Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Punta Roja

When I got thrown in jail in Chlie on acid.

Short tale about getting nicked on acid in Chile.

Thanks to @i11for inspiring me.

La 124a Comisaria, Lo Barnechea

I lived in Santiago, Chile from February 1998 until November 1999.

One day, we planned a day out in the countryside; we decided to go to La Sanutaria de La Naturaleza, a national park about an hour outside Santiago.

There were five of us, Me, 34. Jane, 24. Chris, 24. American from L.A. Very funny, Pepe, 23, Chileno, spent most of his life in Toronto spoke English like a Canadian and Brian bear of a man but the nicest person you could wish to meet, 26. We were all English teachers.

We got ourselves organised and got an early local bus from Providencia to Lo Barnechea. It took about an hour.

When we arrived in the pueblo, we wandered around the square for a bit. It was like something out of the Magnificent seven, the men were hanging around either wearing ponchos staring at us or standing there with their tee shirts pulled up showing off their fat bellys staring at us.

We sussed out the road to the Nature reserve and set off. After about an hour walking along a dusty path with the sun battering us we sat down under a big shady tree. At this point I pulled out four 1942 Albert Hoffman riding on a bike trips. I knew they were good because I'd been importing them 100 at a time in a birthday card in the post from Vancouver...but that's another story. I cut the trips in half diagonally and we all necked one.

We decided to smoke a joint and relax for half hour.

The park was beautiful, it was full of exotic plants everything was amplified from the acid, we were all buzzing and it was great. There was a river flowing through the park, we went down to the bank and followed it down. The river was hypnotic; it’s sound was smooth and even. We sat around most of the day philosophising, smoking, laughing and generally marvelling at being alive in such a beautiful place.

I looked deeply into flowers, I saw things I’ve never seen before which I always see now. The sun was ecstasy, just the right amount of light and heat to sustain our trip.

The sun sets quite quickly at this latitude so as soon as we saw it getting towards the horizon I said “let's do the other half for the bus ride back” The response was unanimous so we necked the other half. We were already flying.

Us on the way back to town.

00000596a.jpg

5bf322e854fec-disapprovingBilla.jpg

By the time we'd reached the pueblo it was dark, we were having the time of our lives laughing so much it hurt..

We were all very thirsty so we looked for a shop.

We came across a minimarket, we all piled in and started headed for the cold beers and as we did Pepe and Jane got the cameras out (remember these were film cameras that when the flash was on the cameras would emit a high pitched Squeal). We started to take photos of each other, picking things up and larking about (it seemed very amusing at the time, hilarious in fact) We were laughing like crazy. The girl at the till must have thought we were crazy Gringos.

We bought beer, taking more photographs we paid and made our way outside.

I was ready for the beer, we were all gagging. I cracked the can and poured it down my throat it was amazing, the best beer I'd ever tasted. I cocked my head forward to be dazzled by the headlights of a car.

It was the cops; the girl in the supermarket must have reported our weird behaviour. The captain walked up to us and lectured us in Castellano, he said “if you go to Argentina you must obey the laws of Argentina, if you go to England you must obey the laws of England, if you come to Chile you must obey our laws. Here in Chile it is illegal to consume alcohol in the street” and he arrested all of us apart from Jane. we’d blagged him that the only unopened can belonged to Jane. It was Chris’s.

Being arrested on acid is not good but it made things very interesting.

We were taken to the local police station in a police car all four of us crammed into the back seat, separated from the front by wire mesh. Jane caught the bus back to town, off her head worrying like crazy about what was to become of us. Remember Pinochet was still in power.

We were cool until Chris said that he’d got a film canister full of weed in his knapsack. My eyes rolled I couldn't believe what was happening.We arrived at the police station and were shown into a cell. A cop wearing a uniform one size too big started searching us, I feared the worst. Number one, how couldn't the police tell we were flying, our eyes were glowing, and we were quite happy about everything, number two, the canister full of weed.

We pretended not to speak Spanish so Pepe became our translator. They were searching each of us individually with our packs and then took that person into another room to be questioned leaving the rest of us to corroborate freely in English. The mission now was to somehow get rid of the weed!

Brian got a bit excited when the young copper tried to get him to take his charm from around his neck, Brian bellowed “man this ain’t never been off my neck in ten years and it ain’t coming off now!” The charm stayed on Brian’s neck.

I was taken out of the room and Chris (who had not been searched yet) swooped quickly into his backpack, pulled out the canister and passed it to Brian, who had already been searched.

Brian didn’t know what to do with it. It was like a hot potato! There was an open window (strangely enough) so Chris told him to lob it but he was frantic. He said he might hit a cop on the head so he dropped it into a stack of milk crates. It trickled through the holes to the bottom. No one would find it...until we were long gone. And that was fine with us.

I came back in, eyes wide, “where’s the weed?”.I said. Chris told me it was gone. I insisted on “where” so Chris told me.

As the cop began to search Chris, he pulled a roach out of his shirt pocket. My heart was in my throat, I heard myself saying “Nooooooo!” but we somehow convinced him it was just a bit of rubbish When the superintendent entered the room again he threw it out quickly to avoid embarrassment of harassing us about trash! Lovely! Thank you sir!

He then took Chris from the holding tank to be interrogated. Chris told me afterwards “as I left the room I could hear you telling the guys you were going get the weed back. I was just thinking “what the fuck dude?” Let it go! Please!”

With the copper distracted I was able to retrieve the canister from the crates and hide it in my sock.

After a while the door opened and a local drunk was thrown in. He was steaming and even Pepe couldn't understand him, he kept on ranting and swearing through the bars at the Cops. He tried to wrestle Brian A.K.A. “El Orso” The bear, he was a big healthy Oregonian. Brian got him in a hold and he passed out. He lay on the floor snoring, we left him to it, he seemed alright. Brian was feeling guilty so he put him in the recovery position.

We were still very high, it was surreal. A short time after another drunk was thrown in with us He wore a suit but it looked as if he'd been on a coke binge for a week, he was steaming as well. But he came with a bonus. From out of his jacket he produced a carton of wine. We were thirsty as owt, gobs like the Gobi desert. We all stared at him as he took a slug from the carton hoping that he'd share it. He ripped the top off with his teeth and slugged it. He then passed it round, I took a big slug, it was the best wine in the world.

After about an hour, the door opened and we were told we were being released but we had to pay a multa, a fine before we could go. Unfortunately we only had enough to pay for three of us, I had no money, I provided the acid. So Pepe, Brian and Chris were released and took off to get the $24 to bail me out. Meanwhile I was left in a Chilean prison cell with two drunken locals with a film canister full of weed in my sock “on acid”.

I was happy to be released, I paid the fine. The copper asked me my address etc. then he asked my profession, I told him” English teacher” he looked up from his desk and shook his head. I was free to go. As we walked out of the station and up the road, I reached down and pulled the weed canister out of my sock to the shock, horror and glee of all. Brian said “man you English are fucking crazy” I said “I know” and laughed.

We were invincible; it was like winning the lottery, how close had we come to a serious rap?

As we left the police station it got crazier, we walked into a candlelit procession, it was a religious festival. It was surreal walking against the tide of hundreds of Chilenos carrying lighted candles.

We made it back to Providencia to find Jane and loads of others waiting in the flat for the returning heroes.

I can’t blame Jane for her actions that day, after all we she was alone travelling back to Providencia “on acid” mind racing. She’d taken all of our drugs (weed, cocaine and acid ) out of the apartment and buried them in a shallow grave in the garden. It wasn't very deep, she'd dug the hole with a knife and fork...She was shitting herself thinking that the law would bust the apartment...she was a good girl, always thinking..

I exhumed the stuff then the party really took off.

ATB

PR

Edited by Punta Roja
42 people like this

lol brilliant read

1 person likes this

18 minutes ago, hepppedupondoofballs said:

lol brilliant read

Thanks mate

:rofl:

1 person likes this

Cracking read and thanks for sharing the memories , can only begin to imagine what it was like trying not to laugh whilst tripping in jail lol .

Atb twoscoops :) 

1 person likes this

Brilliant story! 

Not sure I could have coped with that though...

1 person likes this

On 19/11/2018 at 11:14 PM, twoscoops said:

Cracking read and thanks for sharing the memories , can only begin to imagine what it was like trying not to laugh whilst tripping in jail lol .

Atb twoscoops :) 

12 minutes ago, silvester growdrobe said:

Brilliant story! 

Not sure I could have coped with that though...

Cheers lads..we all had each other's backs..especially mentally....we had a bloody good laugh afterwards mind.

I'm sure it's a tale that the others tell as well..

Edited by Punta Roja
2 people like this

Great read, fair play keeping your cool when tripping your faces off :smokin:

1 person likes this

What a great story, and well written too, in short clear sentences. With a little editing you might be able to get it published somewhere.

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Absurdist said:

What a great story, and well written too, in short clear sentences. With a little editing you might be able to get it published somewhere.

Thank you mate..that'd be a dream....

On 12/6/2018 at 9:36 AM, Punta Roja said:

Thank you mate..that'd be a dream....

It's probably the sort of thing Vice would snap up.

1 person likes this

Great story, thanks for sharing.

Jj:bong:

1 person likes this