Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

jadenugs

My Sweecret laboratory. 5th Sweet Seeds competition grow diary 2018/19

319 posts in this topic
19 minutes ago, BeardedBeardiae said:

I am working on that though.

I've always got buds a plenty mate so my hash gets cured for ages. I save it for when my bro is round, he loves the stuff so it's always a good party :)

1 person likes this

Sweet dry sift

When the buds went in the jars they were a bit too dry and I ended up with small broken stuff in the bottom of the jars. After I put some moisture back in with carrot slices (I ended up doing the same with the others after the C47 but monitored more closely so the buds wouldn't get too moist) I removed the buds to retrieve the broken bits from the bottom of the jars and mixed them all together with the intent of making some dry sift hash.
So it was time to get my old Bubblebox out and do some laborious sifting lol

The box with the whole amount of material available. I could have added more buds but it's time consuming. If it's nice hash I can always sift some more at a later date.

large.5cd2eb2dec059_DSC_3668ER.jpg

Here's the box loaded with the amount I normally add at a time. Too much and it doesn't get sifted properly.

large.5cd2eb394bb00_DSC_3669ER.jpg

A closer look at the material on the top 140 micron screen.
I used to use a coffee grinder to grind up buds and trim first but find this grinds it too fine and I get a lot of green contaminant through the screens. So this time I just broke the larger bits up with my fingers hoping for less contaminant getting through.

large.5cd2eb43af361_DSC_3672ER.jpg

Closer still.

large.5cd2eb4dc34f0_DSC_3684ER.jpg

What's left of the 140u stuff on the next 107u screen after I'd sifted it further on the 107u screen. Not much left which is good.  Sorry I didn't get a picture before I sifted it :doh:

large.5cd2eb584afaf_DSC_3687AER.jpg

And closer so you can see the amount of contaminant that gets through the 140. Plenty of trichomes though, so won't be wasted.

large.5cd2eb6308463_DSC_3687BER.jpg

The finished 107u sitting on the last screen which is 70u.
Again I never got a pic before I sifted it. I sometimes forget to take pics in between when I get into something but I know you'll only be interested in the final product :)

large.5cd2eb91e0803_DSC_3688AER.jpg

A closer look at it.

large.5cd2eb9c83d2c_DSC_3688BER.jpg

And finally, the 70 micron stuff sat on the bottom insert plate that lifts out to retrieve your goods. You can see there is a brown pistil centre right. Don't know what happened there. It either got down the sides of the screen frames while sifting or I just wasn't careful enough when lifting the screens out.

large.5cd2eba707a01_DSC_3689AER.jpg

Closer look.
There's plenty of amber colour in there so a fair amount of CBN. Or maybe the trichs have changed colour with the friction heat of sifting? I haven't tried it yet but I imagine a nice flavoursome buzz followed by a narcotic effect. If I get time I'll add a report when I've finished doing my reports on the cured buds. BTW I've saved the material used and might ISO wash it just to see if there's much left in it after not grinding it down before sifting. I don't think I'll have time though before the cut off date. Maybe I'll add it to my Sweet Pure CBD ISO wash when I make it, dunno.

large.5cd2ebb189933_DSC_3689BER.jpg

Happy growing and be lucky :v:

7 people like this

Great stuff @jadenugs .I m going to give a try to Sweet Pure CBD myself in the winter,as i've tried 1ml of 1000mg CBD oil and i liked the high.

Along, with Black Jack and Delicious Candy.These are the strains that i'll spend my points of the contest.

Atb to your next grow and again,,,that new camera you bought is amazing.

:chef:

1 person likes this

@countrock Thankyou mate.

I've grown high CBD before and it is great for mixing with other high THC strains to tailor your high to suit your mood or medical needs. I've not tried the SP CBD yet but I will do a report for the taste and effect :yep:

If you're growing the Candy and you get a sativa leaning pheno like mine, you're in for a treat, up buzzy high leading into a narcotic effect, which in turn leads you to want more for another uplift :naughty:

2 people like this

Blinding idea to to collect the kief @jadenugs always great to have some on hand to supercharge a joint, enjoy bud :yep:

2 people like this

@Serpent Thanks bud :bong:

1 person likes this

Sweet Pure CBD oil.

Hello dudes. Here I have some Sweet Pure CBD oil I made the other night :) Before I start this is not a tutorial, just the way I do it. It is not advised to do this indoors or in a poorly ventilated area.

Tools I use:
Rice cooker
Various pans, bowls and jars
Strainer
Muslin cloth
Unbleached coffee filters
Jug to transfer the tincture from the pans to the filters

large.5ce1a7f6ef773_DSC_3727ER.jpg

Materials:
Just over an ounce of broken up Sweet Pure CBD buds and 1 litre of 99.9% ISO, both straight from the freezer.

large.5ce1a802062b8_DSC_3728ER.jpg

Method.
Before going in the freezer for an hour I broke up the buds into small pieces by hand. No seeds were found, thank God. If you remember, I had a slight hermie issue which was rectified. When trimming I found 4 immature seeds in the SPCBD and 1 mature seed in the CCFV. After breaking an ounce up and finding no seeds I'm quite confident the rest of the grow should be seed free. I haven't found any in any of the buds I've smoked, happy daze :)

I got all the gear ready, making sure it was clean before getting the buds and ISO from the freezer. Normally I would use just over half a litre to cover the buds in the Kilner jar for a 20 second quick wash for cleaner smoking oil, and use the rest to do a further wash of 90 seconds for edible oil where  it doesn't really matter if there's  plant waxes in there. I find you need less ISO on the second wash because the buds are already wet and compressed from wringing out in the muslin cloth. On this occasion I decided to do just one wash of 4 minutes as it is high CBD and I doubt I'll be smoking it. Plus, since the last oil I made I have learnt that none de-natured alcohol is cleaner than ISO so in future if I make oil to smoke I will use that. I used 2/3 of a litre here for the long single wash.

After shaking the jar for 4 minutes it was tipped straight into the muslin cloth lined strainer above a pan. I noticed my cloth had a hole near the middle so I added a handkerchief to make sure no plant material got through. I then lifted the edges and wrung it tight into a ball, squeezing the ball as hard as possible after each twist until I couldn't get any more liquid out.

large.5ce1a80cce710_DSC_3730ER.jpg

It was then put back in the jar and sealed to keep everything wet for cleaning later.

large.5ce1a81aeb9fb_DSC_3731ER.jpg

Transferred from the pan to the jug for easier pouring into the filters.

large.5ce1a82b29909_DSC_3732ER.jpg

Filtering through doubled up filters into the jars. Normally I would be filtering the 2 washes at the same time but seeing as I only had the one wash I split it into 2 for speed. Notice the 6" RVK. This is powered to 50% through a variac for the whole process and takes the fumes straight through an old carbon filter in the eaves. It is NOT recommended to make ISO oil indoors or in a poorly ventilated area but this is the only place I can do it and I hope I have everything covered safety wise. I have a wet towel at hand, also a fire blanket and extinguisher. I never leave it unattended until the alcohol has boiled off and the cooker has flicked to warm. I don't switch the cook/warm switch while it's boiling, in case of sparks. The only time I smell the alcohol is when I'm pouring it between jars, pans etc while there is no heat involved. Whilst filtering and heating, the fumes are taken away instantly by the fan.

large.5ce1a838c301d_DSC_3733ER.jpg

Both filtered jars poured into one. Not as green as I expected after a 4 minute wash but there was no fresh trim in the mix, just well cured bud. However, I still put it under the sun (135w quantum board) for an hour to get rid of the chlorophyll and you can see the difference.

large.5ce1a866e9f2c_DSC_3734ER.jpglarge.5ce1a873a7c50_DSC_3735ER.jpg

The cooker was switched on first before I poured the mixture into the cooker dish well away from the cooker. This is done away from the cooker just in case the main cooker switch were to spark when switching on. Unfortunately I can't switch the warm/cook switch while the dish is away because it won't switch to cook without the dish being in the cooker, so this has to be done afterwards. The amount of tincture filled the dish to just above 2 cups on the scaled markings which is a safe level I think, not too full. I then carefully put the dish in the cooker with the lid on and switched the warm/cook switch to cook. Then I removed the lid to allow the fumes to leave and be sucked away quickly while it boils. You can just make out wet on the rim of the dish as the fumes are leaving, cooling down and condensing. It then evaporates again as quickly as it condensed, as the fan pulls it off the rim into the airstream. To double check I run my finger round the underside of the rim to make sure no alcohol is dripping down the side.
Even if it did though it wouldn't go down inside onto the heating element because of the overhang on the dish. Better to be safe and check though.

large.5ce1a886a1008_DSC_3737ER.jpg

After about 30 minutes most of the alcohol had boiled off so I put the lid on to keep the dish weighed down onto the heating element and rested the cooker legs on the near side up on the white timber you can see. This is to make sure all the mixture  runs to one edge before all the alcohol is evaporated and is easier to syringe without leaving oil stuck to the middle of the dish.

large.5ce1a8a101781_DSC_3738ER.jpg

A further 5 minutes, the alcohol had reduced more and was changing colour. The cooker had now switched to warm automatically as the weight had reduced.

large.5ce1a8abd0f76_DSC_3739ER.JPG

Another 5 minutes and the big bubbles had stopped so the alcohol  had all been evaporated. There were still tiny carbon bubbles so it was left on warm for an hour and a half to make sure they'd stopped completely and decarboxylation was complete.

large.5ce1a8bd7796d_DSC_3741ER.jpg

It took about 5 hours altogether including the hour the mixture was in the veg cab  getting rid of chlorophyll and it was 4am so time for some shut eye lol It was left tilted to keep the oil at the edge as it cooled and the following night I warmed the oil up again to syringe it and ended up with 3.5g of nice smelling amber oil, citrus orange and lemon.

large.5ce1a8f47daf9_DSC_3742ER.jpg

I then transferred it from the syringe to a glass ramekin for some photo fun and I tried to make an SS for Sweet Seeds with some dots around and in between to use up the rest of the oil. I should have just left what I didn't need in the syringe as the ramekin bottom is domed and it all ran. The bonus is the top 3 dots ran into the shape of a weird sad face with an eye popping out. It's looking down on a dragon's head and neck, the top of the right hand S. Can you see it? Weird eh!

large.5ce1a9091320e_DSC_3743ER.jpg

Here's another pic after it ran some more and things changed shape. I can see quite a few weird images with the shine from the camera flash.

large.5ce1a91434da9_DSC_3745ER.jpg

Thanks for looking :yinyang:

3 people like this

Cream 47 vape report.

Appearance and structure.
The buds are similarly firm and dense from the top to the bottom of the plant, having small calyx but lot's of them with a nice coverage of trichomes.

large.5ce1ac8781e11_DSC_3420ER.jpg

Aroma.
She was harvested at 63 days flowering and the buds were jarred on 11th April after a 17 day dry, then they had about a 3 week cure before I tried them a couple of weeks ago. Smelled of sawn timber in the jar at first, with more fruity aromas appearing the longer it cured. Sweet strawberry when ground up.

large.5ce1ac91ef544_DSC_3467ER.jpg

Taste.
Not much noticable taste on the inhale but then leaves a taste of strawberries which lingers for quite a while. The strawberry taste is subtle but the sweetness is strong. There's too much in here for me to recognise and single out, quite complex.

large.5ce1ac9dc6c51_DSC_3430ER.jpg

Effect
Nothing for 5 minutes or so then I can feel the buzz coming on steadily into my head. Body starts relaxing nicely by 10 minutes but nothing too heavy and a subtle numbness in my cheeks. By 20 minutes my cheeks are getting more numb and my mouth is drying up. By 25 minutes I give in to the urge to sink back in the settee. Yep, she's a creeper is this one.
By half hour the head buzz has levelled out and it's a nice relaxing stone that lasts another hour with a clear head. Major munchie tackle.

large.5ce1acacc1ef2_DSC_3430cropER.jpg

Conclusion.
It's a happy relaxed stone. Powerful but nicely balanced in head and body effect. Medium to strong couchlock effect depending on mood and setting. I like this one for relaxing alone watching tv or listening to music.

3 people like this

Crystal Candy FV vape report.

The top buds are quite firm but looser than the Cream 47. The lowers are a bit more spongy and airy. A nice coverage of trichomes throughout the whole plant.

large.5ce1acdd8adfc_DSC_3421ER.jpg

Aroma.
Harvested at 64 days, she was jarred on 12th April after a 10 day dry and cured for about 3 weeks before trying a couple of weeks ago. In the jar she smells of melon to me but the missus says lemon. When ground up I get a smell of strawberries and cream with a hint of chocolate or caramel or something like that. The smell is quite mild. However, when smoked in a joint the smoke coming off the joint fills the room with a sweet and aromatic aroma like incense.

large.5ce1acf09d01f_DSC_3448ER.jpg

Taste.
It's not strong tasting but I can taste the lemon my missus could smell. I can't really taste what I can smell with this one. I think it could have benefitted from a longer slower dry and a better feeding regime for the smells and taste to come out more. They are there but hard to pinpoint. Anyways, effect is more important to me and it certainly doesn't lack in that department.

large.5ce1acff06232_DSC_3433ER.jpg

Effect.
Full on head buzz straight away. Buzzing rush up the back of my head on the first bowl in the vape, accompanied by a body buzz at the same time. The head buzz soon leaves the body buzz behind for a while and gets me up on my feet. This lasts a good half hour or so before subsiding into a narcotic stone.

large.5ce1ad0ed0a74_DSC_3433CER.jpg

Conclusion.
This pheno i grew is quite potent with a strong effect, happy smiley laughing tackle and it's a winner :yep: The cerebral high makes me feel like I want to party but due to the narcotic effect it leaves me in I think I would need to keep smoking to keep that buzz going and would end up monged quite soon. So I think I'll keep it for home lol

6 people like this

Sweet Pure CBD smoke report.

Top buds quite firm and dense. Lower buds small but still firm. It yielded better than it looked and surprised me that 3 and 1/4oz fitted in a 2L jar.
The fasciated buds were very dense and solid.

large.5ce1ad5ea9034_DSC_3423ER.jpg

Aroma.
She was harvested at 65 days flowering and the buds were jarred on 12th April after a 9 day dry so they had a 4 week cure before I tried them about a week ago.
Smells of citrus, orange and lemon, rubbery, bit fuelly. Fills the room with aroma while grinding it.

large.5ce1ad70d566c_DSC_3461ER.jpg

Taste.
Tastes of lemon with a hint of blackcurrant, sweet and sour with hints of fuel and oil. Sweet hashy taste. Very flavoursome and mouth watering. It stays in my mouth for ages. Burns smoothly.

large.5ce1ad7fe687b_DSC_3439ER.jpg

Effect.
I get a slight buzz from it which is clear and it's quite nice. Good for my anxiety and relaxes my mind. Relaxes my body nicely but without the heaviness a THC indica strain brings.

large.5ce1ad8e7495f_DSC_3439cropER.jpg

Conclusion.
I would definately say it gives me a feeling of well being and has good medical properties for relaxing my mind and body. I've said a couple of times in the diary that I'm impressed with the amount of trichomes for a pure CBD strain. That still stands, as the oil I made from it yielded 3.5g from just over an ounce which is equal to what I get from an average THC strain.

4 people like this

Excellent reports @jadenugs and great diary.I will definitely  spend some points on Sweet Pure CBD .

Enjoy your fruits m8.

1 person likes this

Green Poison CBD vape report.

The buds are quite firm and dense but not solid. The size makes up for this and they fluff up nicely when ground. She grew a good few nice tops. Fair amount of crystal coverage.

large.5ce1ad9d31f13_DSC_3422ER.jpg

Aroma.
After cropping on day 66 of flowering she was dried for 10 days and jarred on the 14th April. Cured for around 3 weeks before trying.
Smells of fruit salad chews in the jar. Grind it up and it smells of forrest fruits, very sweet and I'm sure I can smell a hint of cinnamon if I sniff it for ages.

large.5ce1adaa02812_DSC_3466ER.jpg

Taste.
Tastes fruity on the inhale and leaves a fruity taste in the mouth, a little bit sour.

large.5ce1adba4b28c_DSC_3435ER.jpg

Effect.
High comes on steady in around 10 minutes. It's a light indica type stone to start with. Slows me down into a nice relaxed state but still functional. Happy and smiley, relaxed state of mind. After 4 or 5 bowls in the Evo it turns into a heavier stone.

large.5ce1adca6ed91_DSC_3435cropER.jpg

Conclusion.
This is a nice smoke, quite flavoursome and smells wonderful. It will be nice as a summertime smoke in company in a beer garden or at a BBQ. It makes a nice accompanying smoke to some Amnesia CBD I have, smoking them in turn.

Well that wraps up my vape/smoke reports just in time for the deadline :) The grow was a rollercoaster of a ride, having problems right from the start with temps and me wrongly trying to fix with cal-mag. I wish it was never invented lol I never used to have these problems using standard feed and a bit of Epsoms salts.  Anyhow, I managed to pull the grow round and then was worried I was locking nutrients out due to salt build up from the excess cal-mag I'd already fed. This in turn led me to underfeed them more than usual near the end to try and flush out the salts. After cutting into the rootballs I don't think there were that many salts in there so this was my mistake and I hold my hand up. Or did I do the right thing by starving them early? I don't know, it's just a plant and I'm only here to make a mess of it lol End of the day it's the results that count and I'm more than happy with the results I got. I just know I could have done a whole lot better with them if they'd had a better chance from the start :) Can't see the wood for the trees sometimes lol

Thanks very much for giving me the opportunity to grow these beans out Sweet Seeds and thanks to all for the views, likes and comments :notworthy:
Keep growing and be lucky :bong:

I was going to post this tune by Lee 'Scratch' Perry at the beginning of the diary to welcome you to my Sweecret laboratory but decided to save it til the end for any of you who listen to him and saw the connection in my diary title :)

And another I was listening to while doing the Cream 47 report.

That's all folk. I'm gonna start this tune on youtube now, let it go through all the reggae tunes and get battered :yahoo:

6 people like this

12 minutes ago, countrock said:

Excellent reports @jadenugs and great diary.I will definitely  spend some points on Sweet Pure CBD .

Enjoy your fruits m8.

Thanks mate, you won't be disappointed if that's what you're looking for. It's great for the days when you want to be relaxed but not too high :)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Cracking smoke report to wrap up the grow @jadenugs and this is definitely a winning diary, even with the problems as you pushed through them and got a result :yep:

Edited by Serpent
1 person likes this