Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Shortie

WTF am I doing wrong. Some of my crop smells bad

21 posts in this topic

I'm just curing my 5th or 6th grow and nomatter what I do, I often end up with a few ounces that don't smell right. it's not totally unpleasant but not right, a bit musty and a bit like incence but they are definitely not mouldy. All the plants were the same seeds and treated the same but yet around half of it smells great and arouond half of it smells a bit weird.  I noticed that 2 of  the plants smelled like that when I first dried it. I dried for 9 days. The only difference was 2 of the plants were a week younger than the others so maybe cropped too early? I went 90 days. I had 8 Blue cheese plants under 2 x 600 watt using a Wilma system and pebbles. Some of it smells great so could those bits have had better ventilation? I really need this to not happen on my current grow. I just started 8 white widow seeds.  Thanks in advance

Sounds like bud rot to me ! Don’t smoke it it can fuck your lungs up ! Probs best to get some photos up on here 

Can't remember how to post pics, I've linked to the gallery where iI've posted a couple but it looks totally normal but there really isn't any signs of rot or mould

Edited by Shortie

5 minutes ago, Shortie said:

Can't remember how to post pics, I've linked to the gallery where iI've posted a couple but it looks totally normal but there really isn't any signs of rot or mould

Can’t hurt to put an extra fan in there.. does a cure improve it or make it worse? Some of the best weed I’ve had stank of cats piss for weeks curing and then a lovely fruity smell comes through., similar smell to amonia of rot, no cure for bud rot though.

1 person likes this

It's only been curing for a week. I guess I'll just keep curing it and hope it gets better. It's not got any signs of mould or rot but it's very similar smell to like you say, a little bit ammonia, but there really is no rot, I've even torn a bud apart and it looks like good weed

Where is your tent located?

Just now, Phoenix said:

Where is your tent located?

In an upstairs bedroom

Ok.  I'm extremely disgusted by bitter ants.  I can taste them in the air.  This is exponentially increased by hair spray,  deodorants and perfumes.  All use bitterants.  I can tell if puff has been in a handbag.  Or even ciggies.  I'm very sensitive to that smell.  Weird.  I know.  If you are using aerosols etc around the tent that could be your answer.  Bitterants for me smell between patchouli and frankincense.

Once somethings tainted with bitterants it's there for ever more.

May be the same stuff to stop you biting your nails but it's used in many cosmetic or hygiene products.

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Ok.  I'm extremely disgusted by bitter ants.  I can taste them in the air.  This is exponentially increased by hair spray,  deodorants and perfumes.  All use bitterants.  I can tell if puff has been in a handbag.  Or even ciggies.  I'm very sensitive to that smell.  Weird.  I know.  If you are using aerosols etc around the tent that could be your answer.  Bitterants for me smell between patchouli and frankincense.

Once somethings tainted with bitterants it's there for ever more.

May be the same stuff to stop you biting your nails but it's used in many cosmetic or hygiene products.

There just isn't anything in that room that could cause that. Nobody smokes cigs in our house and only some of it is affected, the rest of it smells wonderful. wouldn't the whole lot be tainted?

Or just the closest to intake.  Cigs would not cause this.  More like deodorants, aerosols or perfume.

Incense is what I can smell in product tainted by bitterants.

1 person likes this

I think it's more likely tainted than rotten as it's all symptom free of any mould or rot

Just a thought. Long shot really

@Shortie

Bitterants are everywhere.  I know cause I can taste them.  I'm sensitive to them.

Air fresheners.  Scented candles.  The lot.  And they taint.

1 person likes this

My best guess (and I'm still not sure) is that it was the younger plants and I cropped too early. I read somewhere that could cause a similar smell perhaps? Or I need more fans. I'm racking my brains to think if anything could have tainted them. 6 out of 8 plants were fine. Could scorching during the final days from being too near a plant cause this?