Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

PiratePete

First Time Autos: Dinafem - Blue Cheese(x2), Cheese, Critical+ 2.0

65 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

Nothing to add other than lovely job bud, well done 

Thanks man! Much appreciated!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Quick update..

Moved on to using some nutes a bit more now, per 8 litres of water i'm using 40ml big bloom 20ml grow big 20ml tiger bloom of the fox farm trio. Lights are 20/4.

Feeding approx every 3 days with about 2-3 litres, nutes only being used on every second feed.

Not sure how long these have to go now. Dinafem says 65-75 days for all 3, is that from germination? or first signs of actualy sprouting?

Just looking for some info really, anything I should watch for? Things I could do better? Should I up my nutrients or will those be OK? Wouldn't mind fatter buds but don't want to get greedy sort of thing.

Temps are 24-25ºc with lights on and 20ºc with lights off RH staying between 42-52%

Few pictures for updates. Noticed it's 3 weeks since the last ones and the change is fantastic!

Cheese Auto
2zh4ln8.jpg

Critical+ 2.0 Auto

prj9t.jpg

Blue Cheese Auto

2akh69v.jpg

Last one, all 3, Blue Cheese top left, Cheese on right and Critical bottom left.

16kqsqs.jpg

For my first time, I must admit, I am super happy so far, I can't wait to get these cut down and dried, already starting give off some nice smells.

Edited by PiratePete
5 people like this

Good job mate, looking frosty :) 

1 person likes this

Looking good fella, out of interest what led light are you using? 

1 person likes this

19 hours ago, Kaidog said:

Looking good fella, out of interest what led light are you using? 

A Kingbo 600w Dual Optical Lens

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, PiratePete said:

A Kingbo 600w Dual Optical Lens

Good to hear - I have exactly the same light & am setting up for an autogrow - I've been having paranoid thoughts about the unit being a little underpowered for the 3x plants I'll want, so it's really cool to see you having such good results with it! 

Edited by Jimmeh
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Jimmeh said:

Good to hear - I have exactly the same light & am setting up for an autogrow - I've been having paranoid thoughts about the unit being a little underpowered for the 3x plants I'll want, so it's really cool to see you having such good results with it! 

I did have 4, but one was either suffering in some way shape or form or just miles behind the others. Being new to this I was worried it could affect the other 3 which which were all coming along very well so decided to ditch one and keep the 3. I think the light would be pushing it with anything above 4 though. If I could go back I'd possibly get the 900w (not dual optical lens) as a friend has had good results with that. Maybe I'm speaking too soon though? I'll only know once I harvest at the end I suppose! Tricky bit for me now is knowing when to cut down etc..

Edited by PiratePete
added quote

11 hours ago, PiratePete said:

Tricky bit for me now is knowing when to cut down etc..

Get yourself a jewelers loupe on ebay, only cheap, mine has a light which makes a big difference. You can check the trichome colours then and chop to how you like it. (I chop when all cloudy and only a few amber ones)

1 person likes this

Does the timing matter a lot? I've heard varying from 80% cloudy and some amber to 80% amber. Does it have a big difference? This is all personal so I want quality of taste more than anything.

So I've been reading up a bit as I do on these things and I've read about LED giving possible light burn if left too close. My plants are at differing heights so I did have it somewhat close to a few. I noticed one was showing browning on a few new leaves and a few 'rust' spots. I've now moved the light away to the recommended distance, hoping this helps also will now reach a few of the outside buds, save me rotating as much.

On 25/05/2019 at 6:45 AM, Kaidog said:

Get yourself a jewelers loupe on ebay, only cheap, mine has a light which makes a big difference. You can check the trichome colours then and chop to how you like it. (I chop when all cloudy and only a few amber ones)

So I thought I'd go all fancy and get a digital microscope to take pictures of the trichs and all that jazz. It arrived, but it was terrible, so it's going back and a loupe with 30x and 60x w/LED light coming tomorrow. Until I get the loupe for checking trichs I'm kinda stuck.

This is start of week 10, and I'm sure they've fattened a wee bit, maybe just my eyes playnig trichs on me.. see what I did there? Haha.

If anyone with any experience (cough, @blackpoolbouncer) wants to jump in on this to help me near the end, feel free! I really don't want to get this bit wrong now since it's gone quite well so far.

For drying I'm going to set up something I seen either on here or another site. A cardboard box with a hole for vent trunking to connect to the tent so it vents with the extractions. Just now sure what to do about intake? Tempted to do passive due to it going through the tent and wont have a massive amount of pull. 

I'm going to add some more pictures up soon of where they are at, I missed my chance before the lights came back on today.

1 person likes this

24 minutes ago, PiratePete said:

For drying I'm going to set up something I seen either on here or another site. A cardboard box with a hole for vent trunking to connect to the tent so it vents with the extractions. Just now sure what to do about intake? Tempted to do passive due to it going through the tent and wont have a massive amount of pull. 

Still keeping a close eye on this one sir!

Sounds an interesting plan for drying - I was planning to juse use my tent - removing the light & suspending the branches from the top, keeping the enviro controls running.

I'll be interested to see what you do as you'll obviously be ready long before i am.

1 person likes this

Never bothered with a loupe myself. When they are ready they are ready.

My suggestion would be that if you think they are ready, they probably need a bit longer.

A pic will tell all. 

As for drying, a box connected to your tent intake will work.

I just hang the plants in the room where the tent is because due to the tent extracting front he room, the rooms under negative pressure.

I found connecting a drying box to an I take dried the buds way too fast really

I like my buds to take two weeks to dry really and in a box connected to intake they would dry in 5-7 

2 people like this

1 hour ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

Never bothered with a loupe myself. When they are ready they are ready.

My suggestion would be that if you think they are ready, they probably need a bit longer.

A pic will tell all. 

As for drying, a box connected to your tent intake will work.

I just hang the plants in the room where the tent is because due to the tent extracting front he room, the rooms under negative pressure.

I found connecting a drying box to an I take dried the buds way too fast really

I like my buds to take two weeks to dry really and in a box connected to intake they would dry in 5-7 

I'm just going with the loupe due to what others have said really. I know what to look for from reading descriptions. I obviously know what I'm looking for in terms of finished product but not entirely sure how that looks and how much it changes during drying.

Thanks for the info. I may put a couple branches of each in that sort of box then and sort something else out for the rest. Problem is I don't want to put it inside the tent as I want to keep the light going.. I could put it in a box in the tent, that might work?

Since it's the start of week 10, day 64 I think I've at least another 10 days to go, at least. Will get another picture up tomorrow when the lights are off again.

1 hour ago, Jimmeh said:

Still keeping a close eye on this one sir!

Sounds an interesting plan for drying - I was planning to juse use my tent - removing the light & suspending the branches from the top, keeping the enviro controls running.

I'll be interested to see what you do as you'll obviously be ready long before i am.

The original plan was the same as yours, however, after a few weeks you'll soon realise.. "When can I start my next ones?" So you might want to look at possible alternatives. I also have the idea of a large box in the tent with ventilation around it in some shape or form but trying to keep light out.. I also had the thought of suspending this from the roof of the tent so it would be above the light during veg of the next ones.

1 person likes this