Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Ne5

Best way to dry with what I’ve got

Hi guys several of my autos are just getting flushed and I haven’t really thought about best way to dry them.

I know I am going to cut plant whole and hang the plant upside down then dry trim but I don’t have a separate cupboard to dry so I’m gonna have to dry one of the grow rooms. 

I have space at the back of one of the rooms approximately 2000-500. I have the reflective cover from grow tent available maybe I could use the black side of that to stop direct light then hang on ikea clothes rail? 

Only thing the plants are quite huge they might touch the floor or buds touch each other so would it be best to chop stems up?

Will this be adequate?

lights on 24/7

temperature 22-24

humidity 50%

large.B5A578EC-2E7B-4036-BD80-FCDD6A6C24BC.jpeglarge.1857879F-0336-49AF-972E-F016022030F7.jpeg

I think 22 - 24 is too high mate, humidity is good. Unless youd eat off the floor dont let them near it, theyll pick up everything as theyll be sticky af. If your set on dry trimming Id hang branches instead of whole plant to keep off floor. They look beautiful mate, well done :smokin:

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, BlazeBudz said:

I think 22 - 24 is too high mate, humidity is good. Unless youd eat off the floor dont let them near it, theyll pick up everything as theyll be sticky af. If your set on dry trimming Id hang branches instead of whole plant to keep off floor. They look beautiful mate, well done :smokin:

Thanks dude. I could adjust intake and filter to suit to bring temps down but wanted to keep room 25+ for the plants sake although lights are about a metre away from where I would be drying with the reflective cover in front so may well get to 20/21. 

I wanted to hang plant whole main reason so I know what each plant exactly weighs I think I would get mixed otherwise although it doesn’t really matter! 

I’ll try divide plant up by the branches then and try get temps 18-20! (And near 25 below lights for plants) game on lol 

Both pics look lovely mate... apart from the cream soda :puke:

9 minutes ago, bubbly82 said:

Both pics look lovely mate... apart from the cream soda :puke:

Cream soda is life mate lol 

how do you dry your crop? 

2 people like this

Another way to dry is to hang all the buds in a big cardboard box. Put some duct from your tents intake into the top of the box, and make a hole in the other side of the box. That way all the smell from the drying buds is pulled into the tent and out through the carbon filter. Also be cooler than in the tent.

Lovely looking plants by the way. And cream soda is the most disgusting beverage ever created :puke:, I almost wasn't going to tell you about the box trick when I saw it. 

1 person likes this

I just find it too sweet lol 

To dry i just chop, hang the whole plant (untouched) for 4-5 days then cut all the buds fairly evenly, removing all fan leaves, then put it onto my drying racks for at least another 5 days, waiting 

for the stalks to snap

Then after pulling off a few crispy sugar leaf bits they go straight in the jar mate

Basic advice but hope that helps 

all the best :bong:

1 person likes this

Just now, i11 said:

Another way to dry is to hang all the buds in a big cardboard box. Put some duct from your tents intake into the top of the box, and make a hole in the other side of the box. That way all the smell from the drying buds is pulled into the tent and out through the carbon filter. Also be cooler than in the tent.

Lovely looking plants by the way. And cream soda is the most disgusting beverage ever created :puke:, I almost wasn't going to tell you about the box trick when I saw it. 

Haha I think I’ve offended some people with my choice of drink! I’m on a diet and need to have sugar free lol 

i actually bought 2 large boxes from B&Q and was going to dry them in there in the groom, never thought about doing it outside and ducting back into room. 

Actually that’s a brilliant idea as I already have an intake not in use with a big space beside it!

only thing tho Thats other side of my loft and temps that side are barely over 10 I’ll have to add a heater near by I have about 10 oil filled radiators not getting used due to having lights on 24/7. 

Thanks mate.  

1 person likes this

Wow ! That plant looks spectacular :) 

1 person likes this

fek me !!!!!    look at the size of that first auto in the pic ..... shes a beast :yep:

2 people like this

8 hours ago, OddNut said:

Wow ! That plant looks spectacular :) 

Thanks mate!! I’ve had well documented disasters along the way but seem to have everything dialed in perfectly now. Would you believe this is my first completed grow in 10 years?! I’ve spent a lot of time up there averaging about 20 hours a week even though I’ve got 2 business’s to run as well lol 

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, vortex said:

fek me !!!!!    look at the size of that first auto in the pic ..... shes a beast :yep:

She’s an absolute beast! First pic is a dinafem white widow xxl from @Dinafem-Mark literally easiest plant to grow in the world and will be ready for the chop next week exactly 8 weeks from germination! 

I think it’s an old wife’s tale that autos take near as long as photo pheno types and I think your environment contributes how long they will take really! Also that you only get 2 ounces per plant this plant looks like it could give over 4! 

1 person likes this