Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Cherry

Strawberry Akeil - Hunting the Keizerin

38 posts in this topic

Thank you to @Claude for sending the Strawberry Akeil!

I have left it a long time to begin any kind of diary, but have been busy in the background non the less!

A brief explanation as to where we are in the journey, as i kind of have a step missing!!

I have grown 4 out of 6 seeds (2 kept back in case of a user error!) into mature enough plants to take cuts from. I took a total of 11 cuttings mainly due to not having more pots.. 100% success rate and all were done in around 8-10 days. Just a straight cut, dipped in clonex, shoved in moist coco and into a propagator. 

EC is 1.3 and things have greened up nicely since rooting, and i will just have to suck it and see with how they like things as i go :hippy: oh, potted on a few days ago. Growing algae with LED too! :ninja:

Updates may be quite for the time being, but these will be moved into the big tent in about 10 days hopefully. I will flower the #'s  in pairs, so 8 plants total with luck. 

Here is a group shot, and a close up of each #. 

Thank you! :skin_up::smokin:

large_sa1.jpglarge_sa2.jpglarge_sa3.jpglarge_sa4.jpglarge_sa5.jpg

4 people like this

#11 is AWOL in this picture :bag: 

Posted (edited)

Little update! I have 8 Strawberry Akeils in veg now, 2 x cuts form each of the 4 seed plants.

Using RO water Brought up to EC 0.4 with CalMag, taken up to EC 1.0 using Canna A+B (EC 0.6). Very small amount of silicon to bring Ph up to 6, so it can +/- 2 and hopefully stay comfy :smokin:

Erring on the side of caution as i have never done them before so this is my starting method :hippy: Will up the EC ever so slightly in next couple of days.

Here is a pic of each # , their partner looks identical as you can imagine! Have done a little defoliating also.

It has been a hectic end to 2018! Will be back when i can :wallbash:

Many thanks. 

large.1.jpglarge.2.jpglarge.3.jpglarge.4.jpg

e2a - I use RO water because i have 1.1 EC slurry from the tap!!!

e2a again - Bad at remembering things! I ran into an issue involving laziness, had not calibrated my pens in a while, so 1.3 was far out in my original post! started to get some lockout, went up and down with the nutes for couple weeks and stared into space until the penny dropped... Just so we can clear up my inconsistency :fart:

Edited by Cherry
6 people like this

Nice plants,

Hope you get back soon!!

3 people like this

Start of week 2, 12/12

#1(left side, front to back) and #2(taller, right side, front to back)

large_s2.jpg

#3 (back right, front left) #4 (back left, front right) 

large_s1.jpg

I'm always nervous feeding new plants so these are being fed 1.2 Ec.  

Will have a tidy up of the plants in 1 or 2 weeks time. Then fingers crossed for some nice flowers :smokin:

Thanks for taking a peak, i will update more often as the exciting part happens! 

5 people like this

Nice filling out well ..:oldtoker:

1 person likes this

Nice going Cherry.

Keep on the good work!

2 people like this

The stretch is coming along nicely! Here are some dominant cola shots. No topping or training, will give them around another week stretching and shift any potential scrag from the bottoms :yinyang:

large_sa11.jpglarge_sa12.jpglarge_sa13.jpglarge_sa14.jpg

Below is #1. My fav for the shape of it :lucky: + the reason i have staked already. 

large_sa.jpg

A #1 side branch. Spear Bush potential :hippy:

large_sa1.jpg

Thanks for taking a look!

Cherry. 

4 people like this

Nice ...:oldtoker:

1 person likes this

Little update!

large_ak1.jpglarge_ak9.jpg

large_ak7.jpglarge_ak8.jpg

large_ak6.jpglarge_ak10.jpg

large_ak3.jpglarge_ak4.jpglarge_ak5.jpg

I'm getting over the flu but a cheeky rub of each kicks out some pretty old fashioned smells. Everything has a potent sweet, sickly and skunky smell to it, bar #2 which so far is just pungently sweet with no musks! 

My coffee just smells of 'burnt' though, so i think the sweetness has a whole lot more to it, will report back on that of course!  

EC is 1.2, Ph stays at 5.9 in the reservoir so i don't bother adjusting at all. 

Thanks for looking!   

4 people like this

Collection of amateur pictures in the dark!

# 1

large.33(1).JPG

large.44(2).JPG

large.11(3).JPG

# 4

large.22(4).JPG

I'm feeding all my plants the same soup which is just Calmag and Canna Coco A + B, 1.2 EC.

Thanks for looking! 

4 people like this

The Canon has had the cobwebs removed! I will wait for a bit more development before posting any more pictures, as not much has happened in 2 days.

But i will wrap my head around camera settings again and practice ways of squeezing in to take a picture of each # until then!

Thanks for looking, first 3 pics are between the 2 x #1. The last pic is of a #3!

large_new.JPGlarge.sickeil1.JPGlarge.sickeil2.JPGlarge.sickeil3.JPG

6 people like this

It's starting to fill in !!

1 person likes this

Probably around the halfway mark i would say! :hippy:

large_aks1.jpg

large.akker2.jpg

large.akker1.jpg

large.booble2.jpg

Still playing with the camera, and #2 got shot with the phone poor thing.

I am quite excited to see how they all turn out, #2 smells identical to pink bubblegum so hopefully this shows up in the end product :hippy:

6 people like this

Looking great Cherry!!!

2 people like this