Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Joey21

£20 Vapes any good? Or cheap and shit ?

Iv seen a few of these type vape things on eBay. I don’t know anything about vaping weed iv only every rolled joints but fancy giving it a try. 

So are these gunna work alright or are they abit cheap and crappy and put me off ? 

Cheers, Joe 

Edited by Joolz
remove ebay link

To be honest mate you really do get what you pay for when it comes to these dry herb vaporizers. I wouldn't recommend the cheaper ones, I used the Atmos Raw a few years ago and it was shite, more like an ineffective electronic pipe than a vaporizer. That being said I've never used the specific vape you have linked in.

Save your cash until you can afford something a bit further up the price bracket. Something like the Crafty or Mighty by Storz and Bickel, they are pricey but I guarantee you wouldn't be disappointed  :yinyang:

1 person likes this

Ah yeah man I thought that might be the case, thanks for the advise :)

Flowermate and X-Max are a couple of semi-decent low budget vape brands if you cant afford much.

I currently have and use most often the Spirit vape, which is a rebranded X-Max Starry from Vapefiend (more expensive but better qc and warranty buying from fiend, plus supporting this site :yep:) its a cracking little vape for the £99 I paid, comparable/better than the DaVinci and PAX vapes imo, which are twice as expensive.

Though I do admit the Storz vapes are in a league of their own if you can afford them.

If mid range pricing have a look at the Arizer Air/Solo series, both excellent vapes.

Edited by iBMe
1 person likes this

Pax are good, there is a UK only copy that is as good and cheaper, can't remember the name.... the Pax 3 though transmits on blue tooth...  sounds like a security issue to me

2 people like this

12 hours ago, Joey21 said:

Iv seen a few of these type vape things on eBay. I don’t know anything about vaping weed iv only every rolled joints but fancy giving it a try. 

So are these gunna work alright or are they abit cheap and crappy and put me off ? 

Cheers, Joe 

A Dynavap would give you something reminiscent of smoking for around the £40-50 mark. Going from the reviews, I doubt you will find anything a whole lot  better for less.

I wouldn't buy a £20 vape, sure it will likely produce vapor but it won't be a particularly good/clean first experience (i have had one). Also, within a year you will likely be needing a new one again anyway...

In the end I got fed up with my cheapo and treated myself to a Pax 2.

If funds allow treat yourself to some quality, you deserve it :)

Edited by stoned_ape
1 person likes this

£40 get's you a dynavap I think, they're shit hot!

2 people like this

A regular 20 quid vape will do nothing more than combust the flower, which defeats the purpose of vaping.

You have to spend money BUT, and this is the sneaky way, if you look on the likes of AliE you can find a return/refurb Grenco G-Pen Elite, with free shipping, for your £20 or so, and that is a decent "convection" vaper but the only issue I have with mine is the battery life.

There's nothing actually wrong with these return/refurbs, you get the entire kit in original packaging and I've had mine for over a year with, as I say, only the battery life being an issue.

It's fine for "on the go", but if you want to use a vaper more often at home then you really need to step up the spending a bit and/or buy a desktop  like an Arizer.

1 person likes this

If you want to use wax or shatter (or very good resin) then I would go for the Yocan evolve magneto XL plus. £32 from Amazon, quad coil, 1400mAH battery, charges from USB.

You put your wax directly on the coils, you control the heat by how long you press the button.

I have one and for the money it is great. You can get replacement coils from Ebay at about £6.50 for five.

It says it is suitable for dry herb but I would not use it for dry herb. It would burn the bottom of it and not heat the top.

1 person likes this

On 9/14/2018 at 9:25 AM, northern_soul said:

£40 get's you a dynavap I think, they're shit hot!

I keep harping on about them so I thought it was time to actually buy one.

I agree :soap: hot.

I can see it becoming my new weapon of choice :naughty:

The ritual is indeed enjoyable also.

I'm sure there is no finer vape for under £50 @Joey21

1 person likes this

Vivant alternate. Replaceable battery, adjustable temp. great little vape, around £80, get a spare battery and it will last all day for heavy toking. 

1 person likes this

I have a cloud v phantom the Mrs got me a few years ago. 

I never use it now as the solo 2 nails it but they are about £50 now and as an entry level vape it wasnt bad at all. Only drawback was at the top temp setting it would combust over vape the smoke and be harsh. 

All in all it worked well for the money though. 

1 person likes this

@stoned_ape I've tried quite a few and have only used the Dynavap since ownership. The ritual and the hit are what does it for me I think - closest thing to a spliff.

1 person likes this

Economical too! :D