Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

KateAdam

LED Lighting Recommendations

35 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, tokenroll said:

Grams per watt, hehe very good. Think someone needs to google why grams per watt is a poor measurement when growing with leds. 

Please enlighten me ive had a google and its an led minefield man. 

Is it because they aren't the wattage advertised?

Like the draw from the wall? 

It bugging me now 

cheers

zz

1 person likes this

17 minutes ago, monkeypig said:

Until your results have been verified by Norris McWhirter, people are going to question those yields . Just in the same way you'd be suspicious if I claimed my Fiesta 1.1l could do 0-60 in 3 seconds.

@monkeypig Is Norris a member on here then ??  lol 

Good god, Ive not been called a liar since i was a kid, could never understand the point of lying, will always catch you out.

I can post a pic of the big plastic container full of meaty buds, but it covers the scales...  anyway soneone would claim i had lead in the bottom....

So better get Norris on a ryanair flight i guess..

As for ya fiesta...  check this out

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

I'm Slavering nonsense !

Edited by Teeth
Ripped just realised I'm talking nonsense
2 people like this

Fun question for any stess heads.

2 rooms like bazzos if you like, could be my rooms or yours. 

Identical set ups , plants all the same clone , fans , identical. 

Room 1 has 6 of the led lights that Bazzo is using  (270w)

Room 2 has 6 250w hps . (250w)

Which room yields the most? Giving that the led lights have an extra 120 watts over the hps?

That's a watt for watt battle people. 

I wanna know the answer please

When I'm convinced led light is as good if not better than hps I will bloody buy one and have a go.

Like I did with cmh.

So what do you reckon ?

What room would you be having?

For me at the moment , I believe room 2 is gonna give me more smoke but will it be as nice as room 1?

Answers on a postcard.

zz 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Bloody good question, and well put my man.... :bong:

You know my answer already...  against 250w HPS the LEDS in my opinion would be way ahead..  against 400w HPS, little difference. :wallbash:

But as ive said before, for me, living on solar electric in a hot climate, the heat the HPS pumps out would mean i need air con..  and at 1kw a unit thats a no go

I have just added another tent within the room with a 9 pot wilma in it, it will to all intents and purposes run as a room within a room.

I bought the tent and wilma, and was given a 600w HPS, cooled shade and ballast...    so i will be in a position at some point to run 9 plants under the HPS..

Edited by bazzo
1 person likes this