Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sarahnya

Which Version of Northern Lights is Best

19 posts in this topic

Discuss, I had no idea the different strains were quite different until I read some reviews today 

Northern lights is just a name for selling seeds now IMO

Owd

4 people like this

5 minutes ago, Owderb said:

Northern lights is just a name for selling seeds now IMO

Owd

So is there no true Northern Lights so to speak?  I'm growing the Royal Queen ones but they are 100% Indica according to their site.  I read the original has some sort of haze in there too

bodhi and greenpoint do some old nl#5 crosses using old clones from sensi seeds (?)  / old school genetics i think 

there are also a few nl#1 crosses out there too 

dominion seeds might be worth a look 

2 people like this

swami's  nl#5 / haze is something i want to  try and get in my next seed order, that is supposed to be really strong medicine 

4 people like this

Peak seeds or bcsc are good so are dr atomics:skin_up:

2 people like this

ive tried nirvanas northern lights, but the early aurora indica from nirvana was much better i thought, cheap too, get the regular seeds tho, fems aint as good as there regs. 

the aurora indica is a hybrid of afghan x northern lights. and is a strong smoke, with a hashy fruity flavor. :yinyang:

allso the original n/lights called aurora borealis from kulu/ nirvana are spose to be the og n/light. i know panik had some on his website have a look if any left. realgorilla seeds

2 people like this

Thanks for the replies. I'm gonna try a few sativa dominant strains and then return to try a few variations of this just out of curiosity! 

Hello

I have grow the "Original" Northern Light from Sensi a few years ago and the outcome was extremely disappointing.:no:

I bought the seeds in Amsterdam, in their official seed store.  I germinated them 6 months later but only 4 out of 10 sprouted. (I usually get at least a 95% success rate).

One turned out to be a male and the 3 others which I thought were female, ended up with nanners only 3 weeks into flowering.

That's not all, the plants didn't look indica at all. they streched like crazy (X4) and had some very thin sativa-like leaflets.

130 euros for a seed-pack like that is nothing but hype in my opinion.

If I were to look for the real northern lights IBL, I would definitely try another seedbank. 

From what I heard, bodhi collects and keeps many old school strains. It could be interesting to look into it. :yep:

1 person likes this

peakseeds bc , ran this a few times very good. hes had this strain since 1991. 

price and genetics top notch.

sam

1 person likes this

Always hear about Mr Nices Ortega being the one nowadays. Only going on what I heard so don't complain if disappointed.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Which Version of Northern Lights is Best

I've yet to see an improvement on the Renaissance version...

Edited by Billy2Hats
4 people like this

Coastal Seeds have a few nl1 crosses out, maybe I should have said had

BB

2 people like this

As @Owderb mentions above, true /genuine Northern Lights vanished donkeys years ago......

Plenty of crosses around with other diluted crosses of NL chucked in the mix but nothing even close. It’s just a name now to sell seeds to people who want a bit of nostalgia, same as 99.9% of old Dutch strains.....

The Dutch scene got ruined years ago, none of the oldschool strains are true, or even close to what the original strains were.

1 person likes this

Dinafem do one which is called industrial plant 

got one in veg, ready to flip in a week

1 person likes this