Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Bazzie

First attempt - Oxypot

108 posts in this topic

Hi :cowboy:

I've been spending waaaaay too much on Cali bud recently and enjoy a bit of gardening so thought why not :) Total noob with only google for help and support :wanker:

So far I've got the following:

• SHOGUN Katana Roots - 250mls
  • SHOGUN Samurai Hydro Grow (Soft Water) - 2 Litre (1L A + 1L B)
  • SHOGUN Samurai Hydro Bloom (Soft Water) - 2 Litre (1L A + 1L B)
  • 1 x Oxypot
  • VitaLink Clay Pebbles - 10 Litres
  • Grodan Large Cuttings Seed Cubes x 24
  • 7.5 cm (3 inch) Grodan Transplanting Cubes x 8 to suit Large Cutting Seed Cubes
  • Pipette - 3mls
  • 7 Day Digital LCD Electronic Plug-in Programmable 12/24 Hour Timer Switch
  • Swiftair Temperature Fan Speed Controller 
  • 2000W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum 
  • 4" In Line Fan Carbon Filter Duct Kit
  • PH Meter Tester
  • Thermo-hygrometer 
  • 3 x Royal Gorilla feminised seed (+1 free random)

I'm still building the grow area, it will be roughly 1m wide, 1.8m long and 2m high. 

The LED light is a £60 eBay job, the plan is germinate 2 seeds and pick the sexiest of the two and plant that so just one plant and then if/when it dies I'll have a couple of seeds ready to go.

I would really appreciate any advice on my setup, I have 2 main concerns, the LED and nutes. 

LED:

The listing says:

2000W LED Grow light Panel

Full spectrum for vegetative and flowering stage: 430~440nm, 450~475nm, 620~630nm, 650~670nm, White, IR(730nm)
Coverage Area: about 5 x 5 Square Feet ( The lighting area and the height are changeable according to different plants and environments )
Lumens: 30000lm
Lux: 18000lux/1m  15000lux/1.5m
Lifespan: >50,000hours
LED Power : 2000W
Power consumption : energy saving ,only consumes about 220W~260W power and much more brighter
Worldwide Voltage: 85v-265v
Working environment : -20~40℃,45%~95%RH
Working Frequency: 50~60Hz

Should I get something better or give it a go? Anything that would compliment the above? I do have a 135w bulb and reflector that was used for photography years ago, should I add that? Also loads of halogen floodlights, I assume they are useless?

Nutes:

I'm in a soft water area so will definitely get some Shogun CalMag, anything else I should get?

all you need for nutes is cal mag, silicone, grow, bloom and pk (and you don't really need the pk if im honest).

I would just use what you have to start with, see how you get on, but I don't think your light is gonna cover an area 1.8 metres by 1 meter to be honest. Have you got a link to the led, pm me it cos I don't think you're allowed to post links

What about ventilation/ extraction, what have you got for that?

1 person likes this

I just had a nose on ebay, is it one of those castnoo things?

I think you would have been better off speaking to our site sponser diyled to be honest. I used to have one similar to the castnoo, and it was, for want of a better word, shite. 

Is it too late for you to return it?

Failing that, get yourself a 600w hps kit and it will grow way more bud than your supposed 2000w led.  but it will also need a bigger extraction. Maybe speak to diyled and see what he can come up with to suit your budget?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, or bad castnoos

Edited by badbillybob
4 people like this

The light you have will not cover that area in any way.

Toke...

4 people like this

Thanks for the reply bbb, the forum says I'm allowed to send 0 messages per day so wont let me pm you :( 

It's not too late to return it as it's still not arrived, the light is as below:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

H1916Vå谱对æ¯0224

Edited by Bazzie

return it is my advise.

4 people like this

I'm going to get some calmag and silicone following your advice bbb :)

Would this be a good buy from eBay for £88.45?:

600w Grow Light Kit OMEGA PRO+ Dimmable Digital Ballast, HPS Dual Spectrum Bulb

13 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

all you need for nutes is cal mag, silicone, grow, bloom and pk (and you don't really need the pk if im honest).

I would just use what you have to start with, see how you get on, but I don't think your light is gonna cover an area 1.8 metres by 1 meter to be honest. Have you got a link to the led, pm me it cos I don't think you're allowed to post links

What about ventilation/ extraction, what have you got for that?

Ventilation/Extraction I have a budget 4" fan and carbon filter along with a temp/fan speed controller. I have a fan at home and an oil filled electric heater which will hopefully keep thing nice and moist.

I will also be getting a fish tank water heater to drop in the Oxypot to keep the water/nutes mix @ 20oC ish :)

1 person likes this

I wouldn't bother with the fish tank heater, to be honest. your temps should be about 25 lights on which will mean the nutes will be around 20-22. nyway.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, badbillybob said:

I think you would have been better off speaking to our site sponser diyled to be honest. I used to have one similar to the castnoo, and it was, for want of a better word, shite. 

Is it too late for you to return it?

Failing that, get yourself a 600w hps kit and it will grow way more bud than your supposed 2000w led.  but it will also need a bigger extraction. Maybe speak to diyled and see what he can come up with to suit your budget?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, or bad castnoos

Mr diyled has been rapid in his response, he recommended 2 x https://diyleduk.com/collections/samsung-strip-kits/products/scope-375-samsung-strip-kit-dimmable

But that would be £700 and I'm wayyyy to cheap for that (wait till you see my groom, hopefully I'll finish it off late tonight) plus this is my first grow and I'm only doing it for myself/friends, non-profit org.

I'm tempted to go with 1 x SCOPE-375 SAMSUNG STRIP KIT from diyled. He drives a hard bargain...

I'd happily spend £150, grudgingly spend £200, £350 would hurt my holiday funds.

If you go with only one scope 375, I would partition of your grow space to 1m X 1m if it was myself or 1.2 X 1.2 until you can afford another light. You will get a far better harvest. Never starve your plants of light. Your extraction kit may even have a problem with the 1x1 partition.

Toke...

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Bazzie said:

I'm going to get some calmag and silicone following your advice bbb :)

Would this be a good buy from eBay for £88.45?:

600w Grow Light Kit OMEGA PRO+ Dimmable Digital Ballast, HPS Dual Spectrum Bulb

no, don't buy an omega, they are shit. I bought 4 and had to send 3 of them back within a week of use.

the lumii green digita ones are good, but nearer a ton for the ballast and lamp

1 person likes this

17 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

no, don't buy an omega, they are shit. I bought 4 and had to send 3 of them back within a week of use.

the lumii green digita ones are good, but nearer a ton for the ballast and lamp

Thanks for the heads up, fleabay item number 272551411718 looks good to me :)

18 minutes ago, tokenroll said:

If you go with only one scope 375, I would partition of your grow space to 1m X 1m if it was myself or 1.2 X 1.2 until you can afford another light. You will get a far better harvest. Never starve your plants of light. Your extraction kit may even have a problem with the 1x1 partition.

Toke...

I'm a self confessed noob, I don't understand why I need to partition. I'm planning on having all surface in the groom reflective, and hoped to plonk a Oxypot in the middle of the room and the light overhead. I'd have thought the light energy would still be directed at the plant even if there is extra space at the sides? Adding a partition will = another run for junk to use + time + effort = I want to avoid unless it will be detrimental to the grow.

Diyled vs Lumii Green....  I'm thinking diyled for the energy savings

if you are just growing 1 plant then you will only need 1 light. 

Using a led might mean you wont have to upgrade your extract fan for a bigger one, im not sure how much heat they put out, but I reckon it will be a fair bit less than HPS

1 person likes this

38 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

if you are just growing 1 plant then you will only need 1 light. 

Using a led might mean you wont have to upgrade your extract fan for a bigger one, im not sure how much heat they put out, but I reckon it will be a fair bit less than HPS

I've gone for 1 x Scope 375 from diyled :)

Thanks again for all your help :smokin:

2 people like this