Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
redbeard

From cannabis on every corner to rampant ice abuse: One town's shocking slide into hard drug use after locals turned a blind eye to marijuana dealers - and now people are 'dying in the street'

Posted (edited)

I'm on phone too mate or I'd paste it. I knew it would be about aus just by reading the headline. Cannabis and ice in the same sentence, only one country calls them both that. US would be marijuana and ice/maybe meth, here they would say skunk and crystal meth. The Aussies have a big thing for this ice now, most horror stories of it are from some madhead In Aussie. Thailand is supposed to be the biggest for it apparently.

Edited by Conspiranought

Thailand has yaba but source of all these problems is China if there not supplying them, their providing the gear to make it.

3 people like this

For years, Australians and tourists alike would flock to a laneway in the north of NSW, where cannabis was sold in the open, and sometimes even given away. 

But a string of high-profile arrests in 2015 and 2016 ended the trade, which saw Nimbin locals grow and sell kilograms of the intoxicating plant every day.

Now, the northern town is plagued with ice and other drugs, with people overdosing and dying on the streets, and the police are powerless to stop it. 

Michael Balderstone, the President of the Hemp Embassy in Nimbin, says outsiders have come into the town to peddle amphetamines and other chemical drugs - but it wouldn't be happening if marijuana was legalised. 

His comments come as Greens leader Richard DiNatale announced the party's plan to legalise cannabis for adult use. He says the current criminalisation of the drug drives people towards the dangerous black market

Dozens of men, known as the 'Lane Boys' were arrested and charged in 2015 and 2016 over their roles in the widespread dealing of cannabis in Nimbin. In February, many of them were jailed or handed suspended sentences, and most were banned from returning to the town.

Mr Balderstone said having the men removed from the town has opened a vacancy now being filled by outsiders with no ties to the locals.

'Taking [the Lane Boys] out of Nimbin has left a huge hole, being filled by outsiders who don't have the same respect for the community, and a lot of kids who are less afraid of going to jail, who have less respect for the system,' he said.  

'We've now got random people dealing all sorts of drugs. There's a whole different attitude.' 

Mr Balderstone says things have changed for the worse in the small northern town, with drug paraphernalia, signs of addiction and overdoses becoming commonplace.

'To a certain extent the cannabis market has now been taken over by other drugs,' he said.

'A lot of users are poly-drug users, they'll take whatever is around, they're just looking to alter their outlook.

'Needles are more prevalent around town. We've had a few overdoses, quite a few dead in the last 12 months - definitely more than we were having before [the lane boys' operation was dismantled].

'I certainly know there have been deaths in the street in public.'  

1 hour ago, redbeard said:

Thailand has yaba but source of all these problems is China if there not supplying them, their providing the gear to make it.

Spot on there mate....it's why the fiasco over here and our man's best new buddies looks dodgy as to me! China has taken the drugs market over in these parts I reckon. Sounds like a conspiracy but I think the Pres has sold out his nation for a lot of coin to allow the Chinese in with it...just my 2 pesos

1 person likes this

Numbing used to be such a cool place where you'd be able to get a bag of weed and a mushroom shake easie and quickerr than a beer and bacon butty. Shame it's turned to shit but even in the 90s it was in the grip of heroin, while there's prohibition there'll be illegal drugs.

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, redbeard said:

Yea I'm sure it's meth and caffeine in pills iirc. China are apparently making most of the fentanyl and synthetic cannabinoid shite too. Aum Shinrikyo crosses my mind when it comes to all these mad chemical drugs (although they were Japanese, they extended and who knows what they could be up to now).

German's discovered meth a long time ago now. Hitler even took it himself and pushed it onto soldiers, as well as steroids. Thailand some years back were pushing yaba on hard workers to keep them working a lot of hours.

E2a: This was only 14 days ago https://edition.cnn.com/2018/04/04/asia/thai-meth-drug-bust-intl/index.html

Edited by Conspiranought