Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

vortex

first 4 out

73 posts in this topic
17 hours ago, vortex said:

so what do you think folks ...??   leave them //// chop them ....?

will the mold spread  to the whole bud ?????

It will spread if you leave it, but it sounds too early to chop. I would try to control it. Dig into every bud and remove every piece of rot you can find. Spend ages checking all the buds. You'll miss tiny bits but should find all the more established areas. Get back as often as you can until harvest and repeat

2 people like this

9 minutes ago, Oafman said:

It will spread if you leave it, but it sounds too early to chop. I would try to control it. Dig into every bud and remove every piece of rot you can find. Spend ages checking all the buds. You'll miss tiny bits but should find all the more established areas. Get back as often as you can until harvest and repeat

thank you for the  very helpful answer mate ... i will try to get  down there and use a small pair of scissors to remove the affected bits .....

1 person likes this

well i popped back to the plot today  armed with  some scissors ... ive taken  some pics of the mold  and to show how  long you pros think is left before i can crop ( if theres anything left )

have to say that the buds ,,,  tho  covered in mold   still felt VERY sticky indeed ... cut out  as best as i could  so im keeping my fingers crossed for now .... how long  do you think is left on them please ??

heres a few pics of the mold before i  trimmed  it out ...

large.5bb1f79438cea_mold640x480.jpglarge.5bb1f79e97e97_mold2640x480.jpglarge.5bb1f7a4f1173_mold3640x480.jpgthanks ....

1 person likes this

probably another 3 weeks on it maybe? You really need a new plot, i made the same mistake my first 2 years of picking a plot deep in the woods surrounded by trees with very little sunlight. Plants stretch like fuck, barely grow and get mould prone. Basically everything that you're experiencing. Try find a ew plot next year thats more open to sunlight, top of a hill or a south facing slope.

3 people like this

well i popped along to the guerilla mountain plot this afternoon as its lovely sunshine ....  getting closer i could hear the sound of  heavy machinary ............  yep ...  fekin loggers there AGAIN     literally 60 meters away from the plot but  clearing up, and not chopping down ... getting a bit too bloody close now !!!!

got into the plot to find  one DFG had more mold  ... which i removed ... the 2nd has a little bit but no where near as much ... spent half an hour   trying to clean them up as best  as i could ....  critical sour still going but no  hairs as yet ... and the  dinamed  and  lemon juice express  are in bud but small ... no mold on them yet tho   thank heavens ... theres a few runty plants there too but not up to much or worth  photographing ....  the buds that are there are sticky and smell lovely ...  the lemon juice expess   has a lovely cirtus aroma   and the critical  sour has a kind of earthy smell to her ....   dfg smells like  a  fuel type of aroma  but nice .......large.5bbe099c7a5dc_loggersgettingcloser.jpglarge.5bbe09a30ebd0_L.J.Einbud640x480.jpglarge.5bbe09ae4edc9_dinamedinbudbutsmall.jpglarge.5bbe09b59c2a2_dfgwithmoldon640x480.jpglarge.5bbe09c2e84ac_criticalsourgettingthere640x480.jpglarge.5bbe09ca15546_2nddfg640x480.jpg

so there ya have it  folks  latest update on my last plot .....  PLEASE  look at the pics  and  let me know how long left on them bu the looks of them   as  im seriously  paniking  the fekin logers  will  destroy this plot too .....  i think perhaps  2 weeks ?

what do you  pros think ?

thank you  for your help ....

3 people like this

It's hard to tell from the pics. I can't even make out the pistils really. But they don't seem to be dropping many leaves (unless you removed everything yellow/brown), so maybe still a little while yet

1 person likes this

Popped to the guerilla mountain plot today and was  pleased to see the ladies had survived last weeks storms .... they were blown a bit sideways  and a few well positioned sticks    sorted that out ... the LEMON JUICE EXPRESS  and the DFG  had a bit more mold which i removed ... the DFG  have taken on a lovely deep purple  colour  and the hairs are sterting to go orange ... brought a  loupe with me and the tricombs are  still milky   by the looks of them  ....  DINAMEDS  are also full of popcorn buds  and green  so i dont know what best to do ? ...

critical sour has   loads of little popcorn buds  but no actual cola to speak of  and no orange hairs yet .....  the couple of autos i have left are  popcorn stuff too  but  better than  sod all i suppose .....

i tried to take a few closer pics this time so you pros can tell me how long you think before i harvest  as its getting a bit late in the year ... colder and wetter by the week  here ...

thanks for any help and  enjoy the pics folks ...:yep:

large.5bc72b6dad494_thegirls640x480.jpglarge.5bc72b603ebcc_LJEMOLD640x480.jpglarge.5bc72b56c3e50_DFGpurplepheno640x480.jpglarge.5bbe09ca15546_2nddfg640x480.jpglarge.5bc72b4f446b2_budscriticalsour640x480.jpg

4 people like this

HARVESTED  THIS MORNING !!!!!!!

went too the last remaining plot this morning ... still bucketing down with rain  and has been for   well over a week .....

got to the plot soaked to the skin armed with  some ziploc bags, trimming scissors  and a smile ....

the smile soon faded tho folks ....  my 2  DFG  were TOTALLY  moulded on every bud .... DINAMED was the same .... i managed to salvage some popcorn buds from the LEMON JUICE EXPRESS...  and popped them in the ziploc bag .....

my last surviving  CRITICAL SOUR   was the best for this year ... she had some mold on the lower buds but the top wasent too bad so i  cot the top and took off the biggest fan leaves and she went into another zip bag ....

i cleared the site and packed away the neting ... poles etc etc  and headed home soaked to the bones ... freezing cold and  gutted to of not only lost a full plot to the bloody loggers,  but my back up plot was in a bad site .... i  hung the salvaged buds in the little box i made that has a 150w led for seedlings for next season to get them started a bit earlier  and has a fan and filter in it too ... so hopefully  they will dry and get  put in jars soon .......

im SURE  the plants would of done amazing if i had a plot with more sun, but as i say ... this was the back up plot .....

LESSON LEARNED .... i dont blame the seeds whatsoever as they grew well and healthy... it was my position of the site that knackered it up  .. limited sun ... too much shade  ............

so a MASSIVE  thank you to PANIK  rgsc ...... mark from DINAFEM  and the good folks from  FEMALE SEEDS   for allowing me to attempt  a grow and do a diary for them  and i can only apologise  for the crap results this year ......

its been blowing a gale and henting down with rain  for as far as i can remember here ...  which certainly dident help matters ...but its no excuse.... 

so folks thats this years grow diary  finished  and i  will end up with probably   1/2 oz  if im lucky  ... but its been fun  and im happy to of  done a little diary  for you all to read  ( and probably laugh at  lol )

i will pop up a smoke report on the little i managed to salvage when its all dry and cured ...

so till next 420 folks   when i start it all over again .......take care  and KEEP GROWING

heres the final pics from the plot from today .....

large.5be44b405ab3b_DFGruined640x480.jpglarge.5be44b323e97d_dinamedruined640x480.jpglarge.5be44b4c80c9c_criticalkush.jpglarge.5be44b531a495_popcornbud640x480.jpglarge.5be44b5cdfd4d_dryingout640x480.jpg

4 people like this

5 hours ago, vortex said:

diary  finished

We all learn from mistakes mate

The year before last was my first attempt but don't class it as so as it was the time I joined uk420, read loads on here and thoughts I had time to start seeds and plant out in August (Muppet)

Bought frisian dew auto and got a few free seeds like cheesus and something else, planted them out and some died and the ones that didn't grew a few inches and rotted.

Had about 3 grams.  lol

So last year I done it all properly after reading nearly every outdoor diary and threads.

Ended with about 15oz and this year got 35oz so getting better year on year.

Stick to it mate, you'll get there. :yep:

6 people like this

You might not have grown the best buds this year, but you will have grown in knowledge through the experience ready for an incredible season next year. It’s all about those S’s - Sun, Soil, Security, Seeds = Smoke. Also, the more graft you put in, the more bud you’ll get for less graft each year you do.   

6 people like this

thanks lads .....   :yep:

1 person likes this

well its dry ish so ive popped it into a glass kilner jar .... looks to be about half an oz i recon ... after the ammount of mold this year ,  i suppose its better than nothing ...  same time next year folks ....

large.5bf344507bbda_jar640x480.jpg

4 people like this

Have you got a vape ? The flavours will come through much better and you can then eat the abv for max efficiency. Hope you enjoy your harvest and find an ideal plot that’s harvest next year will blow you away. 

3 people like this