Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Isabellabuds2019

Brief introduction

18 posts in this topic

Hey, hope everyone is well!

I’m new to this forum, been growing for a couple years now and still getting to grips with everything and up until more recently most of my crops have turned out to be rubbish.

anyway I wanted to join a forum so I could ask UK based like minded growers their opion on things as and when I need the advice.

so I’ll thank you all in advance for any help and advice I receive in the future.

ta x

2 people like this

Welcome @Isabellabuds2019, I'm a fellow noob, just registered on this site as well, but found everyone to be sound and really welcoming so far, so I'm sure you'll find it really helpful! 

1 person likes this

Cheers @Nuttyman, it’s great to know.

Thank you 

Hey welcome both.

I haven't been here too long myself in the grand scheme of things but can confirm the peeps on the forum are really nice and helpful.

Happy to have you on board and looking forward to seeing some of your grows in the future.

:bong:

1 person likes this

Welcome :rockon:

1 person likes this

Hello..

1 person likes this

18 hours ago, Isabellabuds2019 said:

until more recently most of my crops have turned out to be rubbish.

What was going wrong as a matter of curiosity?

2 people like this

Spider mites a couple of times, then was getting really airy buds the next, then last time I noticed they were looking a little ruff, so while fault finding I checked the run off to find that although I was feeding with a ph of 6.5, it was coming out at 4, so I flushed, but still couldn’t manage to get it above 5.5.

Then after drying, and trimming, it all started to loose it’s smell and go a bit dark but not rot or mould.

Put it all in a big glass jar with a couple boveda packs to raise the humidity to 62% hopefully that’ll sort it!

thats where I am now.

5 hours ago, trichomehi said:

Hello..

Hi

1 person likes this

Hi and welcome,

Give us an idea of your set-up and with a little jiggery pokery we'll have you right as rain...:yep:

atb

stu  :oldtoker:

2 people like this

welcome to the mad house :yep:

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Isabellabuds2019 said:

Spider mites a couple of times, then was getting really airy buds the next, then last time I noticed they were looking a little ruff, so while fault finding I checked the run off to find that although I was feeding with a ph of 6.5, it was coming out at 4, so I flushed, but still couldn’t manage to get it above 5.5.

Then after drying, and trimming, it all started to loose it’s smell and go a bit dark but not rot or mould.

Put it all in a big glass jar with a couple boveda packs to raise the humidity to 62% hopefully that’ll sort it!

thats where I am now.

Spider mites are a total pain screwed two of my crops before i chucked half my gear and soaked rest in bleach before i got rid of the fuckers.  Whats rest environment like though as not just ph that matters are you in soil coco hydro?

Well I’m using boi bizz allmix, shoguns full range at the moment, room that’s 7x4 not using full area yet! 10” extraction, 8”intake, 6 660w halogens, and a fan controller which keeps temps to around 27c, no humidity control, unsure what to use and where to get it from! 

Hand feeding approximately every 3 days, keeping the cf level to the recommended by shogun chart.

im using a pesticide once a week as a preventative measure, pyrethium but prefer mighty wash, however mighty wash is way more expensive so tend to use the pyrethium diluted.

trying to think if there is anything else but I’m drawing a blank.

Just now, Isabellabuds2019 said:

no humidity control, unsure what to use and where to get it from! 

try Inkbird IHC-200 Digital Humidity Controller Fan Humidifier Humidistat

Thanks, what would I use in conjunction with that, humidifier and dehumidifier? Or?