Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

elmer budd

LED leepy box

The damn fan noise on my LED is the noisiest thing in the room, after reading about sound dampening of fans, I came across the leepy box. Fantastic idea. Luckily I kept the original box for the panel, and so have just filled it all in with foam. Can't wait to test it once its all set and sealed. I will post the results later.

Peace x

Will it not over heat? 

6 people like this

8 minutes ago, assault and battery said:

Will it not over heat? 

I agree your just traping the heat in now

4 people like this

Please do not do this!!!

Just replace the crap fans with high quality pc fans. If you need help just let me know.

11 people like this

Yea dont do it mate. Fans can be boxed as they are self cooling. The fan on your LED unit is drawing heat off the heatsinks. If that heat has got nowhere to go you're going to kill the unit and possibly start a fire

5 people like this

Aye, that sounds like a really bad idea. :ouch:

Please don't do it, you might well be posting a picture of the smouldering remains of your home later. :yep:

4 people like this

as stated, upgrade the fans to some quality items, it will be virtually silent

I was joking haha. However I do have a noisey LED unit, I never thought to change the fans, I might have a look to see if possible. Cheers.

Any recommends on silent pc fans (8cm)? It looks like a two pin connection though too. Cheers.

Edited by elmer budd

Maybe artic fans ...

1 person likes this

42 minutes ago, Arthur Mix said:

Maybe artic fans ...

I cant find one with a 2 pin connector, my LEDs are a few years old now. Not sure on the difference but I aint too technical either. Plug in and play I can do, haha.

*EDIT* I just found a 2pin to 3 pin adaptor cables ;-)

Edited by elmer budd
added info

The 3rd pin is for rpm data and not needed. Just cut it and tape it off. :yep:

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, diyleduk said:

The 3rd pin is for rpm data and not needed. Just cut it and tape it off. :yep:

I saw that after a bit of research and ordered some arctic F8s this morning, should be here by the weekend, any probs I'm sure to ask.  Thank you all.

2 people like this

Just to update anyone reading the thread, apart from the usual faffing about I installed the fans pretty easily, rewiring the 3 pin plugs to 2 pin to fit.

Notes: The F8 silent is very quiet, but only pulls 12cfm, so I will replace one fan with an F8TC (30cfm) as the unit was running a little too warm for my liking on 2 silents.

I powered on the lights face down on some cardboard whilst modifying them, not for too long, but long enough to melt the plastic magnifying lens on two of the light modules that were over some black tape on the cardboard! I guess the heat could not dissipate quick enough. Hopefully I can get replacements for these because the middle lens is a bit melty bubbly - fuck knows how this will affect function, luckily the factory are still trading so fingers crossed.

Edited by elmer budd
typos

The TC fans are great, the factory sent me new lens', 50元 each:smokin: