Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Future

Electric

20 posts in this topic

Im thinking about putting a couple of trees in my spare room. I was wondering how many of you rig electric/ how many lights can i get away with without rigging?? :fart:

Do yourself a favour - don't rig your electricity. 

So long as your meter is not a wifi enabled SMART unit, you can easily get away with 5kw in lighting on the meter - just pay your bill on time....

Stupid question how do I know if my smart metre is Wi-Fi or not. It was installed when I brought the house?

Stupid question how do I know if my smart metre is Wi-Fi or not. It was installed when I brought the house?

It's SIM card thank God!

So 5 kilowatt equals what in lighting.

One 400 watt HPS??

You'd be better to try and work out the space you'll be using for your "trees" from that you can see what your floor space is (how many square feet) the guidance with HPS was to aim for approx 50w per square foot.  There's a calculator tool on this site which will allow you to put in lights etc and cost of electricity per KWH or whatever it is.  When adding up your electric count everything used not just the lights and this should give you a rough amount of what it'll cost.

9 minutes ago, Future said:

So 5 kilowatt equals what in lighting.

One 400 watt HPS??

5000 Watts

2 people like this

lol 5kw is 5000w . 1kw is a thousand watts. 

its mostly to do with how many rooms the place is. ie if using a 3 bed house and want to put a room on, then normaly its about a thousand watts per room you can use without getting noticed for excess usage, ive grew indoors for years with a 2kw grow on. that's without what the place uses for general living. never had them say a thing in over 10 years, just pay your bill on time and youl be fine. :yinyang:

2 people like this

5000 watt ÷ 400 watt hps = 12.5 lights 

Is this right?? 

Maths :thumbdown:

So really one light to plants is no problem at all!?!?!?

1 person likes this

22 minutes ago, Future said:

3 minutes ago, Future said:

Is this right?? 

look at the meter - write down the model number, and google it - it should tell you instantly. 

one light is no big deal, unless you put it in a room with no curtains lol

6 minutes ago, Future said:

Is this right?? 

you got to take into consideration fans and heaters as well mate 

its stealing the leccy that brings it on top most the time if using a rigged place. best to always pay the bill. 

5kw is more than enough for a Percy grow. Now I understand!

i burn a 600hps use a aircon when needed summer and winter fans on 24/7, i'm an oap with previous conviction for growing and nobody bothers me because my elec/gas is near £50 week

its the heat the lights give off that you have to think about. a 2 x 600w hps room or tent would need a 8 inch rvk fan to extract the heat from 2 x 600w hps. 

so 5 plus lights your gonna need a big fan, plus lots of fresh air coming in, to cool the room, and feed air to the plants. 

Really what I'm looking at is 

1 light 

1 filter 

1 tent 

2 plants 

Small grow really not for finanial gain