Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tete

Chickens

25 posts in this topic

Your chickens look fine to me, they've got loads of room to scratch around. Happy chickens lay delicious eggs. Do you eat the chickens too?

We don’t eat our own chickens yet, hoping to move to a bigger farm next year with space to expand then we’ll definitely be keeping both :yep:

Bear in mind at least half those chicks could be cockrels

They can’t all stay together

keeping chickens is easy and rewarding

foxproofing is high priority

as is being ready for rats that invariably arrive

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Check out the Omlet range of moveable, funky designed, fox proof pens. You'll pick one up on e-bay for the same price as a new 630 CMH.

As been said, they'll destroy a garden in the nicest possible way..

Edited by Ital
1 person likes this

This morning’s little haul:

large.85DD9C34-286C-4C1A-B73A-B396BC83E30A.jpeg

7 people like this

I cook chicken wings later.

After that I hope your chickens are ready. lol

Posted (edited)

I like chickens

Edited by chicken1111

I kept them - great animals and thoroughly enjoyed it. Small town garden too at the time. Major things to consider - found it a ballache having an absolute shit ton of eggs 8 months of the year and buying my own for 4, then having 4 old hens to look after when they stop laying or the unpleasant task of dispatching a bunch of pets you've grown accustomed to, by which time they are past eating too.

my dad kept chickens before I was born mum was terrified of them, day before I was born she fell over trying get into the house away from one that had scared her, after lots of trauma and pain my grans next door neighbor brought me into this world, probably caused most of my bad mental, so I got no love for chickens I just eat them and their eggs

Hope this doesn't bring back too much birth trauma!

1 person likes this