Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
badbillybob

isle of man tt

24 posts in this topic

Another sad sad day 

William Dunlop killed in crash at Skerries 100 road races

Sharethis page
William Dunlop
William Dunlop was a winner at the North West 200 and Ulster Grand Prix road races

Northern Ireland motorcycle racer William Dunlop has been killed in an incident at the Skerries 100 road races in County Dublin on Saturday.

Dunlop, 32, was taking part in practice for the event when the crash happened.

The Ballymoney man was a member of the renowned Dunlop family and was a winner at the North West 200 and Ulster GP.

William's father Robert died as a result of an accident at the North West 200 in 2008, while his uncle Joey was killed in a crash in Estonia in 2000.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/northern-ireland/44754057

1 person likes this

Absolute fekin grim but died doing what they love best... Sad day indeed ..

1 person likes this

saw this last night & was a bit shocked tbh, Rip William Dunlop.

1 person likes this

We had a minute's silence up at Knockhill today as a tribute.

RIP William.

Bio

:(

1 person likes this

Aye, I saw this earlier....very sad. Brave folk those road racers. On the very edge, all the time.

RIP William Dunlop. :yep:

1 person likes this

Sad news indeed. Rip

Quite the family 

Next year will be my first TT. I'm more excited than a kid at Christmas. I can't wait. Ferry tickets sold out in a couple if hours. 

2 people like this

im sure you will have an absolute blast Blackpoolbouncer.

Its one thing watching the youtube vids and the duke dvd's, but I guarantee you will be absolutely blown away by the sheer speed of them, its feckin unbelievable, honestly. I used to think I was reasonably quick on the road, but now realise that I am in fact a slug, with lethargy, on downers!

Agree with the above sentiments about William Dunlop.

What a sad day for his family......, his missus just gave birth to his child a couple of months ago. 

But what we must also remember is that he died doing something which he knew the risks of, and he chose to take them on for the ultimate adrenaline rush. But its no good when the ultimate price is paid.....no good at all......

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

Sad news indeed. Rip

Quite the family 

Next year will be my first TT. I'm more excited than a kid at Christmas. I can't wait. Ferry tickets sold out in a couple if hours. 

RIP Billy.

My mate raced his first this year.  He's been doing the Manx for a fair years but this was his first proper TT.  Me and a couple of the other lads who are all close like, well we shit bricks for him every year... but he fucking luvs it, would kill him as much to stop I think.

And that's the mentality of all them boys they ain't going out there to die they're going to win, but it ain't for the feint hearted I know!

He been on to me to go with him for years.  

Next years shaping up to be the one though, for lots of reasons.. 

So with a bit of luck maybe see you there BB!

4 people like this

Wishing everyone a good and safe week.

https://amrrc.com/news/

Never seen a year as bad as this thank fuck the Mount was cancelled.