Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

calif123

Speed grow

39 posts in this topic
3 hours ago, calif123 said:

Where you using Hydro? I'm no expert but as the chaps above agree, from what I gather (and hope) hyrdo can get you to the flowering point faster...

Yeah running in hydro can speed up veg but with photo’s you are still looking at 3-4 weeks for maturity, sometimes longer. Its strain dependent. Hydro can only shave of so much.

Obviously, that is different for fast versions or auto’s.

I ran a pineapple express auto in a dwc & it coughed up just under three & a half oz’s in 55 days & that was while fighting of root rot!

I wouldn’t normally recommend autos as I don’t like the fact that you can’t clone of them but they have their uses when time is an issue.

1 person likes this

50 minutes ago, kushedy said:

I’ll take your word for it. I’ve only ever heard of a handful of photoperiod strains that will flip into flower within just a couple of weeks of veg.

Auto’s & the new fast versions which are part auto, yeah maybe but photoperiods generally won’t be mature enough to flower that quickly.

I still think the op would do better with an auto. He/she could pull anything from 2-4oz per plant in that time period from an auto.

If they can get that much with a photo in that time, fair play but I would be surprised.

that  depends on rootball size as well .with fems and regs dont go trying to fill and 11 litre pot with roots ..stick to 2-3 litre pots ..

take the pot noodle im doing ..exactly two months from seed ..bubbas gift ..just about done today ...also 12/12 why ? shorten the flowering light cycle can speed things up but of course yield will be affected ..

if you went fast version in a wicked airpot ..then you could easily get 2-4 per plant ..

theres 2 months from seed .done in coco with wicks ..auto this one is ..

large.DSCN0143.JPG.60718bdd5a9d063b02c8c

another just over the 2 month mark -

large.DSCN0183.JPG.5fbb3c095472288c30160

and another 

large.DSCN0047.JPG.1374a2865249bcacd6edf

you just have to adapt to what your expectations are and what you want to achieve ..im sure theres strains out there that can be done with no hassles ..like ive said ..take something like eva seeds 42 day sativa ..throw in a weeks worth of veg and flower ..

it aint for everyone to take that route though but .like i say ..it can be done but itll take a bit of working out 

3 people like this

26 minutes ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

that  depends on rootball size as well .with fems and regs dont go trying to fill and 11 litre pot with roots ..stick to 2-3 litre pots ..

take the pot noodle im doing ..exactly two months from seed ..bubbas gift ..just about done today ...also 12/12 why ? shorten the flowering light cycle can speed things up but of course yield will be affected ..

if you went fast version in a wicked airpot ..then you could easily get 2-4 per plant ..

theres 2 months from seed .done in coco with wicks ..auto this one is ..

large.DSCN0143.JPG.60718bdd5a9d063b02c8c

another just over the 2 month mark -

large.DSCN0183.JPG.5fbb3c095472288c30160

and another 

large.DSCN0047.JPG.1374a2865249bcacd6edf

you just have to adapt to what your expectations are and what you want to achieve ..im sure theres strains out there that can be done with no hassles ..like ive said ..take something like eva seeds 42 day sativa ..throw in a weeks worth of veg and flower ..

it aint for everyone to take that route though but .like i say ..it can be done but itll take a bit of working out 

In that case technically then we agree, fast version or auto is the way forward for the Op. I have heard of decreasing light cycles to speed up harvests etc. Never tried, not really necessary for me to do so. Experimenting will in the short-term decrease yields & in the long time once dialled in save at best days on a short flowering strain. Maybe a week & a bit on a longer flowering strain.

Can’t say I have intentionally tried or heard of restricting root growth via small pots to force maturity. The last lot I ran 12/12 from seed were in 1lt pots. They grew healthily but unfortunately did not mature any quicker than plants grown in larger size pots. Still took 4-5 weeks roughly before they flipped. As such I am not bothering with 12/12 from seed anymore. If I have time I veg out to maturity as a minimum to get the extra growth from the longer light cycle. If I ever need to grow bud in a short timeframe it will be an auto.

If you can make an 8-week flowering photoperiod strain germinate, sexually mature & actually complete (i.e. not cut down whilst still just covered in white pistils, solidly clear trichs) then more power to you.

You are the first person I have come across who has.

1 person likes this

aye i agree with you ..im just saying if you alter the way you do things you can achieve the goal in that time ..its not easy and as you say a lot of strains will take the veg side into accounts ..but there are lots of hybrid kush strains for example that dont need the veg period as some do ..

large.RSCN0432.JPG

this one is exactly 2 months today from seed ..and its looking just about matured ..

shop around for the right strains for the job at hand .

1 person likes this

Anyone who expects seed to finished bud in 50 days is smoking too much. 

4 people like this

12 minutes ago, Muppet said:

Anyone who expects seed to finished bud in 50 days is smoking too much. 

lol .how very dare you lol ..there is no such thing as too much lol .

2 people like this

1 hour ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

aye i agree with you ..im just saying if you alter the way you do things you can achieve the goal in that time ..its not easy and as you say a lot of strains will take the veg side into accounts ..but there are lots of hybrid kush strains for example that dont need the veg period as some do ..

large.RSCN0432.JPG

this one is exactly 2 months today from seed ..and its looking just about matured ..

shop around for the right strains for the job at hand .

Hard to agree or disagree with the Blurples on! That’s old school. Strain finishing times aside it may be time for you to treat yourself to an upgrade.

you paying ?

2 people like this

Yeah post the receipt on this thread & I'll reimburse you. I promise.