Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

calif123

Making bubble hash with buds not trim

Hi,

I've got a 2L jar of recently harvested bud that is dry (harvest 1 month ago), but has a bit of a odd smell. Its not mould, but I don't want to smoke it for the taste.

I've just run my trim through the bubble hash bags and got some nice stuff out the end. I'm thinking of rather than chuck the whole jar I can bubble hash it tonite, and see what i end up with. Maybe that smell will go :)

I was wondering though, should i cut up the buds into small pieces or just through them in as is?

Cheers!

I'd grind it up to dust, then put it thru the bags.

6 minutes ago, bearukc said:

I'd grind it up to dust, then put it thru the bags.

I'd have thought it was the last thing you'd want to do. By grinding it to dust you'll get a very green product because everything will come through surely.

2 people like this

Oh no! conflicting views! Need a third opinion! :)

Anyone done it both ways? 

Freeze it first for at least 24/48 hours then when still frozen break it up into fairly small pieces but don't grind them. Think just slightly larger than you would want for a blunt.

Then put it all back in the freezer along with the ice you want to use for your hash run. (not in the same bag though of course)

When it is time, get your iced water, add more ice, then your frozen broken buds and run those through your bags.

When frozen the crystals are less easily broken.

Myself though I would not bother with that. I would extract using butane. I have tried both methods and butane is far better, far cleaner, far quicker, and you get a better product at the end. Just make sure you do it somewhere well ventilated.

Edited by MicroDoser

+1 to freezing the bud overnight. Break it up, but not too fine, then freeze it!

+2 to freezing the bud, don't grind it up, you'll get green hash and it won't be as good and break it up as dylanbk said. Do a really quick first wash( 30 seconds) to get really sticky full melt stuff.