Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

JAPE

2.4 x 1.2 tent diaries completed

I'm going to buy myself a green qube tent 2.4 X 1.2 , spent most of yesterday looking through the diary section looking for completed diaries using the same size tent, managed to only find about 2/3 diaries and that's after getting to page 102 in the diary section lol going back that far half the pictures are missing in the diaries too. Can anybody point me to some completed diaries using these size tents? Just wanna see what lights and extraction people are using and what yields I'm to expect. I've looked but no luck at all.

1 person likes this

All depends on what type of lighting you want to use but for me its an 8" out 6" in. 2x600w hps with a cmh 315 as a supplement. Done right 50oz+

Owd

3 people like this

Exactly what I was thinking apart from I was gunna whack 600hps and 1000hps rotating them, would I still get away with 8 inch in 6 out? Get a fan controller too. Thinking 8 plants veg for 6 weeks 50 ounce would be what I'd be aiming for.

1 person likes this

In winter you may well get away with 2x1000w. You can always use the 1000w dimmable lights and turn them down in the warmer months

You dont need any bigger fans for a tent that size no matter what lighting you use

Owd

1 person likes this

Sweet! Thanks for your input, would still like a few diaries to look at if anyone knows of any???

1 person likes this

14 minutes ago, Owderb said:

In winter you may well get away with 2x1000w. You can always use the 1000w dimmable lights and turn them down in the warmer months

You dont need any bigger fans for a tent that size no matter what lighting you use

Owd

would I be right in thinking you're on about the higher powered rvk 200 L1? 8 inch outtake

ive run a few 2.4 by 1,2s over the years, with just 2 x 600 hps and once used the lower powered 8 iinch fan. 

it coped for 3/4 of the year, but I hadto put a L1 in in the summer.cos it couldn't keep the temps below 30.

it also depends where your tent is located. mine was iinside in my spare room, vented thru the loft, and with a 6 inch (lower powered A1) intake. if its in a garage, I reckon the lower output would cope year round, because it will be cooler to start with.

I now oversize my fans/ filters and run them off a controller, as much as to keep the noise down a bit as anything. and I know I will never run out of extraction. 

Spare room 3 floor flat venting into the attic, I'd get the higher power one and put them on a fan controller.

1 person likes this

Like you said it all depends on where you get your fresh air from and where you extract to but in summer just about everyone suffers with high temps no matter what fans they have. If its 20 degrees and muggy then thats what you are bringing in. Couple that with the heat of the lamps and I would say if you got it to 30 you've done pretty well. I have temps warmer than that if it gets really warm outside but my plants are sound

Ive got two box fans at the mo on controllers but have used rvk's in the past with no probs. Theres only so far you need to go

Owd

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Owderb said:

All depends on what type of lighting you want to use but for me its an 8" out 6" in. 2x600w hps with a cmh 315 as a supplement. Done right 50oz+

Owd

Can't agree more. I think anything more than that in that space is OTT lol 6 x CMH can do 70~ oz in the same space with the same extraction too :yinyang: 

1 person likes this

Be happy with 50 don't want to be too greedy lol think it's gunna be 8 inch extraction high power and 6 inch intake lower power on fan controller, 2 metre parabolics 600w hps with dimmable ballast and a 1000w hps rotating in flower. 8 12 litre pots vegged for 6 weeks lst them to death, should hit my 50 ounce mark. @Golden Syrup read through your diary mate, great diary! Running like a Swiss watch.