Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tzy1777

Advanced nutrients opinions?

39 posts in this topic

Hey guys

ive been using advanced nutrients sensi grow A+B, voodoo juice, and b52 and have just started using bud candy.

i have just placed an order for there bloom line as I’m flipping a week today.

ive seen great results with there veg line but I usually use roll it up forum but I’ve tried searching for opinions and reviews and all they do is slate AN with no valid reasons they just cain the owner and the price but don’t explain why so was just wondering what your guys opinions are of AN?

cheers

T

I must say I agree with the overpriced statement - hence why they get the slated.

If you look at some of the ingredients in his products they are cheaply replaced with alternatives....someone did a good thread on this recently....I would say that is the reason for the hating rather than the products themselves.

That being said I found the connoisseur a+b very ph stable and easy to use in RDWC   

2 people like this

Yeah I hear that man but they just slate it over there and give no reason like you have,

Im excited to flip and try there products cos I have heard really good things. And they are quite expensive which I would get why some people would steer clear for that reason but no reason to then go online and slate ingredients ect just because they can’t afford it.

but this is the results I’ve got so far they’ve been in the system for 3 weeks today let me know what u think, have lollipopped today and they was topped a few times over the last couple of weeks. The two runts at the front of photo 2 were in shock and have only just rooted and started growing over the last 2-3 days, hence why I’m going to give it a extra week then flip next Sunday.

and the first photo is my scrOG of 4 plants, never done one before so excited to see how it comes out hoping to get a decent yield.large.E3DAE555-0490-4D82-8EC1-8690B74EB1B4.jpeglarge.0AD85CED-7E81-4E38-B514-18110E59948A.jpeg

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Looking good bro from what I can see :yep:

have you grown with this system before or is it just new nutes you are using ?

The reason I would question price of AN is due to the fact I have expensive tastes in toys for my space.....would rather spend the money on a new fan etc....

I was taught a long time ago from here that money, normally, is best spent on improving environmental conditions to improve yields.

if we had CO2 kits, perfect lighting and laboratory equipment to maintain the PH and E.C then the nutes would be the next thing to look into to improve yields.

I have used a number of popular ranges .....iconic, H + G, canadian express, AN, GHE, canna

I use plant magic now

They dont really make that much difference to me anymore....anything will do....genetics and environmental/water control is much more important to me.  

Edited by zen-ken
1 person likes this

Nah tbh only ever done a soil grow but a friend advised me to go hydro so I had this system built for me by my local hydro shop cost an arm and a leg but I compared my current grow to my last both 2 weeks into veg and the difference was pathetic wouldn’t ever go back to soil lol.

just thought I’d try advanced cos I heard a lot about monster grows, but just trying to find the nutes that work for me and my system. Also forgot to mention my environment I’m using 3 600w hids (2 full spectrum and 1 MH) but when I flip going to switch to 3 super HPs bulbs got 1 omega super HPs, gavita super HPs, and osram enhanced HPs looking forward to seeing how these bulbs do and have a 6inch inlet and 8 inch exhaust. Humidifier and water chiller. Lights on tent is 75-80degrees rh=65% lights off 70-75 55%, ph 5.8 at the mo but usually creeps up to around 6.1 but seems to stay around that mark. Ppms 900-1000, water temps stay between 60-65 degrees, friend of mine advised me to use such high ppms as he does the same for his dwc grows and pulls colas the size of 2L coke bottles lol.

1 person likes this

wow...on my conversion chart that is an E.C of 1.8......and the water seems a little chilly @ 60 F thats only 15 celsius.....the general opinion on the site is to have it around 65 to 70

I locked out my last effort so I'm being a lot more sparring with the feed this time.....but then I only have one 600w HPS.

I have had great results with coco and ebb/flood systems but find the growth and cost of using a RDWC system beats everything hands down.....its never gonna taste like a soil crop but i found bat shit can help with that.

there are some really good DWC gardeners here......i have been relearning my craft again after a sustained absence due to my cancer and location

2 people like this

advanced nutrients is all i use for base nutrients. they are superb imo

all the other shite? naaah way over priced... ditch voodoo juice for some roots accelerator. b52 is just a veg boost. if ye need more nutes just up base nutes. ditch bud candy or your weed will loose the way it was supposed to taste

big bud is ok for an early flower boost and overdrive later but none of the other nonsense

8 people like this

Posted (edited)

Cracking to read this , I've only brought the connoisseur with the big bud and overdrive .

But unfortunately I stuffed my grow right up having trying this method for the first time .  Using auto pots also.

Sorry to jump in guys , 

Atb

Edited by Autofatman
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Autofatman said:

Cracking to read this , I've only brought the connoisseur with the big bud and overdrive .

But unfortunately I stuffed my grow right up having trying this method for the first time .  Using auto pots also.

Sorry to jump in guys , 

Atb

when u get up and going again dont follow intructions on the bottles mate

quarter strength for seedlings an half strength for rest of grow

5 people like this

@greenvigilante thank you for the advise bro. I was just coming into flower and I ramped them up to just 1ml of bloom a and b plus 0.5ml of big bud and the went down hill :( .

My ec was about 1.4 maybe a tad more which people said stuffed them. 

Atb bro cheers 

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Autofatman said:

@greenvigilante thank you for the advise bro. I was just coming into flower and I ramped them up to just 1ml of bloom a and b plus 0.5ml of big bud and the went down hill :( .

My ec was about 1.4 maybe a tad more which people said stuffed them. 

Atb bro cheers 

1ml of a and 1ml of b is 0.4 ec  add big bud to that @0.5 ml is 0.1 ec so that adds upto just 0.5 maybe 0.6 of nutrients. it wasnt the nutrients that stuffed them at those strengths mate. i feed my seedlings that

your water ec 0.8 from the tap mate? 

1 person likes this

Hi buddie , my tap water is only 0.2 EC but my ec was only 1.2 when they started to go wrong , showing calcium Def which I just had to sit out. 

I flushed them with a EC of 0.6 which is half a mill so your right with big bud also. But nothing. 

Hopefully taking them down in the next couple of days as they are so shite lol

I think I just need a pH controller as it might have been my pH going up and down as I don't live close by it. 

Atb pal

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Autofatman said:

Hi buddie , my tap water is only 0.2 EC but my ec was only 1.2 when they started to go wrong , showing calcium Def which I just had to sit out. 

I flushed them with a EC of 0.6 which is half a mill so your right with big bud also. But nothing. 

Hopefully taking them down in the next couple of days as they are so shite lol

I think I just need a pH controller as it might have been my pH going up and down as I don't live close by it. 

Atb pal

these nutrients are full of cal and mag mate as they are made for RO water which is 0.0ec  so the likely hood of actually having a calcium def is almost impossible

what u could have had is a lockout of calcium caused by over feeding or overwater

obv all just guesses but for your next grow fire a diary up as theres some good guys on here who can help as you grow rather than helping when a problem is already on u

if u have the ph perfect version of conissuer  forget the ph :)

2 people like this

I've been using sensi for the last few years in dwc with no issues.

Just the basic a+b grow and bloom with Buddhas Tree pk for a few weeks in flower.

My tapwater does not read on the truncheon so it's below .2 and I never go above 1.0 for the entire grow, regardless of their feeding guidlines

Certainly shouldn't be ph'ing using advanced nutes.........doing this will screw things up......

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Thank you bro , I think it was overfeeding as I done a run off test which was around the 1.9 mark. 

Also I need to pH my feed , even tho I'm using soil and perlite I've got 2inches of pebbles in their so there's no soil to buffer for me. 

My pH never went below 5.8 , did rise to 6.4 which I think was what stuffed them , even tho my trays were reading 6.1..

With like 10ml of grow and 5ml of big bud in a 10 Lt bucket gives me like a pH of 6.6-6.8 if I can rember .

Thanks guys atb!

Edited by Autofatman