Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ratdog

Best tent company

30 posts in this topic

Also still a greens fan :yep:

1 person likes this

I have a Bud Box Pro white lined tent and have used it for roughly 18 months now - no complaints and quite reasonably priced too.

twoscoops :) 

1 person likes this

Went for the Green Cube in the end, I managed to get a 1.2 for £137 delivered, the 1m was about £30 more :wacko:

Now I just have to re-plan my bedroom layout lol but on the bright side I can easily fit two 315 reflectors in there and will have plenty of height to play with.

Thanks for all the help guys, I might have bought the gorilla tent otherwise which is what my local store stocks, but reviews are not good, especially on the quality of the zip which as you all know is one of the most important bits!

3 people like this

My tent arrived at 10 this morning, fuck me that`s the fastest thing I`ve ever had delivered lol awesome service, I wont spam though.

2 people like this

Let us know your thoughts when it's up mate @ratdog :)

1 person likes this

I bought a great little tent for 56 quid 1.4 x1.4 just shop around online. look at reviews

1 person likes this

On 7/9/2018 at 8:34 PM, Muppet said:

Mine had one pinhole and the zips are still light tight. The pink poles are an 'interesting' choice though!

you wouldn't notice the pink poles if your using Led lighting  lol

1 person likes this

double post

Edited by Joint hogger

I have a bud box pro, it's well made but gimmicky at the same time... for whatever reason they thought a stupid little green viewing window was better than a door on the right side. I've looked through that window once! It's a pain in the arse to access any plants on the right hand side. The socks are also weirdly placed and the doors on each end are totally pointless. These guys have been making tents for years too, you'd think they would know what they're doing by now. 

4 people like this

3 hours ago, Golden Syrup said:

Let us know your thoughts when it's up mate @ratdog :)

Well it seems well made, the poles while quite strong didn`t give the rigidity I`ve had with other tents but now it`s up and running I`m quite happy with it. Like other`s have said it`s got things in silly places but a bit of jiggery pokery and no real problems have been caused yet. I found it a dream to get the cover on, I put it on the wrong way round for access but it was super easy to turn it around.

My only issue is the lack of anything significant to bolt the controls too, they must know there`s a shit load of electrics to go in and need housing, but I got an old book shelf and drilled a couple of holes and tied it to a top bar and secured everything to that.

large.5b462435c7f95_newtent2.jpglarge.5b4624338dd80_newtent.jpg

3 people like this

is there no solid wall outside the tent you can screw a wood board to ?

1 person likes this

Not really mate, I ain`t house proud but I don`t want to be making more decoration work tbh, any way it`s done now, I`ll just get some metal clip to secure the board better, that will be fine.

I quite enjoy putting up a new tent and fitting it out, shame I can`t make a living out of supply and fitting

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Spitfire said:

I've looked through that window once!

I didn`t notice it at first but now you mention it I had another look and the velcro noise will be more than enough to stop me opening it at night when I will want to look the most, the zip is noisy enough, shame they can`t come up with another fastener.

if you hang the electrics outside the tent & you had to dismantle things in a hurry, all you'd be left with is a few holes to fill, two wooden batten screwed to the wall horizontally & the board screws onto the batton's.

It would be very unlikely mate, I "own" my gaff and don`t have many visitors who go in that room.