Purple Maroc, week 19. Stretch continues. Height 2.35m. Flowering 5 weeks, purpling up. Main top cola, week 5 flowering.

large.5d64f6371f047_PurpleMarocweek19.jpglarge.5d64f63c1e26c_PMtopcolaweek5flower.jpg

Bud shot, week 5 flowering.

large.5d64f64027c3b_PMbudshotweek5flower.jpg

Feed: 4ml Bloom, 0.5ml MagCal, pinch of Epsom Salts, 2L each, once a week, after it’s rained so feed doesn’t run off dry top soil.

Summary: Hidden Garden - Forbidden Planet, soil temps 17-19ºC, air temps 13-24ºC. Very sunny, not extreme heat but nice, rain due mid week.

Lat 50.5º weather looks wet and windy for first half of Sept, drier for the remainder. Indian summer, golden October? :g:

M:v:

Edited by Mcgarret
Into my fourth week booze free, don’t need that governbent sanctioned kosh. Getting older and poorer, gave up tobacco seven years ago. Got my own grown sanctified weed for free, tax free, pesticide free, that’ll do me!
7 people like this

18 minutes ago, Mcgarret said:

Week 19

x3 Female Seeds, week 19. Flowering 3-5 weeks.

large.5d64f5d2dec27_x3FemaleSeedsweek19.jpg

Critical Sour 1, week 19. Single top cola. Height 2.31m. Stretch finished. Flowering 4 weeks.

large.5d64f5e605676_CriticalSour1week19.jpg

Main top cola, bud shot, week 4 flowering.

.large.5d64f5f039099_CS1topcolaweek4flower.jpglarge.5d64f5f5e848d_CS1budshotweek4flower.jpg

Critical Sour 2, week 19. Height 2.70m, still stretching. Flowering 3 weeks.

large.5d64f60240c21_CriticalSour2week19.jpglarge.5d64f61e137d4_CS22_70m.jpg

Main top cola, bud shot, week 3 flowering.

large.5d64f60a1682c_CS2topcolaweek3flower.jpglarge.5d64f60fca8ac_CS2budshotweek3flower.jpg

Multi headed Hydra tops, week 3 flowering.

large.5d64f618e9372_CS2multitopsweek3flower.jpg

Purple Maroc, week 19. Stretch continues. Height 2.35m. Flowering 5 weeks, purpling up. Main top cola, week 5 flowering.

large.5d64f6371f047_PurpleMarocweek19.jpglarge.5d64f63c1e26c_PMtopcolaweek5flower.jpg

Bud shot, week 5 flowering.

large.5d64f64027c3b_PMbudshotweek5flower.jpg

Feed: 4ml Bloom, 0.5ml MagCal, pinch of Epsom Salts, 2L each, once a week, after it’s rained so feed doesn’t run off dry top soil.

Summary: Hidden Garden - Forbidden Planet, soil temps 17-19ºC, air temps 13-24ºC. Very sunny, not extreme heat but nice, rain due mid week.

Lat 50.5º weather looks wet and windy for first half of Sept, drier for the remainder. Indian summer, golden October? :g:

M:v:

Hey @Mcgarret,  what a wonderful garden m8 and what a sight! All, very, very beautiful ;)

Ok, so, let's see...Critical Sour normally presents 2 evident phenos; one very fast to flower, in particular in the last weeks it speeds up the process, and one slightly slower, but no more than a week or two. 

What surprises me the most, is the height. As far as I remember, there's one pheno of Critical Sour, (generally the one where Grapefruit genetics are more evident I guess), that has the tendency to go wild, but is not that common. Might be that you've got that one?

I have to admit that I also did not see that many Critical S. in pure ground, so that can also explain why you got such trees.
Further on, the stretch on the Critical Sour is normally 2x in flowering or rarely 3x...even though yours look like a peculiar case study :D 

With these last pictures I do see the difference between Critical Sours. You did not top them, isn't it?  I'm quite curious to hear more about differences within these Critical Sours once you'll harvest them. I am already reporting these differences to our breeders but I guess we'll know better at the end of the flowering phase, once cured.

The Purple Maroc is getting very beautiful, thanks for the nice pics. Is it still stretching for real? Even in the 5th week of flowering?

I am enjoying a lot this show, always a pleasure to take a look at your plants. And thanks for the constant updates, much appreciated.

Keep it up,

All the best,
Mr B.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

46 minutes ago, Female Seeds Team said:

Hey @Mcgarret,  what a wonderful garden m8 and what a sight! All, very, very beautiful ;)

Hi Mr B.

@Jack010 has same big trees (Critical Sour) in his plot, up to 9’ he says. Similar region to me - SW England.

All my plants not topped. You say the pheno that goes wild has more Grapefruit genetics, that must be the answer.:toldya:

Go wild in the country, the call of the wild, the wild wild west, wild thing I think I love you… 

Glad to help in the research for your breeders, will continue to report what I find and hope I make it to the smoke report. :spliff:

Yep, the Purple Maroc is a joy to behold, starting to frost up nicely and hitting her ‘purple patch’ for sure.

The stretch is killing me. :med:

I risk life and limb climbing up a wobbly step ladder to get these pics and now have to get on top of my metal field shelter to get the group shot! :photo:

Fatalities and injuries are very high in the farming industry… Maybe I should stick Robby on a drone to stay safe?

Thanks for looking in and your kind comments, always good to hear your thoughts.:v:

Edited by Mcgarret
5 people like this

Fantastic mate. Fingers crossed for that Indian summer and golden October :yep:

3 people like this

Week 20

x3 Female Seeds, week 20. Flowering 4-6 weeks.

large.5d6f9eea8a349_x3FemaleSeedsweek20.jpg

Critical Sour 1, week 20. Single top cola. Height 2.32m. Stretch finished. Flowering 5 weeks.

large.5d6f9efcddb56_CriticalSour1week20.jpg

Main top cola.

large.5d6f9f04797a2_CS1colaweek5flower.jpg

Bud shot, been frosty since week 4.

large.5d6f9f0a4e550_CS1budshotweek5flowering.jpg

Critical Sour 2, week 20. Multi headed. Height 2.70m. Stretch finished.

large.5d6f9f2a8d7df_CriticalSour2week20.jpg

Multi headed Hydra tops, note the purple tinge to the leaf crowns.

large.5d6f9f317d4b3_CS2multicrownsweek4flower.jpg

Flowering 4 weeks. Main top cola.

large.5d6f9f493e8e2_CS2colaweek4flower.jpg

Bud shot.

large.5d6f9f4dbb76b_CS2budshotweek4flower.jpg

Height 2.7m, as verified by a fly.

large.5d6f9f42177f8_CriticalSour2height2_70m.jpg

Purple Maroc, week 20. Stretch finished. Height 2.35m. Flowering 6 weeks, frosting up nicely.

large.5d6f9f57f048b_PurpleMarocweek20.jpg

Main top cola.

large.5d6f9f6444723_PMcolaweek6flower.jpg

Bud shot.

large.5d6f9f6d7f717_PMbudshotweek6flower.jpg

Feed: 4ml Bloom, 0.5ml MagCal, pinch of Epsom Salts, 2L each, twice a week now.

Summary: Hidden Garden - Forbidden Planet, soil temps 15-17ºC, air temps 12-18ºC. Cool nights, sunny days, light showers.

Metrological start of Autumn last Sunday, windy and wet end to the week awaits. Stretch over me thinks, Robby concurs.

Snail - get off my plants. :readtherulesbuddy:

large.Snail.jpg

Stink bug - is this a foreign visitor, last year they were green, is this the brown Iberian cousin?

large.5d6f9f7cece3b_BrownStinkBug.jpg

Grasshopper - look at that big left leg on him, his musical instrument. Lots of grasshoppers this year, lots of painted lady butterflies too. :yinyang:

large.Grasshopper.jpg

Edited by Mcgarret
Couple of days late in posting, been very busy working in my woods and fields and still booze free, week 5.
10 people like this

Week 21

x3 Female Seeds, week 21. Flowering 5-7 weeks.

large.5d77639df3d51_x3FemaleSeedsweek21.jpg

Critical Sour 1, week 21. Single top cola. Height 2.33m, (1cm increase). Colas bulking up. Flowering 6 weeks, nutty aroma.

large.5d7763a4d7481_CriticalSour1week21.jpg

Main top cola. Bud shot.

large.5d7763ab0a0fe_CriticalSour1colaweek6flower.jpglarge.5d7763ba05917_CriticalSour1budshotweek6flower.jpg

Critical Sour 2, week 21. Multi headed. Height 2.70m, (no increase). Flowering 5 weeks, fruity aroma.

large.5d7763c2c6626_CriticalSour2week21.jpg

Main top cola. Bud shot.

large.5d7763d1553dc_CriticalSour2colaweek5flower.jpglarge.5d7763d77896c_CriticalSour2budshotweek5flower.jpg

Multi headed Hydra tops, purple foliage.

large.5d7763cbdc223_CriticalSour2multiheadsweek5flower.jpg

Purple Maroc, week 21. Height 2.35m, (no increase). Flowering 7 weeks, zingy aroma. Main top cola.

large.5d7763df7a246_PurpleMarocweek21.jpglarge.5d7763e6c7bdd_PurpleMaroccolaweek7flower.jpg

Bud shot, purple and frosty.

large.5d7763ec872b9_PurpleMarocbudshotweek7flower.jpg

Feed: 5ml Bloom, 0.5ml MagCal, pinch of Epsom Salts, 0.5ml PK booster, 2L each, twice a week, for CS1 and PM.

Same dosage MagCal and Epsom Salts, but still on 4ml Bloom and no PK booster yet, for CS2.

Summary: Hidden Garden - Forbidden Planet, soil temps 12-15ºC, air temps 9-18ºC. Cool nights, sunny days, light showers.

Autumnal mists starting to form in the lower valleys, never really makes it up to me.

Yesterday was wet, a damp Wednesday to come, warm and dry weekend to follow.

Stretch over but CS1 has grown 1cm in bud height, both CSs exhibiting purple tinged leafs, CS2 more so.

The PM has long chunky colas apart from the main top one. Will start de-foliating all by mid Sept.

Edited by Mcgarret
doing the washing up looking out my kitchen window onto my plants, causes a hysterical chuckle…
10 people like this

Lovely sight mate, nice flowers coming on strong.

Good call on some defoliation :yep:

1 person likes this

may the gods of mould stear clear of your beautiful plants ..

absolute crackers ..insanely jealous 

3 people like this

On 9/17/2019 at 1:56 PM, jadenugs said:

Lovely sight mate, nice flowers coming on strong.

Good call on some defoliation :yep:

Should have defoled sooner, had the season's calling card - mould.

But saved enough for the winter ahead.

1 person likes this

On 9/19/2019 at 7:23 PM, vince noir rock n roll star said:

may the gods of mould stear clear of your beautiful plants ..

absolute crackers ..insanely jealous 

Ta Vince, needed attending to earlier than predicted, had a mould prob but to be expected.

Glad the season is over for now, many a lesson learnt thus far, already planning next year. :v:

1 person likes this

Weeks 22-25, HARVEST TIME.

Robby’s Last Dawn.

large.5da0917bbb4e6_Robbylastdawn.jpg

Purple Maroc, 8 weeks flower and Critical Sour, 6 weeks flower, at night.

large.5da0913dc9225_PMCS28-6Wks.jpg

Patch at night, x9 plants.

Left to right two RGS Easy Sativa x Skunk #1, one Female Seeds Purple Maroc.

Second row, 2 RGS DFG, one Female Seeds Critical Sour.
Third row, (but hidden behind 2nd row), two RGS Green Gold and one Female Seeds Critical Sour.

large.5da0916d77b3a_x9Plants(night).jpg

Patch in the day, x9 plants.
Left to right, RGS Green Gold, DFG and Easy Sativa x Skunk #1, same 3 strains behind, then 2 Female Seeds Critical Sour and a single Purple Maroc.

large.5da0916156152_x9Plants(day).jpg

x2 Critical Sour, weeks 22-25. Flowering 10-11 weeks.

large.5da090eadfdfa_CS1CS211-10Wks.jpglarge.5da090dba0a48_x2CriticalSour10-11WksFlower.jpg

Critical Sour 1, week 25. Flowering 11 weeks. Had to chop lots of top colas due to mould.

Should have taken at week 8-9 flowering, should have followed Mr B.’s advice. :g:

large.5da090f9bb9db_CS111WeeksFlower.jpg

Critical Sour 2, week 25. Flowering 10 weeks. Staking up and more mould chopping, should have followed Mr B.’s advice. :toldya:

large.5da091088670f_CS210WeeksFlower.jpglarge.5da09114db6b1_CS2CUT.jpg

9" girth.

large.5da0918f16d02_Robbyfinished.jpg

Purple Maroc, week 25. Flowering 11 weeks. Had to chop lots of top colas due to mould, should have followed Mr B.’s advice. :headpain:

large.5da0911fb3485_PM11Wks.jpglarge.5da0912b86824_PMBud11Wks.jpglarge.5da0914e5e922_PMCut.jpg

End of Season - patch empty. :yep:

large.5da091a580d91_Patchempty.jpg

Feed: Natural flush - 3 weeks heavy rain!

Summary: Hidden Garden - Forbidden Planet, soil temps 12-13ºC, air temps 9-15ºC.

Dry sunny warm 16th - 22nd Sept, then wind, rain, damp for last 3 weeks.

Been a while since last post, went away for 14-20th Sept. On my return all plants were ready and waiting, but…

Mould was present, been fighting a rear guard action against the mould army.

Not only had this diary’s plants to harvest but another 6 RGS plants of similar size, and stage.

That’s my excuse for late update, just me and my cat(s) and Robby vs.9 big plants amongst lots of rainy days. :wallbash:

Had to rig up 2 extra drying rooms, in a shed and a bedroom - blackouts, extractor fans, oscillating fans, dehumidifier, drying racks.

About a third of the way through trimming, on top of the task now, got a system - just need more hands/time/help? :med:

Conclusion: Truism - cannabis causes anxiety, paranoia, insomnia, depression, with this many giant plants to harvest. :woot:

Greed over need, should have germed only 1 of each strain instead of four pairs, but then risk missing the characteristics with new strains if based on just one example.

Next year, will defo only do 4 plants instead of 9 and plant out late as poss to produce plants a third of the size (3’ instead of 9’).

Less is more, less time, less stress, less mould. :smartass:

I’ll try to take a break from the trimmill and check up on fellow strain/breeder diaries, share more info and comments.

Smoke report and weights to follow in about 2 weeks.

It’s been fun and frantic, thanks for checking in, hope you’ve all had a good harvest, weather permitting. :yinyang:

Upmost thanks to Mr B. @Female Seeds Team for his seeds and advice. :v:

Edited by Mcgarret
Seed, soil and sky - that's all you need.
9 people like this

Thought the mold would hit, just with the sheer density of the patch.

Glad you harvested plenty to see you through though mate, nice one ;)

Was a great grow to follow :yep:

1 person likes this

Great diary mate.  Well done. Look forward to the smoke report. I bet Robbie needs a rest after trimming all those Brazilians and the purple Marcos.

1 person likes this