Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bigbob999

Changing opinions

17 posts in this topic

So...I need some advice... this may turn into a bit of a marriage counselling thread :P

A bit of background...

I smoked weed daily from 14-25 and at 25 (around 2005/6) the weed round me got really really shit, washed, full of all sorts of weird shit, sand, glass to this day it still confuses me what was in there!? but long story short I got bored of trying (and failing) to get high all the time and so just stopped smoking one day... (maybe Dr Fate was watching...because about 3 months later...after cutting off my dreads, tidying my bedroom and generally not being a typical stoner I met my wife...

She has never tried a cigarette let alone weed, and I was open when we met about how I used to smoke and to be fair to her I always talked about it as something I used to do but I certainly never got any inclination of her hatred of the herb!!! JEESUS CHHRIST SHE IS FUCKING MENTAL!

I didnt smoke for a couple of years and got on with my life then a mate got prescribed nabilone and I tried one... it reminded me in an instant of everything I loved about getting high, and I pretty much instantly went back to smoking fairly regularly but in secret, as the years have gone by I have become an absolute ninja smoker and get high every day by cover of darkness, early mornings, edibles etc, we've had a couple of kids, I've grown a successful business, and the last two years Ive spent in a really stressful house purchase/probate/family thing. I have been smoking more and more, I easily get through an oz a week and Im not growing...(yes its fucking expensive!)

Meanwhile she has suffered from post natal depression and anxiety and Ive effectively been her carer rather than a husband for the last 7 years. Tbh weed is the only thing that has kept me chilled out enough to help her, look after the kids, the house, work, life etc.

Anyway, she absolutley hates weed, but it is SO frustrating because she just will not talk to me about it and literally has no fucking clue about it at all!? Its hilarious really because she thinks it turns you into this bug eyed monster, little does she know Im sitting there high as fuck on RSO :smokin:

One of the most frustrating thing of all, is that I know the right microdose of coconut oil capsule, or one sip on my mighty vape would probably help her mental health instantly, I would love nothing more than to cuddle up and watch a film munching ben and jerries with her high... Any tips apart from spiking her dinner :P

2 people like this

watch a weed documentary after a bit of priming :stoned:

1 person likes this

I'd say fuck all because she's obviously high on crack.

Only joking.

;)

She knows your high I reckon,  and if she's comfortable to ignore it.  Let her be comfortable.

I'd hate to bring up my kids with the drugs are bad stigma though.  

Good luck

;)

5 people like this

Just now, Phoenix said:

I'd say fuck all because she's obviously high on crack.

Only joking.

;)

She knows your high I reckon,  and if she's comfortable to ignore it.  Let her be comfortable.

I'd hate to bring up my kids with the drugs are bad stigma though.  

Good luck

;)

lol if you saw her "HAVE YOU BEEN SMOKING WEED" look when she does smell it... you would appreciate most of the time i get away with it lol

good shout on the weed documentary, Ive been trying to find the right one... Legend of 420 on netflix is close but still a bit to sensationalist, I need something about professionals, atheletes that kind of shit...

you want to know what the most insane fucking thing is... literally this kind of shows how crazy she is...

she takes CBD oil!!!!!!!!!!??????????????

hmmm maybe she is on crack after all lol

3 people like this

Michael phelps one of the greatest Olympians ever admitted to smoking cannabis saying it never hindered his life.

1 person likes this

Ah yes.  The look

:eek:

who does she like in the films and media attack from that angle

they all smoke weed 

she's a women eh ..she's got to like brad the arm pitt he smokes loads ..pickard 'make it so' smokes bales 

who her favourite ? bet they smoke

show her that itv thing if she's into tv, you know the one with the soap people that got cained 

she into politics..? they're all on it

youtube:

stiletto stoners

its just a plant

if everyone watch this drugs would be legal

chech and chong

Edited by twigs
3 people like this

Thanks will give those a look...I’d forgotten the itv thing...that could be a good shout actually!

1 person likes this

Sympathise with you bud, I had that secret life for many years, it's fecking hard work!! Glad that's history...

I've managed to get my current partner round from regarding cannabis as an illegal substance, to a medicine, and having a grow in the shed as normal.

I'm also her unofficial carer as she has MS, ironically she has moved from being ultra straight (booze and fags were ok though, they ain't drugs as we all know)

to accepting that the medicine I intend to make once the plants are ready, are actually for her benefit but like you, without weed I would be further along the

insanity route than I already am...can't get her onto the vape either, such a shame as it would certainly take some of her angst away...

Gently gently, catchee and all that...good luck mate, just keep going...:oldtoker:

3 people like this

if she suffers from post natal depression and anxiety ..........  give her one of your MAGIC biscuits  with her morning coffee .....  when she says     "  i feel a bit better today "

you can then say .... YEP ,  THATLL BE THE GANJA  ..... and she will se what you have been  saying all along   lol 

2 people like this

Slip her a mickey finn.......10mg in a cookie or slice of cake...if it all goes wrong it was never meant to be.

As you said, you've grown a business ,bought a house and can afford an OZ a week on top of all the other day to day expenses. You deserve that doobie or vape and you deserve it indoors sitting in your chair!

I've been having a similar convo with friends... when a relationship is unhappier than happier....

3 people like this

In reflection probably a little too extreme however you sound together, she should appreciate that and cut you some slack.

you must of married my wifes sister mate ... cos shes the same ... tho shes smoked a little  from time to time  years ago .....

now tho shes ill  as is her mam ,   i said about growing in a tent so theres  allways a good supply  for rso and medical edibles etc  and she went off her gong at me  ....  theres no chance to grow here whatsoever  so im stuck with guerilla only and prey for a good harvest ...

Edited by vortex
2 people like this

Good thread

Hmmm, some people are really hard to win over. I smoke, the missus doesn’t! I promised her that I would stop eventually and 5 years on still smoking. 

My problem is I promised to stop and didn’t! So any argument or excuse to start one is about weed!

Im also a carer and have 4 boys at home and as someone else mentioned earlier, weed is only thing that relaxes me and when I don’t have it, I’m a bear with a sore head.

I have two friends, one recently stopped smoking (1year) and one who has been smoking as long as I have (20years+)

And the one who stopped smoking was a fit person before they stopped and now they have put on loads of weight due to eating more! And my other friend fit as fiddle, work throughout the week, gym weekends and smokes everyday with no problems.

We all have kids/adults. 

I’ll leave it for you to workout!

The point I making is that there always going to be people against cannabis, my mum despites the thing and she’s a nurse (she should know better), but I see that a lot of people won’t venture outside of what’s norm! So if some official wanker or bitch says cannabis is killer, 3/4 (I hope this number is a lot less) of people agree without doing any research themselves, sheepishly!

Checkout Dr. Sebi and Santos Bonacci and what they say about cannabis, amongst other healthy options.

I know (was going use “believe”) we have been lied to... when did actual Homeopathy treatment (what the hospitals practice) come into existence? 1796 according to wiki by https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Hahnemann

So what was we doing before then? It must of been ok to survive for nearly 2000+Years (judging by history taught at school).

Too many people have cancer and other new diseases nowadays and it’s increasing but your doctor got this new treatment or groundbreaking drug and it’s still in its development stages and your willing to try it but not going to try to understand what’s already here and been here for centuries. Something not there...

Not been funny but, like my wife, mum and others... Love you but I love my weed too!

just tell all these na sayers that you'll stop smoking weed if they stop watching tv ..and watch their faces drop

tv's far more damaging to your mental and psychical health than grass

grass was here before tv, tv's are made of plastic ruining the planet, made under slave labour like conditions

are tools of mass oppression, and have been proven to have a negative effect on your brain waves..

then sit down in your fecking lounge and roll and smoke a big pure phatty 

3 people like this