Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tzy1777

Advanced nutrients opinions?

39 posts in this topic

She is the pH perfect also sorry ! 

AN Grow and then Bloom and a touch of Overdrive was all that was needed.

Just reminded me that I have no idea where my truncheon is!

and that PH Perfect, does it work?

Tempted to run a Flood and Drain as my one grow this year

3 people like this

If I run at full strenghth my water has a ph of 7.1 and it brings it down to 5.8ish works pretty well for me dude

1 person likes this

33 minutes ago, dudley said:

PH Perfect, does it work?

Yes mate, I been using a & b in coco for at least the last year, no complaints from me, no messing about with meters checking everything, I don't even check the ec anymore, just squirt and feed, simples:yep:

Take it easy.Jj:yinyang: 

5 people like this

have you thought about using remo nute? thats what im starting to use  its a fraction of the cost of advance and remo used to work  aside advanced

1 person likes this

Hi there, I use an a+b grow and bloom for the last year or so.  Works a treat and had good results... Still a newbie and find that environment is the key to success. (Massive thanks to the folk on this website for that)...  I basically just use the ec truncheon to keep ec constant, 2nd week of flower at the mo and ec is 1.2... No big jumps in feed as they bit sensitive to big change.. Got 2 psychosis and 1 canalope haze on go in auto pots (other haze said fukit am deed). 

Since ma water soft I do add a little cal/mag but nothing else.. I used bud candy but seem to choke autopots a bit so got binned.

Man I love autopots..easy for a lazy bugger like me ........

If there is an easier way to grow, I would love to know... Cheers gonge 

1 person likes this

13 hours ago, Tzy1777 said:

If I run at full strenghth my water has a ph of 7.1 and it brings it down to 5.8ish works pretty well for me dude

full strength advanced nutrients works out at like 1.8ec mate thats a shit load of nutrients

most never go above half strength

3 people like this

12 hours ago, gopedsport said:

have you thought about using remo nute? thats what im starting to use  its a fraction of the cost of advance and remo used to work  aside advanced

Haven’t really looked at Remo only ever heard good things thou maybe an option once I run out of AN.

11 hours ago, gonge said:

Hi there, I use an a+b grow and bloom for the last year or so.  Works a treat and had good results... Still a newbie and find that environment is the key to success. (Massive thanks to the folk on this website for that)...  I basically just use the ec truncheon to keep ec constant, 2nd week of flower at the mo and ec is 1.2... No big jumps in feed as they bit sensitive to big change.. Got 2 psychosis and 1 canalope haze on go in auto pots (other haze said fukit am deed). 

Since ma water soft I do add a little cal/mag but nothing else.. I used bud candy but seem to choke autopots a bit so got binned.

Man I love autopots..easy for a lazy bugger like me ........

If there is an easier way to grow, I would love to know... Cheers gonge 

Thanks for the feedback bro sounds like a nice setup! Have you got a grow diary? Would love to see some pics.

11 hours ago, greenvigilante said:

full strength advanced nutrients works out at like 1.8ec mate thats a shit load of nutrients

most never go above half strength

Thanks for the advice matey, learnt this the hard way haha had slight nute burn last week, then yesterday ph started dropping slowly and ppms we’re going up so emptied half my res refilled with plain ph’d water and let it stabilise then topped up with some nutes tonight and seems nice and stable with ppm of 600~700 /

ec 1.2~1.4 and plants seem nice and happy will upload some pics ina sec 

1 person likes this

This is my first attempt at a scrOG, also I have 2 runts in there but didn’t see the point in outing them as I’d have nothing to replace them with so using them as guinea pigs haha, the one in the pics I monster cropped 2 days ago and it’s grown quite a bit since then, but whatever they produce in the end of just a bonus as I ain’t expecting much lol

large.977CA846-50F4-4BBD-93E1-A440C4CDCCCB.jpeglarge.AC1636A8-6EBD-4067-A22B-7704219885CF.jpeglarge.71C99220-6317-4537-839D-7BCF3A127E79.jpeglarge.A5DF0683-CFA3-4318-B60D-6541FE3DDE52.jpeg

2 people like this

@Tzy1777  hi mate. Na a have no pictures or diary yet. (  bit of a shitebag till I get it close to being right :george:).. But getting there... Doing a scrog myself and let them veg an extra week due to loosing a haze... Just stopped growing!   Got a 6 hunner above and 6"fan.  

I noticed the AN stuff smells a bit and after a few days seems to look like trea leaves floating around.. I just give it a guid steer with a spatula.. Job done hehe....

Will give taking pictures a try, its about time I tried.  My ec at no is 1.3 and that's the max all go I think.  6 weeks to go . ma jars are empty.. Fukin school boy error :wallbash:

1 person likes this

I love those totes......man could do with five of those for his next project into RDWC

:yep:

1 person likes this

On 15/04/2018 at 11:08 AM, zen-ken said:

I love those totes......man could do with five of those for his next project into RDWC

:yep:

Haha thanks g, Im getting sick results with em, 

Guys should i still use cal-mag with AN? Heard some people say yea and some no? What do u guys think

1 person likes this

large.IMG_20180418_182947.jpg

@Tzy1777 here is ma 1st attempt at a photo . 3weeks in .2 on left are psychosis (I'm told) and canalope haze is on right.  Scrog kinda working but getting the hang of it .... I think haha :skin_up:

3 people like this

50 minutes ago, gonge said:

large.IMG_20180418_182947.jpg

@Tzy1777 here is ma 1st attempt at a photo . 3weeks in .2 on left are psychosis (I'm told) and canalope haze is on right.  Scrog kinda working but getting the hang of it .... I think haha :skin_up:

looking banging bro! Looks like scrOG working nice shit loads of bud sites! Looking like your gonna ave a nice yield!

good work bro.

flipped mine exactly a week ago, net has really filled up struggling keeping on with training them lol getting to much, seriously stretching.

my 2 loose plants at the back are getting pathetic probably about 1.5m tall and both look like big bushes haha no signs of any bud forming yet reckon there gonna go on a 2 week stretch.

will upload some pics in a bit when I can get in there.

1 person likes this

One thing a lot of people get wrong is that they think, higher strength nutes means more nutes in the plant which means more yield.

What the case actually is, is that higher strength nutes can mean your plants have to work harder to get H2O from your nute solution, which means less than optimal water uptake which means less yield. A nute strength too high can make your plants liable to heat stress for example.

Each strain has an optimum nute strength it prefers. If you keep your nutes at that strength then you will get the maximum yield possible for your environment.

For most plants this tops out at 1.4EC/700PPM TDS.

Plants take in water through osmosis which is passive and means a nute strength too high will stop this process. They take in nutes through ionic transfer, which is an active process and can cope with a wider range of nute strength and still supply the plant with enough nutes although too much water will disrupt this process. Water and nutes need to be in the right ratio for the plant.

4 people like this