Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Casey Jones

Portable BHO DAB Rig Pen Vape?

40 posts in this topic

@Casey Jones

Cheers for that, seems like a nice device.

I'm more looking for a basic e-cig that copes with the bho mixes, be it terpene or pegs.

I did buy an all in one pen that was supposed to do bho. Thing had a tiny battery and I got maybe three dabs from it.

I think the bho mixed with terpenes is better for your health as its just vapour as opposed to combustion.

That said, you use far less bho and smoke less.

I'm with you on the keeping off the bho in the daytime. Its lethal stuff :)

One last thing, best clean it before taking it through customs.

1 person likes this

@stickyblack So you're using one or the other, not both at the same time? I'm new to this portable dabbing. Please explain.

On 24/05/2018 at 7:34 PM, Casey Jones said:

Well my Hypnos Zero arrived yesterday and I've got to say I'm really pleased with it. I've been using it tonight and I'm mashed tbh, more than I would be with my small Chongz oil rig, but I've only been dabbing since last summer. The Dio Atomizer gives me bigger clouds than my small rig, but I've only tried the standard ceramic bowl once, and I didn't find it anywhere near as good as the dio atmoizer, but I'm still getting used to it. It will be perfect for travelling as it's so small and discreet. I don't want to be getting bolloxed in the day, it's only really for use in the evenings. I would say from use so far it's really great with the dio, but not good for clouds or hits on the standard atomizer. Also there is much less waste than a rig. A great purchase and I shall be taking it out on Saturday night for the Champions League final.

Glad to hear you're getting on well with it, it is a decent little pen and IMO about as discreet as you can get.

The Dio atomizer looks cool too, may have to get one myself! :)

:yinyang:

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Well I've had the Linx Hypnos Zero since May and now I don't use anything else. I bought the DAB storm back in June, but I didn't like it at all. The O ring would scratch the side of the glass mouthpiece, taking the top layer off, and get stuck in the mouthpiece. eventually the mouthpiece broke and I sent it back and got a full refund. the hits and clouds are nowhere are good as with the Hypzos Zero with the Dio Atomizer. The standard ceramic bowl isn't that great, but the Dio Atomizer is excellent. I've learned over the last few months that 130F/55C is the best temp for me to make oil, so that I can roll it to make the size of doses that I need.

I'm going travelling next month so got the Puffco Prism XL to take with me, which let's the user separate their concentrate into oil and comes with a loading tool which fits neatly in the silicone case to easily load and not overfill the chamber.  A little pricey at £18, but there is nothing else like it on the market (there is a smaller Puffco Prism ) so I had to pay or not have it, but It's a one off purchase so it will prove to be money well spent as It's so convenient, especially when travelling.

Here's the kit, including powerbank that I plan to take away with me

Edited by Casey Jones
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

large.20180812_130440_crop_552x516.jpg

Love my hypnos zero. I've lined the case in silicon from an old baking tray as the felt fibres stick to the dab tool. Stupid design imo. I also bent the dab tool, I grab a bit then heat the stem briefly with a lighter. As the heat conducts down the rosin beads up and you can drip it precisely onto the middle ceramic button.

I've found cleaning it a ballache but contrary to manufacturers advice found no problem leaving it submerged in iso for a few hours. Prefer the ceramic coil for flavour, second to none I reckon.. Plus I resent paying that much for the dual quartz "dio" coil. I can get 10 dual quartz coils for my yocan torch for that money.... 

Edited by FarmerPalmersNT
2 people like this

Well I went to Paris last week. Having the vape with me made my trip much more enjoyable as I didn't have the shits for a couple of days, my appetite was normal and my mood was better. You can pretty much blow the vapour in someone's face and they don't know what it is, and also load it and nobody bats an eyelid. An essential travel tool for me from now on. I'm never going to the middle east though.

Edited by Casey Jones
1 person likes this

My Mrs has a Hypnos zero, it does the job but she prefers the hit off her Mr bald T, which fits her normal vape, but both very good bits of kit. 

1 person likes this

The Mr Bald seems to be quite popular amongst dmt users too.

2 hours ago, Fry said:

The Mr Bald seems to be quite popular amongst dmt users too.

I've borrowed one of those for oil. Works quite well if you've got nothing else but no temp control or anything can be hit and miss. I'll have to try it with some pixie dust!

1 person likes this

38 minutes ago, monkeypig said:

I've borrowed one of those for oil. Works quite well if you've got nothing else but no temp control or anything can be hit and miss. I'll have to try it with some pixie dust!

My Mrs uses it with an ijoy captain, works well because it cuts off at 10 seconds, which is usually about the right heat at 20w. 

Im not sure if she’s tried deems on it yet, but will suggest it.