Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vanilla Gorilla

Favorite 'SOIL' based nutrients

What are your favorite 'SOIL' based reliable go to nutrients that you swear by?

I'm currently using the BioBizz range with Maxicrop Original Seaweed, but with BioBizz its seemed easy to overfeed, so you have to keep them lite but i'm still not convinced by BioBizz. I've also tried DutchPro but didn't get on with these at all.

So i'm looking for an alternative nutrient regime to feed the Auto OG KUSH strain i've just acquired. Looking possibly into the Fox Farm, Plant Magic - Oldtimer Organic Grow Bloom, or Advanced Nutrients range but still undecided.

I'm interested to know what the seasoned farmers on here use to feed their autoflowers with successful results.

Edited by Vanilla Gorilla

Bone meal, fish meal, kelp, calcified seaweed, worm castings, frass.. 

1 person likes this

Do you mean compost? If not you should be amending the outdoor soil with manure/compost/chicken pellets and nature will do the rest

If you mean compost indoors, Biobizz is the dogs imho, and all nutes will overfert if you don`t use them properly

3 people like this

biobizz are ace... fish mix/grow, bloom, algamic, all ul ever need

personally i go for all 4 but if it says 2ml per litre grow i do 1ml of fish and 1ml of grow....seems to work...but beware, go easy on the bloom, its strong....

5 people like this

... double post :(

Edited by Inspiration101

Am using biobizz light mix for seedlings and vegging, a small handful of ecothrive charge, then home and garden bat mix special for flowering.

They have had 4 doses of biobizz fish mix and the same of biobizz bloom so far.

Six weeks into flower : large.5b5d65eb84772_tallestoldtimes.JPG

Less is more ;)

Edited by Inspiration101
7 people like this

46 minutes ago, Inspiration101 said:

Am using biobizz light mix for seedlings and vegging, a small handful of ecothrive charge, then home and garden bat mix special for flowering.

They have had 4 doses of biobizz fish mix and the same of biobizz bloom so far.

Six weeks into flower : 

Less is more ;)

Nice nug. I like the sound of the Bat Mix and ecothrive, do you transplant from lite mix into the bat mix as the plant comes into flower?

Once sexed and I know what is female, then I put them in the final pots.  Yea just straight over from light mix to batmix, no problems so far.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Vanilla Gorilla said:

do you transplant from lite mix into the bat mix as the plant comes into flower?

Before mate, about two weeks before final pots at least, I would be using full strength medium from the start and still pot up 3-4 times before flower

e2a,  would also be feeding after the first 4-5 days after each pot up, if not before

Edited by ratdog
3 people like this

@ratdog Yea mine went into the final pots and then had a while in veg before going into 12/12 as I wanted something closer to a tree than a plant.  I daresay more nutes can be added, I'm just tightfisted :D

1 person likes this

23 minutes ago, ratdog said:

Before mate, about two weeks before final pots at least, I would be using full strength medium from the start and still pot up 3-4 times before flower

e2a,  would also be feeding after the first 4-5 days after each pot up, if not before

I've got 2 big bags of biobizz all mix and lite... do you think i could mix it up with some bat mix to add that bit of guano nutrition without compromising the composition of the substrate or risk over feeding?

1 person likes this

Personally I would just buy a bag of H&G batmix.  Use each soil type for its defined purpose.  Mixing my own recipes is a road I no longer can be bothered to travel, so much easier with ready made organic soil.

1 person likes this