Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ratdog

The Sweetest Thing, The 5th Sweetseeds Competion Grow 2018/19

61 posts in this topic

Right then lads and lasses, this is my effort for the 5th Sweetseeds competition grow, I can remember doing the first three I think but I missed the last one, so hopefully this diary will go some way to making up for that.

I will be growing 6 plants from the 12 seeds kindly gifted by Tommy and his friends due to space or lack of it in my 0.8 m2 veg room, but they will be heavily LST`d, this has paid huge dividends in the past and something I should really do a lot more. The seeds are, SAD, a rock solid selection, Black Jack, which I have only grown once and didn`t do it justice but from what I saw others produce it should be a belter, and out of pure curiosity I`ve also chosen Gorilla Girl (GSC x Gorilla Glue) as I`ve not grown either out yet.

So let the games begin!

I`ve decided to try out a new compost too for a change, its called Vitax and looks divine in the bag, no lumps of wood or other crap like most composts these days, and dare I say it feels better than Erin! Here`s a few of shots

large.5bbcad211ff81_vitaxcompost.jpglarge.5bbcad2000797_vitaxcompost2.jpglarge.5bbcad207d443_vitaxcompost3.jpg

I have popped the seeds into the compost directly, my preferred method. I watered them in with some Maxicrop seaweed plant growth stimulant which has always given great roots, large.maxicrop.jpgI

also have some mycorrhizal inoculant to add at potting up time.

large.5bbcb2b03be3d_mycorrhizalinoculant.jpg

and finally a shot of chosen seeds and pots ready to go

large.5bbcad1f5d786_sweetseeds.jpg

They are now sat in a propagator until they pop, and then they will be transferred to the veg room under a T5 for the first week or so, maybe less depending on how much light they want.

The tools for the grow will be;

Veg room has T5/250hps/400hps as they develop, a SMS hybrid extraction fan controller with temp/light probes, under pot horticultural under pot heat mat with temp probe and a circulating fan on a 5 step variac controller so it`s not aggressively hitting the plants.

In Flower they will be in a 1.2x1.2x2m tent with another SMS hybrid fan controller for the extraction, 2 x 315cmh lights and a couple of horti heat mats to keep roots toasty, and circulating fan.

Right, I think that`s everything for now, so thanks again to Sweetseeds for doing this fun comp again, and the free seeds :)

23 people like this

Ooo an early start ratty mate hopin to get the jump eh well just wait til I get goin get my seeds get my fuckin tent up even :yep:

Good start mate aw the best bud

6 people like this

Tidy start mate. This comp's gonna be a good one, i can feel it :yep:

I fancied trying the SAD, with a view of putting it outside, but went with the mandarin auto instead. Got it in my head someone done well with it outside near me? I hope so lol

Will be nice comparing your black jack grown under CMH, to my black jack under HPS, cause everything else is similar (barring any disasters). Compo, 1.2m space under sms etc :yes:

Anyway, all the best with this mate. I look forward to wathing it all develop.

Nice one :guitar:

7 people like this

@ratdogNice start to the diary, good luck dude.

That compost looks lovely, it will good to see if it performs well, I may give it a go if you have good results.

3 people like this

dammit man ..giving away the secrets ...maxicrop ..tis all i use ..

all the best with the diary chap ..

4 people like this

Well you didn’t hang about!

Fantastic start, that Vitax looks a lovely texture and colour. 

I dont think you’ll need it but I wish you lots of luck in the competition and I’ll be cheering you on :) 

5 people like this

Points deducted for ripping off the title of one o my diarys from a previous comp :nono:

Cmon Tommy get him telt lol

Poor form ratty poor form ;)

8 people like this

Hi fella!

Welcome to the 5th Sweet Seeds® Grow Diary Competition

I hope you enjoy it,

Best of luck ;)

jaypp

3 people like this

21 hours ago, hazy harry said:

Ooo an early start ratty mate hopin to get the jump eh well just wait til I get goin get my seeds get my fuckin tent up even :yep:

Good start mate aw the best bud

That`s the plan mate, and I was think I might get two grows in just in case one is a disaster lol

Nice to see you back :)

20 hours ago, the lone deranger said:

Tidy start mate. This comp's gonna be a good one, i can feel it :yep:

I fancied trying the SAD, with a view of putting it outside, but went with the mandarin auto instead. Got it in my head someone done well with it outside near me? I hope so lol

Will be nice comparing your black jack grown under CMH, to my black jack under HPS, cause everything else is similar (barring any disasters). Compo, 1.2m space under sms etc :yes:

Anyway, all the best with this mate. I look forward to wathing it all develop.

Nice one :guitar:

Thanks mate, a definitive comparison in the making :)

20 hours ago, Smokebelch said:

@ratdogNice start to the diary, good luck dude.

That compost looks lovely, it will good to see if it performs well, I may give it a go if you have good results.

I have fungus gnats this current grow so thought it might be the compost so thought I would try this, it`s what some of the local nurseries use so hopefully it should be quite good.

18 hours ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

dammit man ..giving away the secrets ...maxicrop ..tis all i use ..

all the best with the diary chap ..

It`s the bollocks ain`t it? Thanks mate, and I`m sorry to hear about your dad, must be hell of a shock :(

17 hours ago, assault and battery said:

Well you didn’t hang about!

Fantastic start, that Vitax looks a lovely texture and colour. 

I dont think you’ll need it but I wish you lots of luck in the competition and I’ll be cheering you on :) 

I was pressured lol  Yeah, I`m impressed with the lack of crap in it and it`s nice and fluffy so lets see if it`s a replacement for the future. :)

4 hours ago, hazy harry said:

Points deducted for ripping off the title of one o my diarys from a previous comp :nono:

Cmon Tommy get him telt lol

Poor form ratty poor form ;)

lol Damn, I didn`t think you would notice mate, I said it was good to see you back but now I`m not so sure lol

1 hour ago, Sweet Seeds -Jaypp said:

Hi fella!

Welcome to the 5th Sweet Seeds® Grow Diary Competition

I hope you enjoy it,

Best of luck ;)

jaypp

Thanks jaypp, it should be good fun all round :)

Edited by ratdog
7 people like this

6 minutes ago, ratdog said:

Nice to see you back :)

lol Damn, I didn`t think you would notice mate, I said it was good to see you back but now I`m not so sure lol

I am the original bad penny mate ;)

5 people like this

6 minutes ago, hazy harry said:

am the original bad penny mate ;)

don't tell @Ch@ppers that lol

5 people like this

7 minutes ago, hazy harry said:

I am the original bad penny mate ;)

I honestly didn`t know the name had been used mate, I`ll pay you something in royalties if you like, a nude pic any good? lol

7 people like this

I dinna mind sharin credit mate  ;)

For a 60/40 split of any rewards naturally :wassnnme:lol

6 people like this

hi ratdog thought id pop my head in and wish u good luck with the grow, i see ur another one who uses the myco fcungi.....i might try it myself for my sweet grow, fancy trying to build my own soil aswell....atb.....:yinyang:

4 people like this

On 10/10/2018 at 0:41 PM, hazy harry said:

I dinna mind sharin credit mate  ;)

For a 60/40 split of any rewards naturally :wassnnme:lol

I was thinking 50/50 but if you only want 40% then I`m ok with that lol

33 minutes ago, grotbags said:

hi ratdog thought id pop my head in and wish u good luck with the grow, i see ur another one who uses the myco fcungi.....i might try it myself for my sweet grow, fancy trying to build my own soil aswell....atb.....:yinyang:

Hello grotbags, thanks. I`m edging that way now I`m getting more into composting in my garden. Good luck to you to mate :)

5 people like this