Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
syry

re veg after harvest

hi, can anyone point me in the direction of any previous threads about putting a cropped plant back into veg? I have 2 phenos that I am really happy with that are too far into flower to take a cutting from, they are from a pack of 10 dinafem industrial all 10 sprouted, I kept the 4 most compact back, I have 1 that has stayed short, stout fast and heavy that is forming really well and another that is taller but again very fast and looks to be a very good producer, thanks

Good luck.

I've attempted re-veg several times mostly without success. It only works with plants that are very photoreceptive, meaning they are quick to react to day length changes. It's especially hard to do without cropping earlier than you would have liked, if the plant has reached senescence and is slow to react to day length changes then it's really quite difficult. In my experience the larger the plant, the harder it is to persuade back into vegetative growth which I suppose makes sense given there would be more of any given hormone present in the plant which may stop it from revegging. It's due to this that many of us simply clone anything we have via force of habit, in duplicate if necessary, to negate having to waste resources in an attempt to get healthy shoots to reclone. Some say that once a plant has been revegged then it won't have quite the same growth habits/form and from my own experiences although minimal as I've stated I've had little success rejuvenating after bloom, I have found that to be true, whether plants get stuck only throwing 3 bladed leaves (quite common after even partial reveg) or become floppy with too close an internodal spacing for the plant to grow any real structure, I have seen some adverse results.

after a quick re-read of your post, it seems you've got 2 phenotypes, from seed, but that you have more than one plant of each phenotype.. that suggests that you wouldn't have too much trouble finding similar or even better phenotypes in another pack of seeds.

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, The lone stoner said:

after a quick re-read of your post, it seems you've got 2 phenotypes, from seed, but that you have more than one plant of each phenotype.. that suggests that you wouldn't have too much trouble finding similar or even better phenotypes in another pack of seeds.

no mate, I kept back the 4 best lookers, threw away the ones I didn't like the look of,

2 of the ones I kept went medium/tall, loose bud, average flower time, 1 is heavier than the others. the 2 I am considering re vegging are both solid hard buds, very quick flowerers and the yield looks good, one of them is short, stocky and very indica/cheesy looking, wide leaves and thick stems, the other 1 I want to keep is taller, slender leaves but again, a good yield and fast, both smell different too

iv taken clones from a dinafem critical jack halfway through flower and they rooted fine. it stalled the growth somewhat changing from 12/12 to 18/6 but the cuttings are monsters now. from 6 i ended up with 5.

1 person likes this

I've done a reveg once so no expert in the slightest but the one I did did great all I did to reveg her was leave the bottom shit bits that r just a pain in the arse to strip any how n lots of the bottom leafs on her n she reveged a treat under 24hr constant light n it was a half broken T5 seedling light