Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

bazil brush

cornish pasties

96 posts in this topic
20 hours ago, stu914 said:

then proceeds to remove a couple of teeth when you bite into it...........:puke::puke::puke:

I would think a couple of dabs of superglue would sort that out for you nowadays                    ....................................woosh I'm gone

2 people like this

26 minutes ago, the lone deranger said:

@Saddam You would eat my crusts mate :yep: 

I admire your confidence lol The crusts tend to lose their lustre after I've manhandled the pasty with dirty, oily hands.

Your recipe looks great though mate :wub: I'll definitely have a bash at making some of those. 

2 people like this

@Saddam wash your bloody hands dude lol 

Let us know how they come out if you make them. I'll have an oven soon, I'll get some pics next time I make them :yep: 

1 person likes this

I usually buy pasties when I'm working on cars, they're kinda made for the job. :chef:   

2 people like this

Fair doo's @Saddam

I've started wearing disposable gloves when working on my car. Lost a few Eco points but saves me from smoking oily joints and having to eat crap pies with a big crust... Erm, I mean pasties.

lol 

1 person likes this

One of my customers puts on rubber gloves to eat his food, when I told him my cooking really wasn't that bad,

he replied that having his hands down drains all day made it far safer than trying to get them clean every time he was hungry.

:oldtoker:

3 people like this

Back on topic.. @bazil brush I've been meaning to write to you mate. Sorry to hear you are still struggling with your eating. 

I know your pain dude. 

I havn't eaten properly for 10 months now. Lucky to get one decent meal in a week. I'm an active guy. And I've always been a big eater.

I have always had Erratic eating patterns due to depression/mania, but I've always eaten massive main meals (giant pasties lol ) to make up for not eating regularly. 

Not any more :sadwalk:

I've had that knotty, tight, sicky stomach for 10 months now. Too hungry to eat. No desire to cook/eat even though all I want to do is fecking eat. 

It's a proper head fuck. 

Thought I'd cracked it a couple of times but slipped straight back to this situation. 

Got to the point where I would throw up if I ate any more than a few mouthfuls :doh: 

doc gave me tablets that help with excess stomach acid and stop the gag reflex (both from the stomach shrinking so much) and they definitly helped (I'll find out they're called when I get home).

But I'm in a very bad routine now. And it's hard to break.

I stopped buying food because I was wasting so much and I've been skint over this time. 

Natural yogurt seems to help. I can usually eat more after eating some yogurt.

Having said all that, the last 5 days I seem to have had a breakthrough. Been visiting friends and family for a week. The change of routine, combined with other people's normal routine and regular eating has been good.

Started small, but regular meals. Fruit, yogurt and nuts for breaky, then whatever's been put in front of me. After a few days, I'm struggling to keep up with my stomach expanding again lol need a constant supply of fruit to keep up. 

I just hope hope I can keep it going when I get home. 

I hope you're ok mate, and get past it soon. It's been a killer. 

Feel free to pm me if you wana chat about it, or just have a good rant about it :yep: 

1 person likes this

@the lone deranger shit man, you just described me

1 person likes this

@bazil brush I know mate.. Been meaning to get in touch after reading your words befor. 

I know you've mentioned depression, could there be the opposite going on too? Mania? 

What fucks me up most is the mix of the two. 

Anyway, 

Fruit smoothies with natural yogurt was my saviour. 

Have you been to the docs mate? 

2 people like this

On 25/05/2018 at 4:21 PM, TheHashasin said:

Oggies! :smokin:

oggies or tillies ..thats cornish pasties .

2 people like this

Lone Deranger  has got it right, that's pasties as I remember them.  The veg was usually sliced small and thin rather than diced and the beef left in chunks to help retain juiciness and not get dry and tough.  Maybe a good sprinkling of black pepper but nothing else, definitely no carrot or any other veg whatsoever at all ever no exceptions no way and that's that.

The version with the dessert at one end was what the miners were supposed to eat and I never heard of anyone eating baking or selling one. Turnips are often called swede ( caulis get called broccoli which they very nearly are botanically like turnips and swede) . The oldest known pasty baker is just the wrong side of the river but Devon used to be in Cornwall anyway so nobody's that bothered.

2 people like this

@Sasquatch didn't know you had pirate roots too :pugwash:

hope you're well mate. 

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, the lone deranger said:

@bazil brush I know mate.. Been meaning to get in touch after reading your words befor. 

I know you've mentioned depression, could there be the opposite going on too? Mania? 

What fucks me up most is the mix of the two. 

Anyway, 

Fruit smoothies with natural yogurt was my saviour. 

Have you been to the docs mate? 

yeh, i get depression but also what may be like mania, the depression is pretty classic, loss of function i get really blank and cant seem to do anything, the mania side is mental overload, brain just analyses everything and wont shutup, im seeing the shrink, he's pretty cool, diagnosed me with aspergers.

3 people like this

26 minutes ago, bazil brush said:

diagnosed me with Asperger's syndrome.

Welcome to the club. :hug:   Do you have a super power?

3 people like this

18 hours ago, stu914 said:

One of my customers puts on rubber gloves to eat his food, when I told him my cooking really wasn't that bad,

he replied that having his hands down drains all day made it far safer than trying to get them clean every time he was hungry.

:oldtoker:

I eat my dinner with dirty hands - though if i worked down drains I’d be going the glove route lol eating abit of general dirt/grime is good for your immune system imo.

4 people like this